S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

30/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 82065
Razor - YJ Tech head/heavy handle
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

I failed to load up enough soap prior to the first pass and required additional loading for second and third passes. Arko's urinal puck odour seems to be less offensive with each additional use, a good thing for sure.
Superb shave today, I think the Israeli Personna may become one of my favourite blades.

SOTD_20170630-1024x1024.png

• Safety Razor: Feather - AS-D2
  • Blade: Feather - Black
  • Shaving Brush: Whipped Dog - 30mm (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Scuttle: Georgetown Pottery - G12 Ivory & Green Oribe
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Lavendel Deluxe
  • After-Shave: Clubman Pinaud - ASL

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Shower / Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE3D14
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - Simpsons Commodore X3
Soap - Razor Master Pekka
Post - Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave/Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
PEKKA.jpg3rd time using the razor master shaving soap this ones the fresh aquatic Scent I also have the one called oskar which is a really nice citrus scent these soaps are excellent handmade in finland if you haven't tried them already I would recommend you do the performance is great and the scents are top notch they even have a coffee scented one called uula which I'm tempted to get , Happy Shaving :D

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Shower / Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE3D14
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - Simpsons Commodore X3
Soap - Razor Master Pekka
Post - Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave/Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
View attachment 265123rd time using the razor master shaving soap this ones the fresh aquatic Scent I also have the one called oskar which is a really nice citrus scent these soaps are excellent handmade in finland if you haven't tried them already I would recommend you do the performance is great and the scents are top notch they even have a coffee scented one called uula which I'm tempted to get , Happy Shaving :D
I used to have the Uula and though it performed well the scent was definitely too sweet for my personal taste! If you love a cappuccino however it'll be right up your ally then some ;)

Fat Friday today,....Mervyn's Finest Chubby, The Fat, Gillette FB, Thayer's and Acqua de Parma Colonia Club.
Lovely shave,....then I dropped The Fat in the sink and smashed the 'kin bowl, (soap bowl, not the basin).....gutted!.....tempted to post on "What made your day a schidt one"......
Just as well it wasn't the sink, replacements on eBay £9.99.

Friday AM 2017-06-30

Moss Slate Anniversary scuttle
Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22m/48mm)
Trumper's Eucris shaving soap
Charcoal Goods SS L1
Wilkinson Light Brigade (4)
Guerlain Vetiver aftershave

The Eucris must be pretty old, because its scent is quite faint. It easily made lather of just fair quality, not really good but adequate. The new CG razor required a different angle than my AS-D2s, but it shaved a little closer and cleaner. It has good audible feedback but doesn't glide quite as smoothly. And the new Guerlain aftershave is nicely soothing, with no bite and a light, green, woodsy fragrance.
ZMnqcHa.jpg

Friday 30th June.

Shower + EVOO
Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Soap
GEM Damaskeene OC
Razorock 400
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

Had near enough a weeks worth of growth to get rid of, felt really comfortable thanks to shower and EVOO softening the hair. 2 passes plus touch ups, big splash of Grey Flannel tonnes of irritation so no idea what went wrong, I've binned the blade and will use a razor I'm more familiar with after a few days to let my face heal.

I finally got round to cleaning my Tuckaway (many thanks @wazza :)), so thought I would pit it against my Hoffritz, my only other OC travel razor. I loaded them both with a 1 and 1/2 shave in Astra SP.
After splashing my face with cold water quite a few times, I rubbed my face liberally with a La Toja stick, and lathered with a Semogue 1470.
The Hoffritz a full 20g lighter felt more aggressive. And, sure enough, after a 2 pass WTG, XTG shave, that side stung a bit when the alum block was applied, whilst the Gillette side was sting free.
Finished up with Witch Hazel and a splash of Aqua Velva.
Edit: No discernible difference regarding the closeness of the shave.
IMG_20170630_172151.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom