3P Preshave cream
Proraso Sandalwood Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
ES Claymore V2 on a Windrose P2 Handle
Proline-P (#5)
Alum Block and rinse
Organic Rosehip Oil
Proraso Sandalwood AS

The brush is beginning to break in......split ends are beginning to show and the tips are starting to soften noticeably.
Fantastic shave today. Only needed two passes and the smallest bit of a touch up to go BBS.

My first SotD in nearly 5 years! The synthetic chubby arrived today and all the problems I had with badger and boar seem to of disappeared, I'm very happy!

Razor - Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (6)
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Cream - Simpsons Peppermint and Rosemary
Post - Nivea Hydro gel
IMG_6927_zps1jyhzbes.jpg

It'll be a number of weeks til I dip my toe back into DE (although cut throat always appealed more) with likely a R41 or English Rocket.

Again very happy with the chubby.

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa Red pre-share
Soap: Executive Shave Bay Rum Cream
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1st)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, another cold rinse followed by a shower then Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase.

After 7 months using the Merkur 34c it was time to try something new – a Merkur 37c. WOW!!! What a shave, two passes and everything was gone, some feedback from the Alum (Ouchie) and due to being overzealous, a wee nick on my Adam's apple. Definitely like this razor a lot, cuts through my coarse hair easily, so THANK YOU to all those who recommended it. Will use this now for a few weeks to get better as it does feel (to me) more aggressive.

SOTD: 19/07/17
SOTD 190717 no2.jpg
Brush:
Maseto 30mm Silvertip
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow #2
Razor: Asylum Evolution
Soap: Catties Bubbles La Terre Verte
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

What a difference a day makes. I wanted to continue with this pass around razor. This is my forth shave and I must say it has been the best. A two pass shave without any issue has left me virtually BBS. Really starting to impress me. The weight and balance of this razor is superb.
First time with the catties bubbles "La Terre Verte" and as expected it produced a beautiful lather with a lovely Sandlewood and Patchouli hit that remains far beyond the shave.
The "Cade" matched up perfectly with the soap.

Apologies in advance for the pic, I am using a really bad Nokia phone. (well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :D)

Enjoy your shaves gents. :)

Wednesday
Preshave: hot water splash
Soap: proraso green
Brush: Omega professional 49
Razor: R41 on SS bulldog handle
Blade: voskhod
After: alum block and Pinaud Clubman

Very comfortable shave, two passes, wtg and atg. Blade is very smooth almost no feedback from alum stone.
e0f226039a96387323ed62eadd54b270.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wednesday
Preshave: hot water splash
Soap: proraso green
Brush: Omega professional 49
Razor: R41 on SS bulldog handle
Blade: voskhod
After: alum block and Pinaud Clubman

Very comfortable shave, two passes, wtg and atg. Blade is very smooth almost no feedback from alum stone.
e0f226039a96387323ed62eadd54b270.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Great first post @gile You are a brave man using the R41.
Welcome and enjoy! :)

Wednesday 19th July 2017
SOTD 19th July.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Techmatic 1966
Blade: NOS Gillette Techmatic Adjustable (#2) Medium Setting +1
Brush: no brush
Soap: Boots brushless
AS: Lucido

A decent two pass shave from the Techmatic but I think the brushless cream let things down a bit. I think I will be using a proper cream or soap next shave.

Back
Top Bottom