Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Green Gillette 7 o' clock (17)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Kell's Hemp and Aloe, Juniper Sage
Aftershave: Gabriela Sabatini, Devotion
Cologne:

My SOTD's are a bit sporadic at the moment because of broadband problems. Still getting very decent shaves with the Gillette blade.

Cleaned up...and used my new Gillette Psycho today.
Great shave!

Razor: Gillette Psycho
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: 3P (my favorite almond scented croap)
A/S: The Veg

2nm1928.jpg

Darkbulb said:
GDCarrington said:
X February MMXV Shave

16310723407_cff5e0abbf_c.jpg

I have the Endurance ASB.
Do you think the soap smells like the original Old Spice?

No. Instead of smelling like Old Spice it smelted like Old Shea Stadium. It was all Shea Butter at first until ...

I scooped out the majority of the soap and mixed in some knockoff Old Spice aftershave and began to mix back in the soap bit by bit. I sealed the container when it was completely full of soap and aftershave with tape. After two weeks I opened it and used it. It finally smelled like Old Spice. The soap performance was always good, but it is a shame to expect one scent as advertised and get a completely different scent.

GDCarrington said:
No. Instead of smelling like Old Spice it smelted like Old Shea Stadium. It was all Shea Butter at first until ...

I scooped out the majority of the soap and mixed in some knockoff Old Spice aftershave and began to mix back in the soap bit by bit. I sealed the container when it was completely full of soap and aftershave with tape. After two weeks I opened it and used it and it finally smelled like Old Spice. The soap performance was always good, but it is a shame to expect one scent as advertised and get a completely different scent. [/b]

I had the same experience with the Endurance ASB - it smelled ok but nothing like what I think I recall original Old Spice to smell like.

Weds 11 February 2015

Neutrogena Soap Bar
Victoria PB Brush
Proraso Green
GEM MM Flying Wing
Gem Coated [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S lotion

MMOC V Other SE [ER & Gem ]
The MMFW is rated as mild,and with a blade on 5 uses provided an irritation free
shave. The Shave itself was more than acceptable for a weekday, and the FW is ideal
for Shaves in the week.

Greetings

Wednesday 11th February 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Golden 500 J3 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Men Active
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerruti 1881

Regards
Dick.

DSC05903.JPG

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Wednesday 11 February 2015

193113d1423652058-sun-february-08th-sat-february-14th-sotd-11022015.jpg

Mastro Livi Ladder Damasteel, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point

Yet another impeccable shave. In my opinion, Damasteel is one of the most aggressive steels used by Mastro Livi for the making of his straight razors, and this is something I generally like. Not to mention the pleasure of Floïd aftershave, in my opinion one of the very best around. I also like the fragrance of "The Genuine" - also known as the amber colored Italian Floïd - not just a smell of old barber shops, but also a smell I consider both elegant and fragrant. Last but not the least, the pleasing almond scent of TFS soap, simply reinforcing the idea of an old Italian barber shop.​

• Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Barbe Rosse
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Ladder Damasteel, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Prep: hot shower
Soap: Palmolive stick
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Merkur classic head on a Braveheart handle
Blade: Polsilver SI

Trying out the new brush at face lathering, everything fell into place and got a superb 3 pass BBS. Great start to the day.

Cheers Paul

Soap : Calani Bay Rum
Brush : Simpsons Classic 2 Best Badger
Razor : Cobra Classic (courtesy of Dharte001)
Blade : Kai Captain Mild
Aftershave : Layrite No.9 Bay Rum

Lovely Shave

Cold water splash
Calani 'Dubai'
M&F 1/2 in Blonde Badger
ATT R1 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
Lalique Hommage à l'Homme EDT

Excellent skincare from Calani soap, one of the best I've come across.

A good and a bad shave today.
Soap: Krampert's Arcadian Bay Rum
Brush: Simpsons Classic 1 Synthetic
Razor: Mongoose with prototype Futur inspired handle
Blade: Feather Pro
Finish: Lucky Tiger After shave tonic

Good:
First use of the Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic – it splays far easier than the Chubby 2 Syn and shares the fantastically soft tips. The handle is a little small but (that's) the price you pay for fitting it inside a small travel tube. Very pleased with it.
The Futur type handle, in lieu of a Bulldog II works very well for me. It moves the center of gravity of the razor into the grip area and stops it feeling head-heavy. Very pleased with the result. Now I just need to make it look better finished, lots of polishing coming up…

Bad:
I'm sensitive to Krampert's Arcadian Bay Rum shaving soap. The smell is outstanding, the lather is slick and easy to create, and it leaves my skin feeling very soft, but 4 hours post shave and I still feel like I'm having a hot flush. I love this soap but can't keep it.

Gutted.

All in all a very close smooth shave that smelt great, but I'm left with a slightly red face.

Back
Top Bottom