S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 7th - Friday 13th December 2013, incl.

Thursday

EJ DE89L & Sputnik
Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-band Finest
GFT Coconut Soap
Blue Stratos AS
Astral
Givenchy Xeryus EdT

Friday

English Gillette Red Tip Superspeed & Sputnik
Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-band Finest
Ingrams
Boot's Freshwood AS
Astral
Givenchy Xeryus EdT

Both excellent shaves but was especially pleased at getting the Red Tip dialled in. I'm becoming addicted to this brush as the 2-band knot has softened up a little, offering the backbone of boar with the face feel of good badger. Great value knots!

These Sputniks just seem to excel no matter what razor I put them in, really sharp but equally smooth so near perfect for me. A big thanks to Helveticum for introducing them to me and sending me a 5-pack earlier in the year. :D

Thanks also to Martin of dodgy fame for the Xeryus sample. He's sent me so many things since I joined but I think this must've got lost in the cupboard so yesterday's chance re-discovery was even more welcome. I really rather like this juice.

Tuesday 12-12-13. MUSIC: The Very Best Of Ray Charles.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA3uTcvlw00[/video]

Afeitado_2013-12-123_zps96dd2d1a.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 1 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Israeli Personna #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Woods of Windsor - Alum block- Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Thursday 12th December

SOTD121213_zpsbdda97bc.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Sterling Smart Dressed Man scuttle lathered
Simpson Milk Churn best badger brush
Gillette 1948-50 Aristocrat
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice sensitive aftershave

A lovely pleasant shave today. The Sterling making a slick and very moisturising lather, it takes a bit of work but the results are excellent. Enjoying the scent from the 20yr old Old Spice still as strong as new.

Cold water splash
Klar Kabinett
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Myrsol Emulsion

I'm loving Myrsol Emulsion as post-shave. It leaves your skin feeling super-smooth, but isn't greasy in the least and has a lovely barbershop scent to boot. Highly recommended!

Hot Shower.. (do we need to say hot?)
Bulldog Face Wash
New Muhle Black Jet R89 Razor thingy
Astra Blade
Simpons Commodore X3L Best
Nanny's Ice & Slice
Muhle Sandalwood ASB

Smooth.. liking that Ice & Slice stuff.. gotta work it in the bowl though.

Fume shaving soap
Schick M adjustable on 2, 1.5 with Gillette Platinum Plus (3)
Turkish no. 6
M and S Woodspice a/s

Very good indeed. Three shaves in and this blade still super-sharp and smooth

Thursday early evening

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Dorco (3)
Brush: Duke 3in Best Badger
Soap: Klar Kabinett (bowl lathered)
A/S Balm: 4711
EDT: Eucris

Having used the Klar since receiving it, face lathered, I gave it a run in the bowl with the trusty Duke. That stuff lathers well indeed! Got it all over my hands, bowl and brush handle... Couldn't hold on to any of them! slippy and slick, and last for 3 passes with touch ups easily.....

Along with the newly acquired Cobra, close, comfortable, easy blood free shaves are the norm this last 10 days. Loving the shaves, but missing a bit of the challenge!

May have to give a more temperamental razor a go soon, something that bites back if I take it for granted maybe.......

Found what I wanted, now, do I want I? :)

If you fancy a short duration swap of the Cobra for a Wilkinson Sword Empire, I can snip a fresh spined GEM blade up for you to get started with ... it's a Steampunk razor! Not as smooth as a Valet, but a good with the grain shaver. If you grab one off eBay, give me a shout for a modern blade. I'm fast finding that I really like these proper old single edge razors.

Good call on the Eucris, especially after 4711 which always smells like sick to me ... in a good way, which I really struggle to explain the delight :D

Back
Top Bottom