Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Valet VC1 Gold Tone (1922-28)
Blade: Modified GEM Stainless PTFE (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's White Musk & Vetiver Balm
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva #1

Wk 19 (5).JPG
I was looking forward to using the VC1 today after Arthur @Electrif 's SOTD yesterday and it did not disappoint.
Got to admit the face lather with the WMSS was a bit thin on the first pass so i just reloaded the brush and all was well.
3 full passes for a BBS finish, i keep saying it - for its looks this razor is a surprisingly gentle shaver.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Prep: Shower
Pre: Pears Soap
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming’s Barbershop.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka Express Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (nicknamed the unnecessary replacement or ‘gift’ to keep for my son, which is the explanation I’m giving my wife, as in my impatience I bought a 2nd as I thought it my original had been lost in the post going for repair/restoration at Razorplate)
Blade: Astra SP
My ‘replacement’ Fatboy has always given me a great shave and in good condition from what I can see, (better than my picture shows and better my original one was, still waiting on the post for its return!). Today as expected it did a fabulous job. The Pinnacle Barbershop was a medium to mild scent which took a while to lather but gave a great double cream, yogurt like lather and a really nice after feel, which lasted half a day or so. Back to the Leaf Twig tomorrow unless my restored Fatboy arrives!

Attachments

• 5225E6E3-F334-476C-9B41-621872F4DB9A.jpeg
    5225E6E3-F334-476C-9B41-621872F4DB9A.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
Wed 12 SOTD
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Chronos
Very nice soap!! Great scent, thickly creamy and slick lather...beautiful!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent!! Really smooth and comfortable yet crisply sharp! 3passes for a mostly bbs result but 1 weeper...Excellent aftershaves too...
20210511_234116.jpg20210512_072736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom