Saturday 8th May to Friday 14th May 2021

Thursday AM 2021-05-13
DBs06bX.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Bulgarian Rose Absolute Hydrosol
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/Triad Pineapple Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (4)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

A few drops of the rose hydrosol in the XPEC lather moderated its muskiness nicely. Although not quite as smooth as the WR1, the WR2 razor gives me an excellent shave. And the Aramis aftershave always reminds me of months I spent as a young man in Florence, some of the happiest times of my life.
oGCTBk9.jpg

Thursday 13th May

Simpson M7 Synthetic - Acqua di Parma Cream - FaTip Piccolo Lo Storto/Rubie Plus - Acqua di Parma Intensa

I wanted a 'Pamper' shave this morning as today is a special day and I intend to really enjoy it. It's not obvious on line but I have quite profound hearing issues. Last Feb I took an ear infection and was totally deaf for about 3 weeks. It responded to treatment and some ability to hear returned. I was all set to get it sorted and then Covid kicked in. I have suffered profound deafness for over a year. The whole episode has been extremely demoralising and stressful....especially at work. I stopped watching movies unless I had seen them before and knew the story. Audiobooks became pointless. Yesterday evening I finally had my assessment and had new hearing aids fitted. Last night I sat outside and listened the birds which I hadn't heard for ages. I am not on duty today so it's a movie and audiobook for me.

The whole point of the post.......the shave. Excellent....and I do feel well and truly pampered:)
Nice one Brian, I'm made up for you.

Paul.

Prep: Shower
Pre: Pears Soap
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming’s Male and Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush: Edwin Jagger Pure Badger Shaving Brush Light Imitation Horn/Chrome
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Half a Willies!
Another Hampshire mix as for some reason I have a bad reaction to the Pinnacle Male. It definitely lowered the hot semi allergic reaction. It definitely lowered the heat. It’s a real shame as it smells amazing and I’ve not had a bad reaction with my other Pinnacle soap but I will try and persist as the smell is just amazing. The Edwin Jagger was my first brush and though it can be a bit lather hungry always gives a great massaging face and bowl lather. The Leaf Twig proved to me again to be amazing even when I was in a rush, it just handles anything I throw at it without any fuss. Another great shave.

Attachments

• 40C455DC-CAE3-4644-BE0C-9D240DD6A4E4.jpeg
    40C455DC-CAE3-4644-BE0C-9D240DD6A4E4.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 6
Thursday 13th May

Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (4)
Post - Tabac Aftershave

My first use of the Yaqi AC razor.
No visible or detectable blade alignment issues which some users have reported.
WTG, it was apparent that this is an assertive shaver - it's at the limit of my comfort zone, and audible feedback was quite apparent, and very little growth was left.
Second pass, ATG , was a very smooth experience.
I chose Tabac soap for this maiden shave because I trust it's performance, and it didn't let me down.
No blood was shed, and I was rewarded with a BBS face fondling finish.
I'm pleased I bought this inexpensive razor and look forward to using it for my next few shaves, and trying different blades with it.

Thursday 13th May

My first use of the Yaqi AC razor.
No visible or detectable blade alignment issues which some users have reported.
WTG, it was apparent that this is an assertive shaver - it's at the limit of my comfort zone, and audible feedback was quite apparent, and very little growth was left.
Second pass, ATG , was a very smooth experience.
I think this is what I particularly liked about it ... I'm on my 5th shave with one now. I liked that is wasn't silky smooth WTG and I liked that I could really feel everything going on. WIth a fresh Feather, it was seethingly sharp and gave a mild sense of danger! I liked that :ROFLMAO:

I believe this batch is what is referred to as the V2 which has addressed the alignment issues seen.

55FC2E51-24E8-46A4-A339-8789F93C936F.jpeg
Pre; hot shower, lather massage, proraso white preshave cream
Brush: yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Soap: tabac
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: feather #1

Yet another tabac Thursday .
Excellent shave - first outing with the feather blades, and I really did enjoy them. Sharp, smooth enough (not as smooth as my favourite platinums - Gillette winner, 7o’clock black and super thins). Effortlessly cutting down all of the hair.
One small weeper and DFS+ result. I’ll take that !

have a good night gentlemen!

Fri 14 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Russian Astra Superior Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Nice cigarish scent from the soap but lather quality was just ok. Slick enough for the task.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good again...reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome, interestingly the witch hazel bayrum scent absolutely overpowers the whiskey woods.
20210514_115236.jpg

186234115_317232399758406_4277091616739295784_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Native Lilac Notes
Brush: 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (4)

This lilac soap has grown on me hugely. Performance is superb and the scent works well with numerous ASLs. There was enough lather produced from a few swirls of the pot for ten passes let alone the three that have given me a DFS finish today. The blade was just starting to glide less smoothly on my neck, so I'll retire it rather than taint my thoughts on what has been an awesome blade. And the classic 4711 guarantees a classy start to the day!

Back
Top Bottom