Regards
Dick.

IMG_0356.JPG

Rotbart Extra Dunn (thanks Al H)
Progress on 2
Henk walnut silvertip
Provence Sante Verlaine
Arko Cool balm

First try of this blade. Extremely smooth blade but could be a bit sharper. A very easy DFS but think i would struggle to get BBS. Will try a few more in a couple of different razors before adding to my spreadsheet

Pre- Bulldog Facewash
Soap- Jabonman Wet Earth
Brush- Men-U
Razor- Ever Ready Jewel
Blade- Feather ss [1]
Post- Thayers Witch Hazel

Three pass shave with zero irritation or nicks, I find this razor to be mild. The Jabonman soap lathers up superbly but has to be said the scent is a marmite type of thing, I liked it on the first two passes but found it cloying on the third ( smell reminds me of pipe tobacco ash ).

EJ DE3D, Shim, Rapira Swede
Hand-Carved Ash 27mm Boar
Kent Soap
Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS
SFH Lime Shaving Oil
Vintage Shulton OS Cologne

Oh, oh, 'Fat' again! Slight bit of irritation on the neck though, must've gone at it a bit hard or not been quite awake. Still, the SFH oil seems to have knocked it on the head.

The twin peaks of Shulton Towers, an aura round my person empowers. Yeah, I stink and it's great!

Body shop Maca root face wash
Merkur 1904 razor with Personna lab blue #1
Strop Shoppe Baker Street special edition shaving soap
Muhle Silverfibre brush.
Speick ASL.

Very close shave today, first use of a lab blue blade, no nicks and felt smooth.
Love the SS Baker st shaving soap fragrance.

Neilo said:
Muhle Silverfibre brush.
Speick ASL.

Very close shave today, first use of a lab blue blade, no nicks and felt smooth.

Is that the OC or CC 1904 Merkur, Neilo? Both of those have been enjoying my curiosity for some time.

Razor Erusta Boehler Stahl 13/16 full hollow
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons P8
Soap Boellis Panama 1924
Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Aftershave Balm
L'Occitane Ambre & Santal Edt.​

Gairdner said:
Neilo said:
Muhle Silverfibre brush.
Speick ASL.

Is that the OC or CC 1904 Merkur, Neilo? Both of those have been enjoying my curiosity for some time.

Hi Graeme , it's the closed comb version, it was my first ever DE razor a good few years ago, but for the last few years I have been using the Muhle R89. Started to alternate between the two razors now, forgot how nice the 1904 is, for me anyway. The Merkur is a mild shave, similar to the Muhle, the only thing for some people would be the short handle on the Merkur ? Think it only cost me £15 back in the day, on the basis that if I didn't get away with DE shaving I would not have wasted too much dosh !! Other razor's I have tried have been Parker, bit me every time I tried to use it ( free to a good home !) and a Merkur 39 barber pole, took my fizzog off and sold it on ! Merkur well worth a shot Graeme. Neil.

Thursday 05-29-14. MUSIC: The Ramones - Acid Eaters (Japan Edition - 1994).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-ORLdZyzE[/video]

9d16678a-4b43-49f2-8cf0-ecd00bbe8bd0_zps7cf2dff8.jpg

Aleppo soap - Simpson Somerset Duke 3 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #6 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumper's Rose - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Institut Karité - ASL Brummel.

Back
Top Bottom