Shave of the day Saturday 15th-Friday 21st july 2017

Which BBA product did you like the most? If I was told to pick one and only one of their products it would have to be the wonderfull post shave balm. What would you pick? :)
I have to agree with you 100% there Paul.
I have had the fortune to try all of the BBA products and I am yet to find a balm as good as the BBA Post Balm. They are all good products but this one stands out of the crowd.
Truly awesome stuff :)

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub, bloom water
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Brush: Razorock 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate #6)
Blade: Feather (2)
Post shave: Lucky Tiger aftershave and face tonic followed up with L'Occitane Cedrat after shave cream gel

36025803566_b4209ec4b6_c.jpg

Another fabulous shave. Everytime I get tempted by an expensive American artisan soap, I pull out some Phoenix & Beau and save a few quid. Truly top tier stuff.

Friday

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Culmak Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Star 1912 Pattern with a GEM SS (#9)
Witch Hazel
Boots Freshwood AS Balm
Old Spice AS

Another pre night shift shave. When I wakened this afternoon and saw the Traditional Welsh/British weather (Rain and lots of it} , I decided to have a traditional British shave. Perhaps not for the Prep part...as I regard proper prep as a 'Health and Safety' issue!
The little 'Star' of a razor produced another effortless BBS shave in three passes. Some razors I have give me a sense of achievement....this one gives me a sense of satisfaction. Finished of the barbershop experience with a dab of Brylcreem and I am now set for the night!

Enjoy your weekend.

Pre: Cold Water
Brush: Vie-Long 13052
Soap: La Toja stick
Razor: ER Streamline/Jewel
Blade: Gem SS
Afters: Hawkins & Brimble PSB

Out of this family of razors this is the only one that didn't come naturally to me. Today I finally cracked it.
My last shave was a good one but I was still treading carefully. This shave, a smooth natural wtg/xtg shave, and this razor has not only got my respect but I enjoy using it.
IMG_20170721_162157.jpg

Friday 21st July 2017

SOTD 21st July.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#3)
Brush: Maseto 24mm 2 band finest
Cream: Kiehl's Lite Flite
AS: Lucky Tiger Aspen

Decent shave today, although I did manage to take to the top off the spot that has appeared on my face, this is probably one of the few times I expect to draw blood with the OneBlade Core.

SOTD%20Jul%2021%202017_zpsmowlyp6l.jpg

PARADIGM/FEATHER :: MORRIS & FORNDRAN :: BARRISTER & MANN
Second use of the M&F Finest. I enjoy the way the scrub can be dialed in simply by applying more or less pressure. The knot whipped up copious amounts of lather and held more than enough for three passes, though I only needed two and bit of touch up.

Friday

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Culmak Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Star 1912 Pattern with a GEM SS (#9)
Witch Hazel
Boots Freshwood AS Balm
Old Spice AS

Another pre night shift shave. When I wakened this afternoon and saw the Traditional Welsh/British weather (Rain and lots of it} , I decided to have a traditional British shave. Perhaps not for the Prep part...as I regard proper prep as a 'Health and Safety' issue!
The little 'Star' of a razor produced another effortless BBS shave in three passes. Some razors I have give me a sense of achievement....this one gives me a sense of satisfaction. Finished of the barbershop experience with a dab of Brylcreem and I am now set for the night!

Enjoy your weekend.
The feeling of satisfaction after a shave is somthing else! If I smoked I would sit back and light a cigarette and smoke it with a very satisfied look on my face every time that happened! :)

18950373_506470449688936_3453802447909158912_n.jpg

Omega 11047
ATT Calypso M1
Voskhod (3)
Vito's Red
Boots WH, 4711 aftershave and cologne

My first use of Vitos since about 2015 when I used it and had a reaction, with that in mind I fancied giving it a go today and what a great shave, no issues with lather or skin irritation, lathered superbly in fact, more cherry bakewell than Cella. The replacement Omega was good, no shedding on this one, looking forward to breaking it in properly. The ATT is a great shaver, very efficient and close. It's mild but the quality of shave it top notch, very close with my usual routine, almost too close if anything.

Back
Top Bottom