S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 7th - Friday 15th June 2014

Prep : cold water and Proraso Sensitive pre shave
Brush : Muhle Black fibre brush
Soap: Bodyshop macca root cream
Razor : Gillette 7 O'Clock OC on Braveheart handle
Blade: Feather (3)
After : Nivea sensitive post Shave Balm

Nuce smooth 2.5 pass shave today, the second and third shave with the feather have been much smoother but still leave me with a bit of razor burn.

Have a good Thursday

Paul

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: NSS Vanilla (original recipe)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Vulfix 404 Bodger
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Rapira Stainless (1)
After: 4711 AS, Every Man Jack ASB

First outing with my new boar and badger mixed brush. Not yet broken in it has a very strong backbone and dense knot but even for the first time the tips feel pretty soft. Once I've been using this for a while I think it will be a very nice brush.

Oh dear this Rapira Stainless blade did not impress me at all. Even with the Slant it took a few touch ups to catch all the stubble. This could be the least performing blade of my Russian selection pack. You don't often see this blade on SOTDs so I guess it's not too popular. Only managed a DFS which is unusual when I use the slant.

Looks like another sunny day. Enjoy it, folks.

SOTD140612_zps84535a30.jpg

Holiday Shave Day V

Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Cold Water Splash
Grovesnor 404 Mixed
Fitjar Folgefonn Barberkrem
Digress LD
Permasharp Super Stainless #2
4711 ASL
Queen Charlotte Soaps Vostok ASB

Another lovely shave. Permasharp is a happy but slightly surprising to me top performing blade. One more day of the Fitjar then on to my Ingram's tube which has four/five shaves before it is "fini" as they say in France.

All the best,

Jon

Palmolive stick
Vulfix Bodger
Aluminium ball end tech, Polsilver stainless
RSC moisturiser
Green Tonic

Bit of skin stretching delivered BBS from this excellent little razor.

Thursday

Ingrams
NF Tubbt 2
Muhle R89
Sputnik
Proraso AS

That't the last of the Ingrams but I'll certainly be replacing it. A lovely menthol shave this morning.

Thursday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Daiso T Type Dispo Razor (6)
Blade:
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Penhaligon's Douro

The Daiso Dispo's holding up well for an excellent summery shave.

Denim shaving cream
Nivea shaving cream
Long comb new
Lab blue
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Arko extra sensitive balm

Good. Not keen on the denim black smell sadly. May have gone bad as there is May 1999 written inside the cardboard box. Could be manufacturing code or 'best before '. Nivea is good

iBbPkNS.jpg

Aluminium handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Essence of Scotland Highland Bothy Soap
Vie Long Badger/Horse mix
Old Spice AS

My first time using a tech, I think, and it was very smooth. A bit too mild perhaps, but very gentle shaving.

The soap is a recent purchase and smells really nice and earthy, with the hint of whisky and smoke. The lather seemed to require a fair bit of work, but I'll need to use it more often to get used to it.

Cold water splash
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M1 Atlas
Voskhod (1)
Floïd Balsamo Depobarba

Refreshing shave with light menthol cooling from Proraso Green. Ready for the World Cup!

Thursday 06-12-14. MUSIC: Blondie - Atomic - The Very Best Of Blondie.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZM6UeOLJ4Q[/video]

94249e31-c08e-4e00-95e7-7f521cccc87f_zpsfbe33813.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep extra silvertip badger 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Gillette 7 O'clock #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Weleda - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

SOTD%25202014.jpg

T&H No.10 Cleansing Scrub
NSS Ice & Slice (OO)
Kent Silvertex Infinity
GEM Damaskeene - GEM Blue Star [2]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Aqua Velva Classic

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

I am really getting the hang of face lathering with this synthetic now. Initially, I found it far to "flinging" for me compared to the badger. Now, I'm finding I can gauge the wetness just right and face lathering with a softy like this is just lovely.

You might notice this is a different GEM Damaskeene from last night. This one is quite late, perhaps even beyond the 1919 merger with American Safety Razor Co. since it is no longer a "Use only with ..." advertiser, but simply (from the cutout) GEM Damaskeene Blades ... and carries the self same handle of the slightly later GEM New DeLuxe.

Another smashing shave ...

Hard to tell just how cooling the Aqua Velva is after a face-freezer like NSS Ice & Slice, but it is very welcome - much like Brut in terms of scent, more burn to my skin, more cooling and all round just really classic.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded butterscotch Simpsons best
'Webly'/Filomatic Titano (NOS...thanks crazy Spanish guy)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

First time trying this extinct blade from Spain, sent by some snake oil salesman. I tried a different Filomatic blade (Superchromo) recently and it was good. The Titano though was pretty interesting.

From the first WTG stroke, I knew this was a nice blade. Very smooth and comfortable, with zero whisker whacking resisting going on. Tamed the hell outta them thangs!!

I do the old water rinse when done and put on the aftershave and done deal. Nice and comfortable close shave.

Bout half an hour later I look in the rear view mirror at my reflection and see maybe 4-5 little red spots on my neck. Even one under my chin.......sheesh. Didn't feel em happening. I may have to pay more attention to detail my next shave. I can't remember the last time that happened if ever. Well, the Good Doctor will have his little jokes on occasion.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom