Muhle R41 13' Head
iKon Tuckaway
Kai Blade
Stirling Beer Shave Soap
Frank Shaving Finest
Stirling Bay Rum Witch Hazel Aloe Balm
Bowling Green After Shave
Sea Grapes Studio Shave Bowl

What was that Kai blade like? I still havent plucked up courage to use mine yet.

Jim

MachM said:
Wednesday

Cella
New Forest Tubby 2
Aristocrat Junior
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
DR Harris Windsor AS

Great! I haven't used the Cella for a while and it was nice to bring it out of hibernation this morning.

How do you like the NF Tubby 2 chap? I am thinking about my second brush and want it to be a good all rounder. They seem to have a good rep.

21mya0h.jpg

jim3rg said:
... My adjustable was very difficult to open today when I went to take out the blade, figured it must be gunk in the works, so a 10 minute soak in hot water & fairy liquid followed by a scrub with a toothbrush seams to have done the trick. Nice and shinny now and operated normally.

Jim

You didn't put the blade in with the glue blobs upwards, did you? They can stick to the barn doors and make it tricky to open.

Cold Water
Prep Pre Shave Creme
MWF Face Lathered
Semogue SOC
Gem Junior Bar
Feather SE Blade
Old Spice

I'm enjoying using MWF and my boar brushes for a while.
I decided to experiment with a Feather blade, didn't work as well for me as the standard Gem, I'll stick with those.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th August to Friday 5th September 2014

fancontroller said:
jim3rg said:
... My adjustable was very difficult to open today when I went to take out the blade, figured it must be gunk in the works, so a 10 minute soak in hot water & fairy liquid followed by a scrub with a toothbrush seams to have done the trick. Nice and shinny now and operated normally.

Jim

You didn't put the blade in with the glue blobs upwards, did you? They can stick to the barn doors and make it tricky to open.
I use the old blade to scrape off the glue so there is no glue left on the new blade, i could always have missed some though. When I put in a new blade I will make sure I place glue side down.

Thanks for the advice. [emoji41]

jim

Wednesday

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Sheridan hard soap v2
Aftershave: Caldey Abbey splash
Cologne: Caldey Abbey EdT

Another easy, quality shave.

Cold water splash
Klar Kabinett
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Weber PH / Bulldog
Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Clinique Post-Shave Soother

First use of the Weber in quite some time. Smooth, confortable and absolutely loved it.

Randomangle said:
mulligano said:
Yesterday's Shave

YtY6zNa.jpg

Fatip Grande
Gillette Silver Blue
Noxzema (applied between passes)
Wickham's Hard Soap V1
24 mm Shaving.ie Silvertip
Prof. Blighty's Coal Tar balm

First time using the Fatip - a very nice shaver.

What finish is that Fatip?

I'd say it was muck. Is that due to the Noxzema? My razors get coated with a film of scum after use which is a real pain to clean off for a SOTD photo without disassembling. I try to get away with a quick wipe with a towel or toilet paper. Oozy glue spots on the blade too. I like Fatip's; they're a bit different and scarier than the others in my rotation.

Weber PH / UFO Kaiser
Gillette 7oc Green (1)
Thäter 49125/1 3-band
Petal Pusher Fancies Black Tea
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Frustrating shave. The Thäter's playing up and the first outing of the PPF was atrocious: one of the least protective lathers I've ever had from a soap. I'll persevere and work out what's what. On the upside, it smells great.

Back
Top Bottom