S.O.T.D. Saturday 5th April to Friday 11th April 2014

Randomangle said:
Every time I see this razor it's another nudge to buying one. Is the red dot on the top cap put on when it's digressed or is it something you've added?

Chris.

It's a spot of enamel paint I added to ensure I get the cap the right way round, it's just a little easier to see than the standard mark on the head.

Hairsuite has (very generously) got a pass around digress doing the rounds if you wanted to give one a try before pulling the trigger.

Tuesday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Palmolive in a bowl
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Alpa Windsor

Excellent shave.

barlines said:
Randomangle said:
Every time I see this razor it's another nudge to buying one. Is the red dot on the top cap put on when it's digressed or is it something you've added?

Chris.

It's a spot of enamel paint I added to ensure I get the cap the right way round, it's just a little easier to see than the standard mark on the head.

Hairsuite has (very generously) got a pass around digress doing the rounds if you wanted to give one a try before pulling the trigger.

The original mark on the head is quite tiny - more of a scratch. I'm already on the list, thanks!

Late entry for me - today's shave was prior to attending a family funeral.

Merkur 34c HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
NF Tubby1 in super 2 bad
C&E Sandalwood soap
C&E Sienna balm
Chanel Allure cologne.

Nice smooth shave

Bechet45 said:
I think we need a ruling here! It starts with watches as props, maybe a knife but pretty soon there a nude women all over or parts of women supporting razors. So cut to the chase guys, no more watches and knives!
Agree completely.
Except the bit about not having naked ladies.

Professor Blighty's Grapewood shaving soap
Edwin Jagger boar
Gillette long comb New ball end (new acqusition)
Gillette Silver Blue
Scent fro Heaven Mint and Tea Tree gel

Nearly finished my first shaving soap. Well, I've only been using shaving soaps for four years now.
Very happy with the new razor. A lot of brassing but structurally very good and comes in original box (in great condition), blade bank and even the outer cardbioard sleeve (condition average). Not bad for twenty squid and I love the long comb New head more than probably any other.
As Martian would say, it's good to have a backup razor.

fly3k said:
Semogue 1305
T&H Almond cream
Gillette New LC
Polsilver SI (5)
Arko Action AS

Time to retire this blade it done well.
Snap! on the razor choice today. Reckon this is my favourite head design. How was it for you?

9 April 2014 Planned Shave

13727944973_77c1625995_c.jpg

Wednesday morning:

Cadman & Sons Bengall 13/16"
Omega 98
Dimitri's, home made tallow based soap (Levanter)
Steve Woodhead Scuttle
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
L'Occitan by L'Occitane ASB
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Yesterday I touched up my Bengall and today it gave me a clean and comfortable shave. Dimitri's soap is really top quality. Lathers easily and offers suburb post shave protection.

Have a great day!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-2014-04-09-02_zps26ca27ae.jpg

Wednesday

TOBS Sandalwood soap
Semogue 2012 SE
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock Black
Pinaud Vanilla AS

A shave that goes back to my early days of DE shaving. Rarely used TOBS soap and R89, should use them more often really, it's great kit. Three passes and near BBS.

T&H No 10 preshave oil
TOBS super badger brush
EJDE89L
Derby Extra
Trumper limes shaving cream
Trumper limes Aftershave
Wilkinson Hydro ASB

Only my 4th DE shave (2nd with the DE89) and finally getting the hang of it, smooth close shave and no irritation

Headshave ...

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Gillette Fusion ProGlide clear shaving gel

Probably going for a sauna in a bit, I reckon

Wednesday ix April, 2014

Brush: Custom Neep London Plane
Soap: Old Spice Shave Stick
Razor: Braveheart SS head w. Maggard MR3 Handle
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless #1
Fragrance: Roger & Gallet L'Homme

Result: Decided to sub the Otoko for Old Spice stick this morning, and achieved a fine three pass shave. Lovely. Second blade from the Rapira family this week and, for me, the Super Stainless is shaded by the Platinum Lux. Unfortunately I have 200ish SS and only 10 PLs!

Cheers,

Jon

Back
Top Bottom