S.o.t.D Saturday 31st May to Friday 6th June 2014

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Ebony Brian made brush,
Merkur Progress/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (black bottle)

Been 7-8 uses with the brush, mostly with soaps and today I thought a cream might be good. The knot's still loosening up, but by now it handles face lathering creams just fine as it turned out. That new brush was a good idea....nice having it in the arsenal. I can tell it whips up lather amazingly fast in a bowl if I let it.

Third time using this razor. You know, when I was borrowing the long handle version a while back, I could tell this thing was capable of a good shave and also fitting me well. The shorter handle really changes how this is used when shaving. Totally different feel in my hand, and the balance isn't the same either.

Anyway, I have her dialed low with a sharp blade loaded up and man, it's what I was hoping for. I can't screw around too much, but the little extra attention needed is fine. Really smooth face and very comfortable shave. For some reason, my neck ends up with better results than with my go to razors. That was a good trade with a forum member.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday,
Pre: Village barber shave oil.
Razor: Merkur Digress HDB.
Blade: NOS Personna 74 (9).
Brush: TSN 2013 LE Simpson P8.
Cream: Omega.
Aftershave: 4711.
Aftershave balm: Village barber balm.

Very enjoyable DFS.

bd5432ca50170b3f7e4bae4728444279_zpsc7d228f5.jpg

Above is an older photo of my Digress, I am currently working away and I feel my roommate might think me a lunatic if he sees me taking a picture of my SotD on my iPad! :wink:

Scott

pjgh said:
Cowbrough Travel Razor - Gillette 365 [2]

Reputed to be a vicious vampire, actually I found this travel razor to be absolutely and perfectly smooth.
I rank this as an excellent shave.

Oh sure thing Paul,

As if I'd believe anything you'd say about how lovely the shaves were with ANY razor. Yeah, knowing what you shave with and your tolerance for pain.....let's just say I am skeptical of your suggestions.

Little while back I tried one of those chrome plated open comb Merkur travel razors and got through most of the WTG pass and said enough.

Butterfly kisses by a vampire razor can leave a mark....

Yep, I will now go and get out one of my many favorite 1912 versions for tomorrow's shave. So tough to decide which one.

Martin

Oh......before I forget. I see you and a couple other enabling bums have gotten the Good Doctor mixed up with those goofy SE things!!! Yeah, I saw one in a recent pic of his and I almost puked. Hah, watch what he does to the selling prices.

fancontroller said:
FrankieG said:
Cold water splash
La Toja (grated)
Vulfix Grosvenor reknotted w/ TGN Finest Badger
ATT Kronos M2
Super Iridium (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Heaps of slick lather from La Toja and closeness from ATT M2/SI combo. Am starting to enjoy this open comb razor very much.

ATT is a fun drive, isn't it. Are you thinking about the M1 yet? It's just as much fun.

I have the M1, M2 and both the atlas and kronos handles. Still deciding which I like better, but the open comb M2 with kronos (i.e. longer) handle may be inching ahead. I think it may actually be smoother than the M1.

Early wake up for a quick shave since I'm going to have a 2 weeks business trip:

Prep: Shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Simpson Eagle 2 in Super
Razor: Gold Cobra
Blade: Feather Professional
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floid Vigoroso

image.php

image.php

For the next 2 weeks this will be my set up:

Soaps: Mike's Natural Soaps Vetiver and PannaCrema Vetiver
Brushes: Simpson M7 Butterscotch 2 Band in Silvertip (for every day) e Muhle Silvertip Fiber (for the last day in the hotel).
Razor: Muhle Jet Head + Ikon Bulldog Handle
Blades: Feather
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Malizia Uomo Vetyver (I like it, and I'd like to try it for a long time instead of my usual Guerlain Vetiver).
EDT : Guerlain Vetiver
Deo Stick : Guerlain Vetiver

image.php

Sm304 said:
Above is an older photo of my Digress, I am currently working away and I feel my roommate might think me a lunatic if he sees me taking a picture of my SotD on my iPad!

Scott

Replace that might with will. I personally am well aware of my eccentricity in all this!

By the way, that Digress is still in my eyes the best looking razor I've seen so far. I like the stainless version but the brass just adds something ... definitely my next purchase. :icon_redface:

Chris.

Tuesday iii June, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Revitalising Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash, Proraso Crema Pre Barba Green
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger Ivory Beehive
Cream: Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Razor: ATT Atlas R2 Open Comb
Blade: Sputnik #3
Post: Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent, Kiehl's Ultimate Men's ASB
Fragrance: Houbigant Fougère Royale EdP

Result: Still mightily impressed with the Atlas. Today marked the end of my tube of old formulation Erasmic cream, which is bitter sweet. I am not sure whether I'll buy a tube of the re-formulated stuff, but time will tell. In the meantime I am making a sustained effort to reduce the number of creams I've got in my stash.

Have a good day, gents.

Jon

Tuesday morning:

Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Vie-Long, Horse & Boar, Men's Only Forum Special Edition 2014.
La toja soap (in a bowl)
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College ASL

Have a great day!

SOTD-2014-06-03-1-Copy_zps73983f78.jpg

Greetings

Tuesday 3rd June 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Treet 'Black Beauty' Carbon
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: La Toja Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerruti 1881

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0398.JPG

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: Grandstaff Illipe/Cocoa Butter Soap (sample)
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: ATT R1 + Bulldog
Blade: Schnick Premium (1)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Coral Skin Food

I don't know why this Grandstaff soap isn't one of the most popular; absolutely marvellous, I can't fault it. I've only got a sample so try not to use it much but that's hard. It's from the states so is a bit of a pain to acquire in the UK.
Liking this Schick blade, really smooth. Do I like the ATT with the Weber bulldog handle? Well it's fine but I think I prefer the longer Kronos handle.

Have a great day out there.

SOTD140603_zpse876ef5b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom