Shave of the day Saturday 15th-Friday 21st july 2017

plAkwTBh.jpg

Quick shave, cold beer, then out the door!

Sotd - this morning - 20/7 -

Razor - Cobra Classic
Blade - Feather Pro Super (lost count)
Brush - Stirling Two band
Soap - Wickhams Imperial Trevor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - an interesting shave. For the first time ever a one pass shave and out - I normally do two - previously three, before I refined my technique. I had an early job and - unusually for me - I had to look presentable. What wasn't unusual was that I was running late. I just grabbed any kit that happened to be in front of me and got to it. WTG down to my jaw and then ATG up to my jaw. I would normally repeat this in the opposite direction on the second pass. It's not conventional but it works for me. I certainly wasn't bbs but it was a dfs - even 12 hours later I am still visually clean-shaven. Interesting - I may try this again with another razor but I suspect strongly that the Cobra had a major influence on the outcome. Ever shaved quickly with one? A nerve-racking experience. I wouldn't recommend it. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - cheers - I.

Thursday Morning

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave cream
Vitos Green Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Star 1912 Pattern with a GEM SS blade (#8)
Alum Block and rinse
Argan Oil
Old Spice Whitewater AS

Three Pass BBS shave and there is still life in the blade. With longevity like this ....I think I have enough SE blades to last me the rest of my life! Continuing to break in the Omega.I am not using expensive soft soaps until I get this sorted. I don't want to use half a tub in one shave and If I use a different brush I will probably be distracted from the work in progress!

A quick insight into the Chinese cologne soap..it's a wonderful performer, excellent post shave feeling ,a nice light cologne fragrance, no risk of you "glowing in the Dark" or any "abnormal growths starting to appear after shaving with it.".for what it costs it's superb, i grated mine and moulded it into a plastic tub..which is ideal for face or bowl lathering.
The link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-cologne-Scent-SHAVING-CREAM-SOAP-100g-Foaming-Lather-Barber-Salon-Tool/172224182350?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
It does however take a while to arrive, but it's well worth the wait.Enjoy.;)

Is it glycerine based?

Last edited:
To my knowledge,yes...A vague answer to your question, but there isn't much info on the packaging coming from China..It lathers up really well and doesn't dissapate. Another Chinese soap i recommend is Blue's Goat milk (Tallow Based)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Shav...841186?hash=item25b2b2a1a2:g:VLEAAOSwNphWZq4m
Both soaps perform excellently and are perfectly safe to use, i'll always have them in my shaving den. Regards.

I have found Glycerine soaps to be a bit hit and miss for me . I think the only ones I have left are Col Conk Bay Rum and Erasmic. The Goats milk soap does look very interesting!

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
NSS Lemon, Basil and Mandirin Soap.
Maseto 30mm Finest.
Merkur 37C.
Astra SP (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
OSP Lemon & Cedar Wood Aftershave.

Thoroughly enjoyable and relaxed early evening shave. Settled for DFS after 3 passes. My face feels great, and apparently I smell really nice too. Can't be bad.

Evening, Thursday's shave, first since last Saturday.

Pre-shave - Hot flannel, followed by lots of warm water and Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Razor - ATT SE1
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Razor Blades (day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving Natural Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Cream.

After a horror of a shave last Saturday, due to no proper prep, I wanted to give my skin a rest. Decided to shave this evening :)

A very nice shave, with no issues. I was slightly nervous as I have never shaved with a SE, with more than 1 - 2 days growth. The ATT SE1 very efficiently removed the beard. 3 passes, WTG, ATG and XTG - with a slight touch-up.

Noticed the slightest remnants of a scratch/scar from last Saturday's debacle. Hope that shifts over time.

It was good to get back into the groove. The Mrs was going seriously nuts, as my growth comes in fast and thick and she does not dig beards. Just wait until the next addition to the den arrives: Rocnel SE GEM :)

Evening, Thursday's shave, first since last Saturday.

Pre-shave - Hot flannel, followed by lots of warm water and Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Razor - ATT SE1
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Razor Blades (day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving Natural Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Cream.

After a horror of a shave last Saturday, due to no proper prep, I wanted to give my skin a rest. Decided to shave this evening :)

A very nice shave, with no issues. I was slightly nervous as I have never shaved with a SE, with more than 1 - 2 days growth. The ATT SE1 very efficiently removed the beard. 3 passes, WTG, ATG and XTG - with a slight touch-up.

Noticed the slightest remnants of a scratch/scar from last Saturday's debacle. Hope that shifts over time.

It was good to get back into the groove. The Mrs was going seriously nuts, as my growth comes in fast and thick and she does not dig beards. Just wait until the next addition to the den arrives: Rocnel SE GEM :)
Intresting, please let us know your thoughts on your upcoming new addition , thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom