S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

Omega 49er
Blue's soap(thanks Blademonkey)
Feather artist ss aka the bloodletter
Lucky tiger AS

I guess I am getting the hang of the feather now, only a slight nick, I am still not getting as close a shave in the difficult to reach places, I do try but eventually have to use a DE razor, wife says I am very trying, and just because they call them cut throats razors, you don't have to cut your throat every time you use it, what does she know women pah.

The soap was pretty good, it's the first time I have used a hard soap, and it worked well with the 49er, the container lets it down though, it would be better if I had a nice pot to put it in.

20161013_SOTDSGraphNov_zpsbgnytjnj.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (7)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Bloom, @phoenixandbeau Albion, R41, Derby Blade, Argan oil and Witch Hazel, Pinaud Clubman

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Albion? Anyway I also love the R41, treat it with the respect it deserves and it pays you back in spades! Great shave, no need for alum today. Tried using 100% Argan oil as a post shave rather than pre, certainly gets rid of the dry dandruff skin I get under the chin after using the rake. A bit of Clubman for fun after. Face doesn't feel oily, Argan just soaked right in.

Its Thursday my special ones, enjoy it and the pleasures it brings forth!

SOTD: 13th October 2016.
Thursday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/ Cien (green Kick) shower gel & shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Razor:Merkur R89 .

Blade:Voskhod . (1)

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Soap:Cella + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Groomed Post Shave Balm.

A/S :Barbon Menthol.

Today was the first try with the recently purchased Cella soap/croap..the verdict?..absolutely superb!;) i gave it a bloom with some hot water, and it's slickness performance, & protection are brilliant..the scent i like, it reminds me of almond slices.which are great favourite of mine..another 3 pass+pick up's silky smooth shave with no errors to report..finished off with a good splash of Barbon menthol Aftershave.i'm ready for thursday's offerings.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Greetings

Wednesday 12th October 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Treet Durasharp Carbon
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

I turned out my shaving misc. and junk drawer yesterday and found this lurking in the back, now I remember why I put it there, it's not the greatest shaver especially with this less sharp blade, my usual three passes and a lot of buffing has still only resulted in a fair shave at best.

Back to razors that I like more tomorrow, it has however been interesting to re-visit my DE's especially the ones I rarely use and it makes me realise why, in general, I prefer vintage SE's.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 21255
I have the WS Classic with an Astra SP standing by as a travel razor. Mrs Scotshave and I are going up to the Isle of Skye next Thurs-Sat, so I'll give it a debut there. I'll probably use my incredibly expensive Palmolive shaving stick and my Omega Mixed Midget to complete the trio. Based on experience, 50p buys you a great little tallow-based soap, with a super lather.

SOTD: 13th October 2016.
View attachment 21259
Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/ Cien (green Kick) shower gel & shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Razor:Merkur R89 .

Blade:Voskhod . (1)

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Soap:Cella + 4 drops of Glycerin in the soap bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture/Groomed Post Shave Balm.

A/S :Barbon Menthol.

Today was the first try with the recently purchased Cella soap/croap..the verdict?..absolutely superb!;) i gave it a bloom with some hot water, and it's slickness performance, & protection are brilliant..the scent i like, it reminds me of almond slices.which are great favourite of mine..another 3 pass+pick up's silky smooth shave with no errors to report..finished off with a good splash of Barbon menthol Aftershave.i'm ready for thursday's offerings.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:
++1 on Cella...does indeed give a silky, smooth performance.

Catie's Bubbles 'LPV'
Wolfwhiskers Ãœbersoft 2
ATT M1 Kronos
Lada SS #1
Myrsol Agua de Balsamica

Two pass shave to remove several days growth, I currently have an arm injury which limits my range of motion making shaving awkward to say the least, makes me realise how arm/hand problems badly affect the ability to shave properly. (Don't fancy a grey beard!)

Back
Top Bottom