Saturday 4th February 2017

View attachment 23419
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Iridium Super (#4)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: NSS Old Grey Bristle Test
AS: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum

Normally I bin a DE Blade after 3 shaves at the moment as I am working my way through the untried blades I have, but I bought these Iridium Super blades recently and as these blades worked out at 80 pence each I thought I would keep going to see how long they last. The best shave I have had so far is this 4th shave so I am going to keep going to see how far this blade can last.

I love the Ikon 101 - great razor!

The shave today was fantastic, best lather I have got out the NSS soap so far and the Proraso boar brush made a welcome return as it has been overlooked a bit lately.

20170205_SOTD_Frame_S_zps7t1ha82x.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V Romera
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

SOTD: 5th Febuary 2017.
B.Sunday Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Parker 99R.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (1)

Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Palmolive Shave Stick.(Grated)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut Splash On lotion.

Gillette Sensitive A/S Balm.

After yesterday's phenomenal maiden shave with my Merkur 37C only 2 passes+ pick ups where required to leave my face silky smooth again,with no errors to report..The palmolive shave sticks performance is always something i can rely upon to give a superb cushioned protective lather, a superb slickness with a excellent post shave feeling to my face.
Thought i would use some Brut splash on "old school" fragrance to make the end of the weekend special.Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:

6ed9b63c81.jpg

DFS+++ result this Sunday morning.
Lovely toned down chill from the Maggard soap and the bathroom was filled with sweet oranges.
Haven't used my X3 in a long time, but I wanted to use it with the aluminium MR14 handle from Maggard with it.
I like the two tone of this combo much more than the stainless steel Bulldog handle that came with it.
I am normally into heavier combos, but I love the weight ratio on this baby. Light, but heavy enough in the head to let it do the work.
Finished off with the unscented balm from Matas and face felt great!
After having used the all-aluminium razor combo this morning, I think I'm more more interested in the Hone 15a now!
But I'm of course not looking for more gear to buy... oh no I'm not...

6ed9b63c81.jpg

DFS+++ result this Sunday morning.
Lovely toned down chill from the Maggard soap and the bathroom was filled with sweet oranges.
Haven't used my X3 in a long time, but I wanted to use it with the aluminium MR14 handle from Maggard with it.
I like the two tone of this combo much more than the stainless steel Bulldog handle that came with it.
I am normally into heavier combos, but I love the weight ratio on this baby. Light, but heavy enough in the head to let it do the work.
Finished off with the unscented balm from Matas and face felt great!
After having used the all-aluminium razor combo this morning, I think I'm more more interested in the Hone 15a now!
But I'm of course not looking for more gear to buy... oh no I'm not...
Hi Martin, that Vie-Long synthetic caught my eye. How do you rate it? Can you compare it to other synthetic brushes?

Hi Martin, that Vie-Long synthetic caught my eye. How do you rate it? Can you compare it to other synthetic brushes?

It's not a genuine Vie-Long :) Well, the handle is. But I've taken out the horse knot it came with and installed the WD synthetic from his Uberknot days. I'm not sure how the recent offerings compare, but this one has slightly more backbone than the common Plissoft everybody uses now.

Morning gents,

Yesterday's shave is below. First use of the Razorock Big Bruce so it was paired with the Cashmere soap, as said before it always get the first taste of a new brush!

The brush was good. It did the job. It doesn't have anything on my badgers at the moment though. The badgers just have "feeling", that's the only way I can describe it. TheRazorock just felt a little hollow. Like I said, it did the job just fine though. I'm sure I'll have a few more good shaves with it in the future...

Used the General for the third time and for the first pass used a feather pro that had a few uses under its belt. It just didn't feel particularly smooth, or comfortable. It was doing the job, just about but not to my liking. It's the third time I've shaved with the General with this blade and I think it must be a blade issue. For the second pass I swapped out for a Kai Mild blade which was better, not drastically though. I'm going to have to do a run of shaves with this razor I think, because I've not dialled it in properly at all. I've just received a load of razors to try including a king cobra from a friend on here so they'll be getting my attention first!

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays.

img_20170204_191053-01-jpeg.7776

Back
Top Bottom