Saturday 8th May to Friday 14th May 2021

View attachment 69788
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

The Mogno will never stop amazing me. No pre-shave, no post-balm - just a splash of Superdrug's finest and my face feels ace :giggle: Day three for the Super Blue, and it's still smooth as you like. I'll give it another outing tomorrow before moving on I think......
Err, you seem to be missing a tin for that there Mogno :)....

Thursday SOTD

XvD326b.png

Fine Accoutrements Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Fine Accoutrements Red & White Synthetic Shaving Brush
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Shaving Soap
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Aftershave
Fine Accoutrements American Blend EdT

Thursday 13th May

Simpson M7 Synthetic - Acqua di Parma Cream - FaTip Piccolo Lo Storto/Rubie Plus - Acqua di Parma Intensa

I wanted a 'Pamper' shave this morning as today is a special day and I intend to really enjoy it. It's not obvious on line but I have quite profound hearing issues. Last Feb I took an ear infection and was totally deaf for about 3 weeks. It responded to treatment and some ability to hear returned. I was all set to get it sorted and then Covid kicked in. I have suffered profound deafness for over a year. The whole episode has been extremely demoralising and stressful....especially at work. I stopped watching movies unless I had seen them before and knew the story. Audiobooks became pointless. Yesterday evening I finally had my assessment and had new hearing aids fitted. Last night I sat outside and listened the birds which I hadn't heard for ages. I am not on duty today so it's a movie and audiobook for me.

The whole point of the post.......the shave. Excellent....and I do feel well and truly pampered:)

IMG_20210512_184301.jpg

Somehow, and I had said to myself this wouldn't happen, I seem to have bought a Blackland Vector.

This was a damn expensive razor but the use of stainless steel, the high build quality, the engineering and above all the originality of the design, meant I simply had to have one. The ink stand and handle patterns also helped.

Honestly, I also felt a tinge of guilt at having bought the Yaqi Raster, which is clearly a copy, or perhaps one should say rip off, of Shane Swartzlander's design. Blackland is pretty much a one man company and I like to be able to support original designers when possible.

My first shave with this work of art was excellent. I went full on lime which I like but the shave was exceptionally smooth and irritation free. I used an AC Pro on it's third use, and it took down three days of growth very efficiently. No weepers or irritation, as judged by my skipping the Bart's balm and going straight for the Trumpers cologne. Very little burn at all :)

As I say an expensive razor but beautifully made and performing beautifully too!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artists Club Pro (3)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper's Lime Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Thursday 13th May

Simpson M7 Synthetic - Acqua di Parma Cream - FaTip Piccolo Lo Storto/Rubie Plus - Acqua di Parma Intensa

I wanted a 'Pamper' shave this morning as today is a special day and I intend to really enjoy it. It's not obvious on line but I have quite profound hearing issues. Last Feb I took an ear infection and was totally deaf for about 3 weeks. It responded to treatment and some ability to hear returned. I was all set to get it sorted and then Covid kicked in. I have suffered profound deafness for over a year. The whole episode has been extremely demoralising and stressful....especially at work. I stopped watching movies unless I had seen them before and knew the story. Audiobooks became pointless. Yesterday evening I finally had my assessment and had new hearing aids fitted. Last night I sat outside and listened the birds which I hadn't heard for ages. I am not on duty today so it's a movie and audiobook for me.

The whole point of the post.......the shave. Excellent....and I do feel well and truly pampered:)
That result sounds very worthy of a pamper and a celebration. Nice one @culcreuch (y)

Thursday 13th May

Great news Brian and an excellent reminder for us not to take for granted the everyday wonders in life

13/5/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Scrub
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco

My VRC had dried out and was lacking a little slickness, so I cut into small chunks, added a few drops of water & drops of glycerine, and voila it's slicker than anything!

I forgot how good a new Vosk and BET can be.

Have a good day gents.

Today’s shave, after a warm shower.

Soap. ..... Stirling black cherry
Brush. .... Morris & Forndran ebonite 2xl finest
Razor. ..... Gillette fatboy (5-7)
Blade. ..... Gillette Thin
Post. .. Alum, hot and cold face rinse.
Asb ....... L’Oreal
ASL. ...... M&S Woodspice

The first few strokes were tugging. removed the blade and palm stropped it a few
D42320FC-5EA0-4401-B556-64D9CD379CAE.jpeg

times and replaced it. From there it was a very enjoyable and comfortable shave. No errors and no reaction from the alum. .. Happy days
Stay safe, keep smiling :)

Last edited:
Thursday 13th May

A real reason to celebrate,,and a great shave to boot :)

Thursday 13th May

Good for you, Brian !

Back
Top Bottom