Secret Santa 2014 *Updated*

Have bought my Santee's gifts, waiting on one or two to come through the post. Difficult guy/gal to buy for, this one - seems to have expensive tastes and to already own pretty much all the software and hardware he/she wants.

Mr_Smartepants said:
If my SS is watching and looking for last-minute gift ideas... :angel:
I just scored a Schick dial adjustable (M-series) on flea-bay and I'm now looking for a pack of old-ish Schick injector blades.

Ugh. I owned a Schick once. Felt like I was scraping three layers of skin off, worst irritation ever. PIF'ed it with some blades a year or so ago.

Still, horses for courses, eh?

Mr_Smartepants said:
I'm now looking for a pack of old-ish Schick injector blades.

Ken T M said:
Ugh. I owned a Schick once. Felt like I was scraping three layers of skin off, worst irritation ever. PIF'ed it with some blades a year or so ago.

Still, horses for courses, eh?

Unless Santee knows his/her injectors, I would hold off on asking for some. There's just too much chance of buying something not so great unless you know what's up with blades.

I may have a few vintage Schick packs I would sell, along with some 'Chicks'. The vintage 1990 era blades are nice. Use the pm feature if that interests you.

Ken, I had the same experience as you with injectors my first time. Jeeez, the damn thing was so uncomfortable on my face and I walked around with razor burn like I had been vacationing in Florida. Nasty little E type thing that I quit after a week of trying.

Then months later I tried a different model and it was fun! Total night and day thing. I think you should try a Schick adjustable with some good blades. It can be a real pleasant shave from an interestingly rigid SE system.

Martin

Ken T M said:
Have bought my Santee's gifts, waiting on one or two to come through the post. Difficult guy/gal to buy for, this one - seems to have expensive tastes and to already own pretty much all the software and hardware he/she wants.

I've tried to work out what to get and gave up. I couldn't get any idea's, but hopefully the gift(s) will be accepted in the non-soak/pants from the family tradition.

Fish

Don't beat yourselves up folks, the whole point of the "Secret Santa" is just a bit of fun. This why we say limit it to a tenner and the recipients have never complained yet ... :p
Well Dodgy moaned a bit after getting socks for a few years in a row, but as he well knows us "Brits" have a strange sense of humour.

In response to the question regarding labeling, in previous years I seem to remember we just put the initials "TSR" somewhere visible on the outside of the packet. Is there any reason why we shouldn't just do the same this year?

Hi Ken, this is in the 1st post. I suggested either double wrap them, Christmas Paper on the inside and a plain brown wrapping on the outside. Or 1 layer of brown wrapping paper but mark the package with "TSR" so it doesn't opened by mistake. I think this is the same as previous years.
Cheers,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom