Shave of the day Saturday 15th-Friday 21st july 2017

View attachment 27191
Prep....Shower ~ Olive oil soap
Razor.... Colonial Razors ~ General (Brass)
Blade.... Feather Pro Super
Bowl.... Little Wren Pottery
Soap.... Klar~ Lemongrass
Brush.... Semouge 2000
Post.... Thayers Rose petal, BBA Post Shave balm, Jojoba Oil
Scent.... TF Tabacco Vanille, from Mr Perfume

After a solid week with the Blackland Sabre what was my first choice, yes the General, in brass fitted out with a feather super, another great razor and blade combination.

The Klar with its great Lemongrass scent lathered up into a creamy consistently offered me all the protection and slick N slide that was required.
The shave was close, two passes with a couple of touch ups and I was done, smooth and irritation free.

I finnished off with my post shave routine of Thayers, BBA balm and Jojoba oil and job done, done well.

My scent for today is the heady Tabacco Vanille Oil, a Tom Ford clone from Mr Perfume, wow, this pack's a punch, it's a beast of a scent and has longevity on it's side.

Wishing you all a great day...... :)

Now ready to take my dog for his morning run out, it's overcast but dry for now! :)

Wed 19th July

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Tabac
Brass General
Schick Proline Type P [ 10 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Today I wanted a no fuss dependable Shave, as off hopefully to meet friends for Lunch provided that their Flights are on Time. Chose the General, which with the Schick Blade and great lather from the Tabac, allowed me to have a really effortless smooth shave, with a finish that will last till evening. The amazing element is the Blade,which is still delivering great Shaves after 10 uses,and I do have a pretty strong blade growth.

My only gripe is that I still would like a nice brass knurled handle, as otherwise for me The General is a superb Razor.

IMG_1413.jpg

Last edited:
Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Proraso - Menthol Crema Pre Barba
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Classic Scent Shaving Cream
Semogue - SOC Ash Handle Boar
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
PERMA-SHARP SUPER (2)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Claus Porto - Musgo Real Classic Scent After Shave

Again a perfect BBS after two passes with the PERMA-SHARP SUPER blade which was still very sharp but smooth. Beside the Feather Hi-Stainless both are at the moment the best blade brands for my 37C. Will test some other brands, too.

This Wednesday's morning shave was accopampanied with some singing by an interesting individual, Lady Florence Foster Jenkings.

Last edited:
Greetings

Wednesday 19th July 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillettte 'Old' Clone (Made in England)
Blade: BIC Plat. Chrome
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel

This cheap and cheerful razor was a 50 pence car boot sale find, it is a bog standard 'Old' clone but unusually has a white bakelite handle, it shaves really well albeit I did put in a shim as I find these clones are generally a little milder than the real thing.

Regards
Dick.

19.7.17.JPG

SOTD 20170719

8H7GyYs.jpg

Brush: J&T® black walnut / Maggard synthetic 24 mm.
Shaving soap: Maison du savon de Marseille "Tonifiant" (sample).
Razor: ATT SE1.
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (5).
After shave: Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

The soap is excellent, and the stainless steel SE1 feels the same as its aluminum brother ...;)

Morning gents,

19th straight shave and my final use of @Blackmass lovely Michael Waterhouse. This was my first full size near wedge experience and also the biggest razor I'd tried. I've enjoyed the ride.

Lathered up with 1912 Red Rose as I needed a soap that I was confident in and also a bit special, which this 1912 ticks both boxes for. The Maesto performed brilliantly, as expected a scrubby beast.

Only one pass with the straight last night and then I tidied up with a Merkur 34C, my first ever DE razor. The first pass went reasonably well, my chin actually co-operated for once, but only in so far as it let me get rid of most the stubble, but couldn't let me get away scot free, with a little nick for my troubles. Just read my last two reports and it seemed the same thing happened two straight shaves ago! Never mind, I'm going to have to be more vigilant with that area. The rest of the pass was pretty good. A bit of irritation, a couple of weepers, but not bad. A single pass with the 34C left a smooth finish, but the balm had a little bit to say about my escapade.

None-the-less, a decent shave, with less irritation than I expected in the end!

Thanks again to @Blackmass :)

img_20170718_194417-01-jpeg.14929

19/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - 3P
Brush - Omega 82065
Razor - DE89
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (6)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

I've been using/testing Phoenix and Beau's vegan soap mostly over the last week and found it to be my new benchmark for soaps for post shave/lack of irritation and I'm seeking to compare other soaps I own for post shave for my own personal findings.

3P is one of my favourite soaps, and I remembered why I like it so much - it's a delight to load up and builder a thick lather with. In use I found it has a great cushion but not quite as slick as P&B Vegan or even Vitos Red. For the second & third passes I got a slight bit of irritation when the lather was on my face, a bit less than when I used the Vitos Red a few days ago. The post shave is reasonable, not as bad as some nor as great as the P&B Vegan.

20184548_481086938895160_8270835955179454464_n.jpg

Vie Long 04503
ATT Calypso M1
Voskhod (1)
La Toja Shaving Cream
Boots Tea Tree WH, La Toja balm & splash

What a great shave, love the La Toja and one of the few items I will always replenish when I run out. A near BBS shave, mild but very efficient, possibly the most efficient razor I own. Voskhod was a lovely blade to pair with. My razor use of late has been exceptional since the weekend, been clicking with the ones I use. Need to thin the herd again but decisions decisions, too many good shavers but which to keep....

Back
Top Bottom