Secret Santa Acquisitions thread!

Do you think I should release the who had who list, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
Thanks Max! Yes this really did add and extra frisson of excitement to an already wonderful Christmas Day. I know who my Santa was (thanks again Matt!) but not sure if my recipient knows their gift was from me. The stench of horse slurry might have given it away though. :oops:

I am neutral on the subject. I stuck a return address label on mine as I always do and the recipient got on touch to say thanks but they may not have examined the package or chose not to get in touch; either way was fine with me. I had the task of finding a present for our resident Nanny, sending her shaving gear seemed not right somehow, apart from a plastic Bic exchange with PC in the thread I could not find anything she would like (apart from a new shed), so I went out and bought something I felt was suitable.

Similarly the person who sent me a package included a nice note so I wrote to him and thanked him, I love Lavender scents and have mentioned this now and again, I was quite touched that my Santa had taken the time to look at my posts and find me something in Lavender that I would not get the chance to try (local to him).

You said that some have asked who their Santa was, I assume it is because they want to write them a thank you. My Wife does a secret Santa every year in work and they all tell each other who the Secret Santa was after it. Personally I don't mind either way but I hope if someone does that they PM you.

I have absolutely no idea who my santa was and would like to know so that I can say thanks properly.

failing that, I'll do it again now.

Many thnaks santa, the prezzies were perfect and I assure you, they will be used!

it won't take my vote either but i say no

the clue is in the title - SECRET santa

it's a bit of fun which we all enjoyed, everyone has said thanks so for me that's enough

I also voted no.

I think we all entered into this knowing it was anonymous, and to lose that anonymity now it's finished is changing the goal posts somewhat. That makes it sound like I've sent a crap present, which I hope is not the case! I guess if someone needs to return a present for a warranty reason or similar then maybe that could be arranged via PM with Max.

One of the reasons I disagree with some and am very keen to know who my secret santa is because part of what he sent me was a gorgeous brush handle which looks just stunning,he also offered to help out with putting a new knot in it!It's nice to know who he is because I can give him a big thank you and accept his offer,my guess is bejay :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Max may I suggest disclosing names uppon request? :shave

To my secret santa, I am very pleased with my prezzie a very nice "Paperclip" Rocket and a pack of vintage Gillette Blues.
Sorry about the late thanks, but the razor is staying in my rotation......... :shave :shave

Apologies to Santa.
Only just found this thread (I wondered why the secret Santa thread last posting was still 23rd December).
I was very pleased with my l'Occitane ASB though SWMBO demanded to know why I'd sent off for more shaving stuff. She seemed more accepting when I told her it was a gift from Santa.

Santa's name was included in the packing so not too secret. Thank you very much. It will get used.

My secret Santa was from London and gave me the "Coolest" present of peppermint shaving cream. I thought it appropriate to thank him in TSR forum, which I did. Once more then, thanks so much for the introduction to Connaught Shaving products and this wonderful cool cream. It had to be passed around the front room so everyone could smell; including the little one with it on her nose.

To ID or not to ID? Kinda hard for me and fellow Americans to sneak in under the radar and surprize you, I don't mind that and gave a note to my person saying so. I'd prefer the way it is, but some may get along with knowing and thanking personally. It was recommended to review past posts, to get an idea of what the persons interests were. I found lavender, he was just getting along with Sandalwood, hated razor and brush stands. Which gave me a jolt since a friend and I were making one razor and brush stands out of birdseye maple. Only measurements Michael had was from photos and he did a smashing job of duplicating. We had a friend with lathe to turn the post out of the maple as well. All made ahead of schedule until I discovered he hated stands. WOuldn't own one. So, I took a trip to the lavender farms of Sequim, Washington. Lavender products out the Ying Yang, festival 3rd week in July and of course a bottle of essential oil. Put a couple drops on your Williams puck and whistle a tune will ya? I enjoyed the exchange and can either hope for Nanny or Professor Blighty's name next year. Professor, that coconut shaving soap sample you sent is Spot On. Wonderful Jimmy Buffet stuff ...

Next year I'm going to send a slim adjustable to someone as a secret Santa. I bet that person will know who it came from. Regards, Robert

pedro083 said:
bazwalk said:
You are welcome. Costs about 50p in Tripoli :D . This time next week I'll be back there :(

If not to late baz i woud not mind trying some of this creme if you could bring some back(paid for of course)

Sorry Chaps but I won't be back in the UK until August. I will sort something out nearer the time if there's still interest. 18C here today :D

bazwalk said:
Sorry Chaps but I won't be back in the UK until August. I will sort something out nearer the time if there's still interest. 18C here today :D

I would act as a guinea pig at my own cost & risk if you wanted to try the vagaries of the Libyan Post Office :lol: (I've only once had a package go missing and that was from Australia when AQIS (the quarantine service) took a dislike to the contents and incinerated it - they sent me a card to tell me though)

hunnymonster said:
bazwalk said:

I would act as a guinea pig at my own cost & risk if you wanted to try the vagaries of the Libyan Post Office :lol: (I've only once had a package go missing and that was from Australia when AQIS (the quarantine service) took a dislike to the contents and incinerated it - they sent me a card to tell me though)

The Ashes :lol:

Apologies for the late appearance :oops:

Here is a list of my Christmas S.S. gifts and very pleased i am too.

Nanny's Silly Soap citrus zinger, Nanny's always a winner and pairs nicely with Nanny's lavender
Arko, a soap that’s been at the top of my wish list recently
Nanny's hand soap...............perfect.................... many thanks Secret Santa :shave

Back
Top Bottom