S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th Febuary to Friday 10th Febuary 2017

Sunday AM 2017-02-05

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Elite Razor Copper-Laced Onyx Martin, Manchurian White (26mm/57mm)
Figaro P.160 shaving soap (tallow) + a few spritzes of Acqua di Parma Colonia EdT
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/UFO Red Bronze Kaiser
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

The brush is wonderful, like a cross between a Simpson Super and a vintage Plisson HMW. With a little AdP added for fragrance, the Figaro made great lather. The UFO Kaiser, like the Colibri, is just a bit too small for my hand.
sIGzYlj.jpg

Mon 6th Feb
Omega 11126 boar
La Toja Cream
Schick N3
Schick Twin [5 -japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
La Toja A/S Lotion

Nice to have a Vintage Injector Shave after a break. No doubt the use of a Twin blade boosts the performance of the latter Schicks. Nice smooth Shave with a good finish, but needed frequent rinsing of razor due to use of cream.

Shame that the Twins are expensive, and the NOS Ones hard to find. Others might be tempted to try them if that were not the case.

IMG_1151.jpg

6/2/17:
Hot water.
P&B Spitfire.
Niazi 1908 Solingen.
Body Shop synth.
Warm/alum/cold.
Fine L'orange Noir.

First full shave - required to be clean shaven for work today as I have a respirator mask fitting this morning. Not overly comfortable full shave and looking a little 'raw' in places, but nothing to shout home about. Alum bit a bit, one minuscule nick on my chin where I went over a spot or something. Not overly smooth. More time to prep would have been nice and beneficial.

I feel going for the full shave brings attention to technique inconsistencies/issues. Face shouldn't take long to settle down but I will be letting my beard grow out again. I'll be practicing maybe another twice with full shaves before letting my beard grow out properly.

Photo to come later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom