S.O.T.D. w/c Sat. 28th Dec. 2013 - Friday 3rd January 2014, incl.

Friday

Nanny's Down Home Summer
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech
Aristocrat Junior
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

I decided that the sensible thing to do this morning was to have an extra hour in bed! Needless to say it messed with my morning routine a bit, still two very quick passes and I was done. From bed to out the door in 20 minutes. I'm at work now and I'm still not sure I'm fully awake, shave was nice though.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: TFS Crema Purissima per Barba alla Mandorla - Ciotola Rossa
Brush: Simpson Persian Jar PJ3 in Super
Razor: British Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
AS: Floid Vigoroso

image.php

Friday 3rd.

Hot towel
'le Tuft' Custom with Super Silvertip
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood Soap
EJ DE87 with Gillette Super thin Platinum
Nivea post shave replenishing balm
Floris JF

A two day growth (Golf yesterday so no shave) and the face feels fresh and alive again.
Lovely!:icon_razz:
Regards, beejay

Razor: MÜHLE R89 Jet.
Pre: T&H Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil.
Blade: Vintage British Perma-Sharp (3).
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 2, best.
Cream: T&H 1805.
Aftershave: Barbershop Bay Rum.
Aftershave balm: T&H 1805.
EdT: Undecided.

[attachment=9222]

Good morning. I tried something different today, I after my shower I popped on the pre-shave oil and went for my morning espresso as recommended by Bechet45 in another thread. I can't say if it made much difference but I enjoyed the the citrusy scent with the coffee. The shave was excellent, I am liking T&H more and more, apart from a few sample EdTs I used all my T&H products.
I not sure which EdT to go for today, we're having an extended family get together this afternoon to celebrate my Gran's 90th today, I'll decide nearer the time.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom coffee handle
Razor: Cowboy
Soap: La Toja, Mantalies
AS; Myrsol, Limon
Strops: Niel Miller
Result: UBerclean :D

I really like this razor and I was kind of surprised when I was told many think it's not a good one ... This one is good though, in my book :D

Semogue 830
D.R. Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Personna Lab
Weleda After Shave Balm
D.R. Harris Marlborough Cologne

Friday 01-03-14. MUSIC: Led Zeppelin - Best of.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAIPfC1cX4[/video]

cb605839-fcf6-4026-96c7-d9b8055e1c2d_zps6a6618ae.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 2 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumper's Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Korres - ASL Opaline.

Friday afternoon

Prep: Hot Shower

Brush: SoC Boar

Blade: GSB (1)

Razor: ATT R2 on Weber Bulldog

Cream/Soap: MWF

Aftershave: Pitralon Swiss

EDT: Prada Amber

First time with ATT R2. Felt the M1 I borrowed was to mild, and the R2 was good but not for every day as it was ever so slightly irritating.

Having read reviews here and elsewhere, I bought an R1 and top plate pre owned, and an R2 plate also pre owned. I already have an Atlas handle from a previous trade.

The R2 (so far) feels to be an in-between plate, more aggressive than an M1, more comfortable than an R1.

I feel an extended trial is needed (good DFS) today. So far so good!

Thanks to the Gentlemen who sold me the items mentioned, and Al-H for his enabling prowess!

Friday afternoon

First time with ATT R2. Felt the M1 I borrowed was to mild, and the R2 was good but not for every day as it was ever so slightly irritating.

Having read reviews here and elsewhere, I bought an R1 and top plate pre owned, and an R2 plate also pre owned. I already have an Atlas handle from a previous trade.

The R2 (so far) feels to be an in-between plate, more aggressive than an M1, more comfortable than an R1.

Thanks to the Gentlemen who sold me the items mentioned, and Al-H for his enabling prowess!

Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon

Friday 3rd January

SOTD3114_zpseacbbd4a.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
T&H Grafton cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger
Gillette NEW long comb
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A lovely shave enjoying the scent of the Grafton cream. Myrsol aftershave is very good and the menthol brings cooling afterwards.

Cold water splash
D.R. Harris Windsor
Golden Nib 2-band badger knot / Vulfix Grosvenor handle
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Super Iridium (3)
Weleda ASB
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Absolutely no complaints :)

Back
Top Bottom