S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th June to Friday 4th July 2014

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Santa Maria Novella pre-shave
Soap: Stirling Black Cumin & Orange
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: Sputnik (1)
After: Proraso AS, Zirh ASB

First time using this Gillette New (acquired from ajc347) thinking it'd be similar to a New I had a while back; not so. Opposite in fact, my previous had a much heavier head, made of brass. This head seems a different beast altogether. My previous New was really aggressive but this one seems fairly middle of the road in aggression. It might be because I face-lathered with Stirling which gives a great deal of protection and slide, I'll need a few more goes to decide. All in all a much more enjoyable shave compared with my previous New. The handle seems puny now compared to my ATT etc. and I think this razor would be improved with a heavier/larger handle; so that will be my test for tomorrow.
I'm learning to appreciate this soap's scent now. Before I thought the scent was non-existent when lathering; now I can pick up the scent, it's subtle but it's there in the background.

Shave on, gents.

SOTD20140702_zps65ba8a04.jpg

Prep: Face wash with dove soap
Pre: hot towel
Brush: Vie-Long 12601 horse hair
Soap: Proraso Green tub
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow

WOW the proraso is so good, easy to lather and what a hit.... my skin has never felt so cool and clean, I now understand why folk sing its praises. I even went for a 4th pass ATG which worked well until the blade bit me just under my nose.

The alum left a little feedback too which wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I think 3 passes is enough for me to be getting on with. I am however going to have to find an AS to compliment the green proraso.

Jim

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Bodyshop Macca Root
Brush: Omega 49
Razor 1: Gotta 120 Silversteel
Razor 2: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: Astra SP

Interesting shave to say the least.
Only 2nd go with the Gotta straight. I have decided to use it for the first pass to try and get the hang of it and the other 2 passes and clean up with a DE.
Very smooth result and only one minor cut trying to switch to left handed.

uwu6GeO.jpg

Monday 30th June:
Aluminium handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Arko
Duke 2 Pure
Matchplay AS

Wednesday 2nd July:
Aluminium handle Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Southsea Spray
Vulfix 404 "Bodger"
Matchplay AS

Wednesday

Afternoon, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Polsilver SI (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Super Max Ultimate
Aftershave: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
Cologne: Andy Warhol

Top result.

Wednesday 07-02-14. MUSIC: Curtis Mayfield - The Very Best Of (1998).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lK42Tm3T08[/video]

987c0ff5-fef9-4271-9b44-027c2ecfd6a4_zpsadef57e9.jpg

Aleppo soap - Semogue SOC two bands - Feather all stainless - 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Aqua Velva.

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014

171536d1404307372-sun-june-29th-sat-july-05th-sotd-02072014.jpg

Traveling with my First Mastro Livi

This is my very first Mastro Livi straight razor, the one which started my passion for his razors, his art and talent. It also gave me the chance to know a remarkable and genuine man. I bought this razor in April 2013 and it is still shaving like the first time. I have never honed it or used any chromium oxide, I just stropped it on a Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm. In this sense, I strictly followed Mastro Livi's advices. The edge is still very keen and sharp: after all of this time, this magnificent straight razor still passes HHT with no effort and gives a superb, impeccable shave. Amazing!​

• Pre-shave: Proraso Green Pre-Shave Cream
  • Soap: Aquagena Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 83
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel, 7/8 Full Hollow, Mastro Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue After Shave

Face wash with Neurogena soap
Feather Artist Club DX non-folding / Pro Blade
Simpson “Chubby” 3 Manchurian Cobalt
Jabonman Brisa de Oriente
Witch Hazel