Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

Mon 16th November

Vitos 404-mixed
Lea Classic Soap
Occams /Oren- No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

This is one of my Razors that guarantees a hassle free Shave with a Top Notch finish. Probably the best Occams Razor that I have and the one I now use for Travel Shaves.Lived up to its reputation today - well pleased.

IMG_1178.jpg

20201116_150122-01.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Muhle Rocca R96
Supermax Super Platinum (1)
Cella Extra Bio Organic
Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser and Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi

I have slowly been getting back into wet shaving and not done a Shave of The Day post for a very long time. Recently I purchased my first tub of soap for 2 years, Cella green tub and I was very surprised how good it is, so much so that I haven't used another soap since I received it.

With Christmas coming up I decided to ask Santa for a new razor or two, my daily drivers being a Rockwell 6S and Merkur 34C. I asked for a Muhle Rocca R96 and Fatip SE, I previously used these in the past with indifferent thoughts. The Rocca (V1 or V2) I hated and found it terrible but with the version now being V4 I thought why not try it. It was a toss up between that and an Edwin Jagger 3One6.

It arrived today and seeing as I haven't shaved for a day or two I couldn't resist sneaking it out for a test. Wow, I am gobsmacked, the difference is night and day. Considering how much I hated the V2 version it was love at first stroke. Felt very comfortable and smooth all the way through a typical three pass shave. I have to honestly say that I had the shave of my life today, closest, smoothest shave I have had in a long time, maybe ever.

The razor paired excellently with the Supermax Super Platinum blade, a very good blade for me. The soap was excellent and made a lovely, protective lather, as good as it's tallow sibling. Finished off with some Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser (very good product although aimed at children, excellent for those with sensitive skin or complaints). Topped off with one of my favourite EDTs.

It is always a risk buying a pricey razor especially one previously hated and despised but I am glad I did and I can't wait for the 25th December to give it a second outing! It even inspired me to do a SoTD post! It does make me think what razors I didn't take to that might now be favourites. Fatip up next in the New Year.

Monday AM 2020-11-16
National Fast Food Day
4REFaxu.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Dusy Kabinett shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
1LLI13K.jpg

Monday Morning Shave
Pre
- Shower using Outdoor Soap Co Lavender and Litsea soap. Hands down the best exfoliating and skin moisturising soap I have used!
Cream - Geo F Trumper Eucris
Brush - Yaqi 24 Aluminium
Razor - Schick
Blade - Schick Injector 3rd use
Post - Alcolada Glacial Mentholated Splash

A BBS from two passes and a little light clean up on the neck. The mentholated splash was incredible! Certainly woke the face up for the day! 34F3F39B-A418-4120-A517-72801125CAAE.jpeg

Good evening everyone. Hope you're all well.

Brush- Maseto 24mm 2 Band Badger
Soap- Signature Soaps Condate
Razor- Gillette Fatboy (5)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Green #2
Post- Alum Block
Splash- L'Oreal Men's Expert

A couple of weepers this evening with my second try of this razor.
Ive just realised that I didn't dial down to a milder setting after my first pass and now I've a little bit of irritation around my neck.
You learn by your mistakes.

Stay safe everyone.

Tue 17th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor EJ DE89L
Blade Kai 2nd (Re-used after last bad experience & was suprised)
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Took abit of time but the lather from the soap was great! Nice scent and slick... brush is nicely soft...
Shave with evergreen razor paired with this blade that failed me on 1st use with the GC.84 turns out to be a suprised! Much more sharpish, smoother and comfortable. No tugging nor skipping. What a revelation indeed!! Did an enjoyable 3+1passes for between bbs to dfs/ccs. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 9.7
Side note: One thing I learned from shaving is not to give up on any gears easily, either soft or hardware...hahaha. I am still suprised though...
20201116_212519.jpg
20201117_073303.jpg

Date:- 17 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Back
Top Bottom