S.O.T.D. Saturday 5th April to Friday 11th April 2014

Cream - Lush
Brush - Whipped Dog
Razor - Bruno's straight blade
Tidy up razor - Muhle Jet
Men-U gel

Horrible shave tonight. The Lush creams smells nice but it's like shaving with moisturiser, gummed up my brush and then the Jet; then I cut my thumb in process of trying to clear it out. To top things off I noticed a tiny bit of DLC loss under the Jet's top cap! Not my usual relaxing Sunday afternoon shave.

p.b said:
I'm not sure that the Lush cream is supposed to be used with a brush...

It says you can use a brush on the pot but I only used for first pass and then applied with hands. The last pass was the weirdest...it seemed to go even thicker and I couldn't even get it off my hands.

MmBrkO6.jpg

Digress HD B @4
Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
Duke 2 Pure
Old Spice Soap
Superdrug Forest Fresh
Boots "Botanics" Balm

Lovely Sunday shave - the Old Spice is still the king amongst my soaps!

Arko
Simpson Pure Badger
Muhle R41
Gilette Super Thin (1)
Cold rinse, alum and WH
Pinaud Clubman Musk

First time with the Arko. Very impressed. Possibly a bit dry in places but will add a bit more water next time. Had a couple of nicks for the first time in about 6 months but other than that a lovely smooth shave. Shame its spoiled by having to work later.

Sunday Evening

You know those shaves where everything comes together and gives you that perfect shave? Well, I just had one ...

IMG_5523.JPG

Angelic?

Bath
Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream
Best Badger
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated [3]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG& XTG

Rose of Bulgaria is Turkish Delight. Lovely as a cream with superb thick, creamy lather, then again as aftershave.

Once again, the Streamline delivered a lovely shave, the weight leading to a very light shave, swift and efficient. Loved it!

What with the angelic picture above, I also made up one of my usual dark, brooding snaps:

IMG_5517.JPG

Sunday

Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Endymion
Aftershave: M&S Amber
Cologne: L'Air du Desert Marocain

pjgh said:
Sunday Evening

You know those shaves where everything comes together and gives you that perfect shave? Well, I just had one ...

IMG_5523.JPG

Angelic?

Bath
Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream
Best Badger
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless Coated [3]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG& XTG

Rose of Bulgaria is Turkish Delight. Lovely as a cream with superb thick, creamy lather, then again as aftershave.

Once again, the Streamline delivered a lovely shave, the weight leading to a very light shave, swift and efficient. Loved it!

What with the angelic picture above, I also made up one of my usual dark, brooding snaps:

IMG_5517.JPG

rose of bulgaria AS is one of my favourites, its a great aftershave.

gazza said:
As I've just achieved my first truly BSS I believe I am now qualified to take part.

Shower
Olive oil preshave
Alphy&Becks ylang-ylang soap*
Muhle HJM
Merkur Slant and Sputnik blade... thanks to Ian M
Alum washed off with Witch Hazel
Proraso Green...the one product that I will use even if I go back to cartridges.
Alphy&Becks Egyptian Prince Balm...this is very nice, absorbs well and smells lovely.
Eucris EDT...because I'm worth it :)

BTW, does anyone else's bathroom look like an explosion in a soap factory after shaving?

*not sure about this, I may be sensitive to ylang-ylang as there was a little burny sensation, also the lather was full of micro bubbles and died in the bowl. I needed to rescue with Erasmic for passes 3&4.

I find my purtech throws lather around the bathroom, must be a synthetic thing.

To today's shave

Gillette LC New with big bob handle (where is big bob?)
Polsilver SI (4)
Tobs Almond
Simpson X2
Arko Gold Power Aftershave

Smelling good I think I'll push the polsilver for another shave.

Merkur 45
Gillette Platinum S4 (quarter 4 1972) (second shave)
Astra SP
Stirling Barbershop
Lucky Tiger
M&S Autograph balm

Re-used the blade from yesterday and although I had a lot of growth to plough through it was blunt by the end of the first pass. Unusual for this type of blade.
Lucky Tiger - first try of this (thanks Northam Saint). Only my first go but not sure what the fuss is about. Smells like orange Calpol, chucked it on my face and there was no sting but no smell either. Probably evaporated on impact. Will finish the sample but early indications are I would probably have regretted buying a bottle.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Zirh pre-shave oil
Soap: T&H Rose cream
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Weber + Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
After: 4711 AS, Coral skin food

Rose themed shave today. Face lathered the cream and it smells lovely; matches the Coral skin food just right.
Great results except for a little nick.

SOTD20140406_zpsd8c3e421.jpg

Monday vii April, 2014

Brush: Custom Neep London Plane
Soap: Otoko Organics
Razor: Braveheart SS head w. Maggard MR3 Handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux #2

b188a6d0-a890-41f9-b5a5-94dfc4dee031_zps5dd01ce4.jpg

Result: Struggled with the Otoko this morning - disappearing lather but still provided a decent shave even with the soap sliding off my face. Too much water?? Shall I buy another bottle of Pitralon? Really love it as an ASL, but I should use up some of my Myrsol bottles first. Decisions, decisions.

Cheers,

Jon

Monday morning:

Dovo Best Quality 6/8"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Marlborough, soap
D.R. Harris Marlborough ASL
Steve Woodhear Scuttle
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a great week!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-2014-04-02014-04-07-2_zps9074d82a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom