Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: Traditional Shaving Shop badger
Razor: Progress @2.5,2,1.5
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
After: Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS, Every Man Jack ASB

Progress keeps on surprising me how close a shave it gives without seemingly doing much work. My verdict on this Rapira blade is performs just as well as a Sputnik, so I'll stick with my Sputnik. Results DFS.

Good day, sirs.

SOTD140602_zps83265ae2.jpg

Monday ii June, 2014

ATT_collage_zps03a41a57.jpg

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Revitalising Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash, Proraso Crema Pre Barba Green
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger Ivory Beehive
Cream: Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Razor: ATT Atlas R2 Open Comb
Blade: Sputnik #2
Post: Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent, Kiehl's Ultimate Men's ASB
Fragrance: Houbigant Fougère Royale EdP

Result: This is an awesome razor / blade combo. The performance after two passes is as close to BBS as I usually achieve with three. The third pass really is the icing on a rather nice cake. Only one more day left of the Erasmic cream, which will result in a dilemma - replace or not. Now, this is the old formulation, so I'm really not sure.

Jon

Greetings

Monday 2nd June 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Bathroom (Travel)
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Simon the Super Shedder
Soap: Unknown Malodorous Green 'Stuff'
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A certainly different and very surprising shave. A shave with my car boot travel set that I purchased yesterday. No surprises with the razor it performed superbly as do (IMHO) 99.9% of 1912's irrespective of which sub-model they are.

The little British brush of unknown make continued to loose several more hairs but considering the tiny diameter of the knot (about 17mm) it performed really quite well.

The soap. Now this was a huge surprise, I should if I had any sense at all thrown this away as it does smell vile. I am unsure if the smell is because it is a little rancid, if it is a Tallow soap which I feel it is or because it had been confined in one of the Chrome travel tubes probably damp for many years. These tubes were coated inside with a layer of verdigris leading me to believe they are steel that has been copper plated before they are chromed to give a better surface for the chroming to adhere to. This is perhaps what the smell is.

Anyway not withstanding the smell, which was hard to ignore this soap was one of the best lathering slickest soaps I have ever used, I would be nice to know what it was, almost certainly something common and readily available at the time (probably early fifties)

Common sense tells me I've had a bit of fun and now would be the right time to bin this soap but it does perform so well!

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0384.JPG

Monday

Cella
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech
Ever Ready 1912
GEM blade
Blue Stratos AS
TOBS St. James' EdC

Just a quick two passes was enough this morning. DFS

Norfolkdick said:
A certainly different and very surprising shave. A shave with my car boot travel set that I purchased yesterday. No surprises with the razor it performed superbly as do (IMHO) 99.9% of 1912's irrespective of which sub-model they are.

IMG_0384.JPG

Super! I really like the lighter handled 1912s. I have this one, too, as well as one with a handle I've only seen one other with and a 'Peerless' which is the chain mail (not chain link) design, but aluminium.

Palmolive stick
Vulfix Bodger
Fat Handle Tech, Polsilver Stainless
Green Tonic

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Monday 2nd June 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Bathroom (Travel)
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Simon the Super Shedder
Soap: Unknown Malodorous Green 'Stuff'
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

The little British brush of unknown make continued to loose several more hairs but considering the tiny diameter of the knot (about 17mm) it performed really quite well.

The soap. Now this was a huge surprise, I should if I had any sense at all thrown this away as it does smell vile. I am unsure if the smell is because it is a little rancid, if it is a Tallow soap which I feel it is or because it had been confined in one of the Chrome travel tubes probably damp for many years. These tubes were coated inside with a layer of verdigris leading me to believe they are steel that has been copper plated before they are chromed to give a better surface for the chroming to adhere to. This is perhaps what the smell is.

Anyway not withstanding the smell, which was hard to ignore this soap was one of the best lathering slickest soaps I have ever used, I would be nice to know what it was, almost certainly something common and readily available at the time (probably early fifties)

Common sense tells me I've had a bit of fun and now would be the right time to bin this soap but it does perform so well!

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0384.JPG

An ancient Palmolive stick? That'd be my guess from the colour and pics of the stick you posted in the acquisitions thread.

Another amazing shave from this wee lady, guest appearances by, warm water, Ingrams Shaving Cream, TOBS Pure Badger, Alum and cold water. Minty fresh and BBS :)

Monday 06-02-14. MUSIC: The Style Council - The Best Of.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dDX6bvWJBA[/video]

82c4de97-8707-416a-822c-47bea0e10b07_zps96ef13a0.jpg

Aleppo Soap - Simpson Somerset Duke 3 best badger - Feather all stainless - Polsilver #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Le Père Lucien LE 2014 - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Korres - ASL Opaline.

IMG_20140602_132222_172.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress short handle
Blade: Rapira Swedish Super Steel (4)
Soap: vintage Arko stick marinated in Lavender essential oil
Brush: Sem 1305
Alum
AS:Aqua Velva mixed with 30% Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Arko NEM Oive

Lovely.

Gillette #58, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash 27mm Boar
Kent Soap
Blue Stratos AS
Astral
Blue Stratos EdT
Bounder Moustache Wax

Excellent shave. :D

Merkur 34HD (After trying and failing to get the Ikons to work thought I'd try old reliable again)

Proraso pre, and KOS Alpha oil

Muhle Silvertip fibre

Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cream

Alum block (little to no sting)

Nivea shaving balm

Best shave I've had since I got the Ikons, DFS to BBS, no burn,weeps or nicks :icon_smile:

Monday 2nd June

SOTD2614_zpsf3b13cc3.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Razo Rock XXX bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Big Boy Chrome (Made in England)
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

Back
Top Bottom