Good morning boys.

sotd_07Jun_zps7253e0db.jpg

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse & Prep cream
Cream: GFT Coconut
Brush: Semogue OC 2 band
Razor: Joseph Allen 5/8 'Our finest make'
EDT: Caron Pour Un Homme EDT

Nice relaxing Satder morning shave. I do enjoy using a straight, it has to be said.

Stirling Black Ice Soap
Semogue 1305
Futur
Shark Blade
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue A/S

Second of my seven Stirling samples today. Black Ice soap has a great Liquorice sort of smell along with a heavy dose of menthol. Finished off with the AV for extra cold factor. Great shave!

Happy birthday Burgundy.

Kent Infinity Silvertex
Palmolive stick in a bowl
Merkur 45
Racer stainless
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Music: the Chain, Fleetwood Mac.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

ebony Sir Brian made brush
Schick M type adjustable injector/Gillette Twinjector (NOS)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (vintage juice)

Normally I don't use the M type anymore, but I wanted to revisit the twin blade set up and was spooked about that blade not fitting right in my go to razor, an old 1941 F type.

Nice old blade on the sharp yet forgiving side. Not any sharper than a few other top blades I've tried, which is fine. Man, nothing does the job on my neck like the injector can do.

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
Normally I don't use the M type anymore, but I wanted to revisit the twin blade set up and was spooked about that blade not fitting right in my go to razor, an old 1941 F type.

Nice old blade on the sharp yet forgiving side. Not any sharper than a few other top blades I've tried, which is fine. Man, nothing does the job on my neck like the injector can do.

Is that nasty F-type not playing Mart?

Right (and it's the least I can do), send it over here and I'll look after it for you.

While you're at it, and to save hassle, you may as well chuck in the Kirby.

No, don't thank me, it's what friends are for.

Burgundy said:
Birthday shave!
Happy birthday!

Saturday shave (no rush)
Pre: Proraso green pre-shave
Soap: Stirling "Gin & Tonic"
Brush: M&F L7 Butterscotch 2-band
Razor 1: J.A. Henckels "415" (Father's razor)
Razor 2: Cobra Classic. Blade: Feather ProGuard (3)
Post: Thayer's Lemon witch hazel, followed by Myrsol emulsion balm

I skipped my Saturday hot-towel prep and my skin hates me for it. Yikes! :(
IMG_20140607_140512.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
Is that nasty F-type not playing Mart?

Right (and it's the least I can do), send it over here and I'll look after it for you.

While you're at it, and to save hassle, you may as well chuck in the Kirby.

No, don't thank me, it's what friends are for.

Thank you for your continuing support, even though being friends with a Yanker makes you almost an outcast here. I appreciate the opportunity to........ok, enough of that crap.

Send you the Kirby as well? Hmmm, that's not what I was expecting to hear from you.

The real old injectors supposedly are NOT set up for the twin blades and this F type is a old hybrid on top of that. No reason to take a chance, so I went with my second best razor. Second being not first...as in after the #1 favorite. It means it's not THE BEST razor, but still good. We clear on that?

No, the F type is THE BEST. I know you're kidding about trying one, because you already have enough monkeys being constantly juggled. So I won't mention again what a TREMENDOUS shave this beautiful piece of vintage aluminum shaving crap gives me.

I can be a buddy too,

Mart

Oh, in keeping with the buddiness, I will also not mention what a great shave the KIRBY provides. Much better than those cheesy Aristos you seem to like.

Tell you the truth Paul, they are the best razors I have ever tried. You should not die before trying them both!!!!

Now that's being the bestest helper buddy.

Saturday 7th June

SOTD7614_zpsd59cb920.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Cold River Soap Works Classic No2 bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Aristocrat 16 Gold
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Myrsol Formula K aftershave

Hot splash
Progress (3,2,1)
King Super Stainless, then Gillette SB
FS Silvertip
Arko Cool cream face lathered.
Alum
Arko Ice Mint ASB
Body Shop Arber EDT

This is my finest shave to date. Started badly though with the King blade, just couldn't take down 3 days growth, leaving patches everywhere. Swapped in the GSB and what a difference. This is as close to BBS that I think I can get without weepers/burn
Brilliant!!

Back
Top Bottom