KOS face wash
Proraso pre shave
Semogue 1305 Boar
Proraso Soap
Feather AC SS
Pro-guard
Witch hazel
Acqua Di Palma after shave

Quite a good shave with just 2 passes, but this time I went WTG then ATG, result was a very close shave but my neck felt very tender and raw for some time after. I know that I got the angle wrong on several occasions, although I didn't nick myself or cause any weepers. Shave number 11 from this blade, excellent longevity.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1956 Red Tip/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

Last few days shaves have been with the Red Tip. I wanted to revisit this razor after not using one for years. I'm not a big superspeed fan and this one was nothing special to me. I know my opinion's in the minority here for sure, but i just don't think superspeeds shave as well as some other DE razors I've tried. Plus, none of em feel especially good in my hand.

Yesterday I used an old Wilkinson and today it was a vintage Schick favorite of mine and the Schick was better. The Red Tip isn't an aggressive razor and can have a nicer plating on em than many other models. Yeah, sometimes the doors just gleam.

Anyway, I was glad to get a handle on this thing once more. I think my opinion stayed pretty much the same from the last time.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 18th August

SOTD18813_zpsbe699df6.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson 59 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's British NEW long comb
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

An easy comfortable shave, the NEW razors are efficient and easy to use. A very nice result today :icon_smile:

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 10219, Cella
ATT Atlas M1, Polsilver SI (1)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

The Atlas M1 is on my "endangered species" list... but I thought I'd give it another try. Nothing wrong with it today.. in fact feeling very smooth and fresh. Might try best of three!

The Omega is my plastic-handled one... not the wooden-handled 11137 I've been breaking in... there is just something incredibly right about this little brush, it was the bargain of the century.

I know I said no update until the 1 month stage but ...

The C.O. has told me in very clear terms that the beard has to go. She's happy enough for me to sport a Goatee / Soul Patch / Handlebar but the full set is a definite no-no.

My youngest has told me the beard has to stay - but I should at least tidy up my neck.

My considered, rational approach to this was to stick my fingers in my ears and go "la la la, I'm not listening" - I've even stopped shaving my 'ead.

I fear a night or two in the 'huffy bed' for Vincenzo.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MdC
Brush: Grosvenor handle w/ TGN 2-band badger knot
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum/Indian (1)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Late afternoon shave today as have a meeting early tomorrow and won't feel like rushing.

Gillette Sensor (5)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Palmolive stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Mucking along happily with the 'carry on' travel kit. Spotted some Boc Metals in a supermarket in Corfu town but nothing else of shaving interest: various Noxzema at good prices has been the best of the bunch but still passed on.

Burgundy said:
Spotted some Boc Metals in a supermarket in Corfu town

Heh, many years ago I was traveling with some other people and we stopped on Corfu for a few days. I think we were going to Crete.

Place we stayed at (small hotel) had walls that leaned at odd angles...stairs were cocked too. Little bit like a funhouse, but just a little.

So we needed to be at the boat early one morning and the woman who owned the place told me that when the time was close, she would "Knock on the door with my mother". Now that was thoughful.

A nice shave - got to say I don't like the feel of the Ikon head really - just not me - but as shaves go it was a DFS. The Bay Rum's a new addition to the pack from CelticRoots and made do the "Woo" face nicely!

Prep Hot towel for a couple of minutes
Pre SheaByNature Oil
Cream Cella
Brush Rubberset 400 Boar
Razor Ikon Head on a Shavecraft Handle
Blade Sputnik (1)
Post Benjamin's Bay Rum / Nivea Menthol Balm

Have a good week everyone

Ratty

Attachments

• IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 24
dodgy said:
Burgundy said:
Spotted some Boc Metals in a supermarket in Corfu town

Heh, many years ago I was traveling with some other people and we stopped on Corfu for a few days. I think we were going to Crete.

Place we stayed at (small hotel) had walls that leaned at odd angles...stairs were cocked too. Little bit like a funhouse, but just a little.

So we needed to be at the boat early one morning and the woman who owned the place told me that when the time was close, she would "Knock on the door with my mother". Now that was thoughful.
That sounds somewhat familiar! I've been to Corfu before many years ago with my parents but stayed down near Kavos - they were dirt poor at the time and booked a last minute deal through Teletext. We were similarly disorganised this year and finally booked flights and accommodation four days before we left. Better circumstances this time - we're in the north west at a resort called Paleokastrista but have armed ourselves with a moped so as to escape the swarms of day trippers to go exploring. Paleo is nice though - the usual tourist taverna fare but nice (if packed) beaches, caves etc with a mountainous backdrop. Good fun, really.

Anyway, must dash. The girlfriend would be almost as cross if we were late for dinner as if I brought back a pretty young Greek girl (and her mother) - you villain, you!

Sunday

Warm bath & 3p cream
Trumpers Eucris cream sample (soap of the week)
Tubby 2
Gem Clog Pruf
Gem blade(2)
Witch hazel
Eucris cologne to finish off

This week I will be running through some Trumpers samples. The Eucris was a little dried out so spent a while trying to get the brush to work a couple of lumps of soap off my face end result good lather and the scent stays with you for a while after the shave. May have to pick up a bottle of the cologne one day.

Razor: Filarmonica #14 SubCero
Brush: Neep Zebra
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
ASB: D&G Sport
EDT: Boss Soul

Good friend of mine went to London a cpl of weeks ago and suprised me with the GFT Spanish Leather. Very nice,warm and spicy notes, Really enjoy using it :) only negative is that thay stil havent made this one on 150/200g Jar.

DSC01230_zps0686cfab.jpg

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic - Dorco Blade
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Martin de Candre Fougère
Proraso Green A/S

Luscious :icon_cool:

Sunday:

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Rimei with EJ DE89 handle
Blade: Super Max SS (2)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Avate - the Perfume Parlour version of Aventus

A good and easy shave that gave me another BBS. My face is still pretty smooth at the time of writing. The Avate, which I ordered in a four-pack of 13ml travel sprays, smells really nice and lasts a good while. I've never smelt Creed's Aventus but the pineapple that everyone notes came through clearly woven in with fresh, floral notes - the scent works very well as a warm-weather application.

Off to monkey world in Dorset this morning, 3 hour journey from here so a very early shave. I decided that it would be unwise to use the SE given the need for a quick and efficient shave.

Brush: Semogue 830
Cream: TOBS Rose- suribachi lathered
Razor: EJ89 Barley
Blade: Polsilver Stainless

A nice shave, not perfect but certainly not the worst. A lot easier under the nose than the 1912! Hehe.

Monkey World was very good, if anyone is considering going I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom