Greetings

Friday 25th July 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8ths
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerutti 1881

My best straight shave so far, my confidence in moving the razor around my face is growing with each shave, in fact it is growing in leaps and bounds it's a real pity my ability is not growing at the same pace!

My face felt far less scraped following this shave I believe this is due to presenting the razor to my face at the correct angle for at least most of the shave.

Mr Mole did take another hit but it was only a minor one. I made my lather today consciously wetter and that seemed to help a bit. All points considered I am very happy with my progress so far.

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0537.JPG

Friday xxv July, 2014

Prep: Korres Wheat Face Bar
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Kent V25 Pure Badger
Soap: Musgo Real Lime Basil
Razor: Ever Ready Little Lather Catcher
Blade: Treet Super SE #1
Post: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Trumpers Extract of Limes Skin Food

2afed43c-3288-4be7-853c-b6cbe6cd8e8a_zps95c573b1.jpg

Result: New blade makes all the difference! I'd used the previous Treet for 5 shaves and it was noticeably less smooth and far less comfortable day by day. So for the final shave of my Single Edge week I popped in a new one. The difference was marked and I got a very nice 2 pass shave with the Ever Ready (I'm not sure of the model but I think it pre-dates the 1912).

Back to modern times tomorrow!

All the best, guys

Jon

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxLsJjOEw4[/video]

Lush Aqua Marina
Trumpers Limes Skin Food
M de C
Semogue Limited Edition 2011 Badger 1
Merkur 34G
Weber SI
Truefitt Grafton AS
Thayers Lavender
Kiehl's Ultimate Men's After Shave Balm & Moisturizer (said it before and I'll say it again - this stuff really is excellent! Makes your face feel BBS, even if your shave wasn't exactly 100%!).
Lush Vanishing Cream
Truefitt Grafton Cologne

Pre: hot soap wash
Brush: soc boar
Soap: la toja
Razor: gillette tech triangle hole version with custom templ8 handle
Blade: supermax blue diamond

Friday, July 25th, 2014

Friday, July 25th, 2014

174030d1406289238-sun-july-20th-sat-july-26th-sotd-25072014.jpg

Thiers Issard Spartacus 889, 5/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

• Pre-shave: Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave Oil
  • Soap: Arko Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Wilkinson Bristle Brush
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Thiers Issard Spartacus 889, 5/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum After Shave

pjgh said:
IMG_6446.JPG

Refreshing last night's Durham T-Type shave, much enjoyed.

Hi Paul - can you wise me up a little on two points, please. What is the big green thing on the right of your photo - and if it's not green, just the big thing on the right. Looks like it's out of a sci-fi movie and should have an eye on it's left hand protrusion. A process of elimination does not enlighten me.

And second - what is a Durham T-Type shave, please? Is there such a thing as a Leicester T-Type shave, say, or are they peculiar to Durham? As it needed "refreshing" this morning, I'm guessing they are not very close shaves. A bit useless, in fact, albeit enjoyable. Are women involved necessarily?

Friday 25th July

SOTD25714_zps235180c1.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Queen Charlotte Iced Key Lime bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable G3 1961 set on 5
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
TOBS No74 Victorian Lime aftershave

Bechet45 said:
Hi Paul - can you wise me up a little on two points, please. What is the big green thing on the right of your photo - and if it's not green, just the big thing on the right. Looks like it's out of a sci-fi movie and should have an eye on it's left hand protrusion. A process of elimination does not enlighten me.

He's a little fat caricature black cat ornament. I was feeling wistful ...

Bechet45 said:
And second - what is a Durham T-Type shave, please? Is there such a thing as a Leicester T-Type shave, say, or are they peculiar to Durham? As it needed "refreshing" this morning, I'm guessing they are not very close shaves. A bit useless, in fact, albeit enjoyable. Are women involved necessarily?

IMG_6440.JPG

The razor - it's a Durham Duplex company "T-Type" (or 201, if you want the model code):

durham10.jpg

Friday

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Green Gillette (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Ingram
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Czech & Speake Neroli

pjgh said:
He's a little fat caricature black cat ornament. I was feeling wistful ...

The razor - it's a Durham Duplex company "T-Type" (or 201, if you want the model code):

Ah! I see it all now! Forgive me, Paul - I hadn't read the remembrance on your photo. And thanks for the education - I believe I'd seen your Type 'T' before but hadn't worked out it's location in the photo. Now - it's plain as day!

IMG_6450.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Mystery Soap No.7
Kent Infinity Silvertex
GEM Contour II - GEM Stainless Coated [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Alt Innsbruck Cologne

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

I only wanted or needed a single pass, but it was very welcome in this lovely summer we're having. I went with a mild razor, nevertheless capable.

Rinsed off, I dropped my alum! Disaster! Smash! Retrieving the largest piece, washing it, I was able to use it ... and then crumbled the rest into some witch hazel and peppermint essence I have in a little bottle. That's good.

Enjoyed!

This morning shave:

Pre: Face wash and warm flannel
Razor: Gillette Superspeed
Blade: Feather
Cream: Ingram
Brush: NF Tubby 1

Lovely razor (thanks Slick), nice easy 2 pass shave and smooth as.

Back
Top Bottom