Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

Sunday AM 2020-11-15
National Recycling Day
9L3MyA4.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Personna 74 Tungsten (11)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)
tAkXmZ7.jpg

15/11/20

Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Pro Super (4)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 2B
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Pre: Rasozero Agrumella
ASL: Signature Soaps Hibernia
ASB: LEA

IMG_20201115_180850.jpg

An excellent lather from the OSP. The Pro Super and SE1 make a very efficient duo. 2.5 passes for a BBS finish. Not the smoothest shave I've had recently but I'll see how they fair for the next couple of shaves.

SOTD 15 November 2020 :)

Pre-shave: Cold water splash.
Soap: Arko Shaving Stick.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Blackland Tradere - OC.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 3).
Post: Cold water splash - Fonex Vire-X Turkish Lemon Cologne, and Hellenic Aloe Vera Gel.

IMG_1763.jpg

Switched on the radio this morning, and forgot that the Turkish F1 Grand Prix was on; settled down with a coffee to listen; post race I decided to go for a Turkish themed shave.

Arko shaving stick - was not a fan when I first used it, but whilst on holiday in Antalya this year, I managed to get some (although that was difficult - most shops only sold Arko shaving cream in an aerosol). Lovely lather, odd scent, which grows - but great performance, shave and post skin feel.

I was dubious about using the Vire-X as a post shave splash, wit hthe 80% alcohol, I was expecting some feedback as soon as I applied, but no.

The Blackland Tradere, again was excellent - a 2 pass WTG and XTG with no issues to report. However, went for a walk with SWMBO and some redness on the lawline when after we ventured outdoors in the bracing wind an rain, a dab of Origins Fire Fighter, and all was good in the world.

After today's shave, I'm thinking of having a themed shave for each F1 GP - although I think the Bahrain GP in 2 weeks time will be a struggle.

I hope everyone is well,

Chris

Date:- 16 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Lea Classic (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Gillette Rubie #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Mon 16th SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Slant head on RR HD handle
Blade Elios Inoxidable 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Super nice creamy and slick lather!
Shave with this aggressive razor paired with my considered safe blade was an improvement from last use of the slant. Able to do the full 3+1pass without any weepers but did have some minor irritation. Wtg & xtg was ok but atg was skipping. Seems like the head is not able to clamp the blade rigid enough. Result was some dfs but mostly sas. Rating 8.5/10
20201116_100145.jpg

Monday‌ ‌11.16.20 ‌SOTD‌
vE6tXUR.jpg

Chiseled Face Natural Pre-Shave Gel
ATT Calypso S1 Slant / Astra‌ ‌Superior Platinum
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm Synthetic BOSS Knot
Chiseled Face Sherlock Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Sherlock Aftershave Splash
On its first outing, the ATT aluminum slant felt a bit more aggressive than my Fine aluminum slant. I also detected some drag compared to the Fine slant, which is polished. Fortunately the West Coast brush and Chiseled Face Sherlock soap produced a good slick lather, so the end result was a two-pass BBS (WTG and ATG). But I still need a few more shaves with the ATT to really get it dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom