S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd August 2013

muhle r89
7 o'clock yellow
muhle silvertip fibre
stirling scots pine shave soap
clubman classic vanilla AS

a decent enough, unnecessary, quickie. still trying to get my head around the scent of this soap, a good performer but i may start using one of the other scents ive got by stirling.

Saturday:

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Rimei with EJ DE89 handle
Blade: Super Max SS (1)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Sage and Jasmin
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Pierre Cardin pour Homme

Excellent shave. I liked the slightly heavier feel to the shave that the EJ handle on the Rimei head gave. The shave itself was comfortable, irritation-free, and an accidental BBS.

I'm using your template Rob :D

-----------------

Prep: DR Harris Soap, Somersets shave oil and then Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Vulfix 6000
Shave soap: Geo F Trumper Coconut puck
A/S: Alcolado Glacial
Cologne: Penhaligons Sartorial

56aeb0ca-81bc-40bd-b2d7-4021a31a4df7_zps95fa77da.jpg

Gillette Toggle
Vintage Eversharp blade
Butterscotch Beehive Finest
T&H Limes
L'oreal post shave
Thayers A/S

3rd shave in with the Toggle and im really impressed with it and apart from a tiny weeper around an old scar 2 passes and results are fantastic...

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Just finished my 4th week of daily DE shaving, today was the day I finally got that angle and pressure absolutely perfect - my first perfect, baby smooth shave. Great start to a beautiful warm sunny Sunday.

After about a 3 day growth, I did a 3 pass to start my day - WTG, XTG (ear to nose), normally I would do another XTG nose to ear, but decided to ATG today, and as something different I reapplied the Proraso before the 3rd pass.

Prep: Hot shower, rinse, Proraso Pre Shave Green
Razor: Merkur 33c
Blade: Brand new Feather
Brush: Vulfix 1000A
Shave soap: ToBS Jermyn St for Sensitive Skin
A/S: Warm rinse, Cold rinse and Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

Cheers!

Greetings

Sunday 18th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A gentle but close shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04548.JPG

Sunday:

Ingram's cream
NF Tubby 2
Wilkinson Sword Empire SE razor
Wilkinson Sword blade
Barbershop Bay Rum

This morning I thought I'd give the Wilkinson Sword Empire a go. I bought it ages ago for about £5. It came in a set with the strop in good condition and even better had three of the original blades still sealed in their wax paper.

I got one of the blades out and gave it a good few goes on the strop, took a deep breath and went for the shave. The shave felt a little tuggy, certainly not as smooth as some modern blades but what can you expect, the blade must be nearly 80 years old. Overall it was a nice smooth shave, no nicks, no weepers.

I'm really glad I gave it a go. Plus it allows me to have a 100% English shave (except for the knot in the brush).

SOTD18-08-13_zps3c01ff02.jpg

Sunday morning thought I would give the recently much neglected EJ 89 a spin.
Hot shower
EJ 89
Winn Dixie blade (3)
German Silver tip
Pecksniff's ASB.

As I have posted my go to has been my 37c Barberpole of late but just for a change this morning I used the above set up. Result a BBS. I feel that the EJ just needs a little more weight in the handle (Soon to be remedied see other posts) The head is a fine piece of craftsmanship and being a big chunky guy the EJ 89 is just a little too light for me, other that that it's hard to fault.

Sunday 08-18-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Earthling (1997).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLdEgI4O_8[/video]

fc164b11-9bbe-4afe-ac3b-d08aafcb5590.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Sunday

Gillette face wash
Prep pre shave
Kent BK2 brush
Proraso cream
Gillette aristocrat #66
Sputnik blade (2)
Alum and witch hazel gel
Blue stratos after shave

Nice result blade got a little tubby towards the end not sure if its got a third shave in it!

Back
Top Bottom