Shave of the day Saturday 9th Sept - Friday 15th Sept 2017

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – Barrister Reserve: Spice
Post - Cold water rinse / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

Barrister Reserve: Spice providing the base for a sublime shave, and finishing off with Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner... a wonderful start to my holidays...

SOTD_20170909-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Above The Tie - SE1
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Cream: Saponificio Bignoli - Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Barnacle Bob - ASL
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d''Orient

Today's shave:

rdt170909.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Seville
- Maseto 24mm Finest Badger
- Edwin Jagger Barley with Sputnik blade
- Floïd suave Aftershave

:)

I got the brush a week ago (delivery took about four weeks, two of which were spent waiting on it to be posted in the first place) and have used it everyday since. Softness, backbone, flow-through and size come together quite nicely, and it neither hogs nor eats lather. The knot is very well suited for everyday use. Only the handle leaves a bit to be desired; I have to fiddle with it and grab it rather tightly. I wish I'd gone for the "Spectrum" handle instead, but apparently people do tend to own more than one brush these days, so we'll see... ;)

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – shower and face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: RazoRock X
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Shark (4th)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir (Face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, shower, then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Lovely shave this afternoon with my Merkur 37C and used Shark razor – great combination. The RazoRock X with my Razorock 400 created a lovely, thick lather that maintained a lovely scent. 3 passes, no pick up – Not chasing BBS at the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, now on to Final Score and re-bagging some comics :D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom