S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

Shower
Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Proraso - Creama Pre Barba
Proraso - Sapone Da Barba (Shaving Cream)
Semogue - 1305 Boar
Face Lathering
Ever Ready - 1912
GEM - PTFE (8)
WTG
Stahly Live Blade
Voskhod (4)
WTG / XTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Proraso - Lozione Dopobarba

Had to stop half way on my first pass WTG with the GEM PTFE. If you are interested read more using the link:

http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/palm-stropping.43448/#post-649718
Great Italian products by Proraso. I like the green line a lot.

Last edited:
SOTD 20170630

8zdOLjd.jpg

Brush: Cadman with finest knot (24 mm - loft 50 mm).
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Hierbabuena mango lima mentolado".
Razor: ATT SE1 (aluminum).
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (8).
After shave: Proraso.

First shave with this wonderful shaving soap ... ;)

View attachment 26503 SOTD Friday 30th June

Prep....Shower, olive oil soap,
Razor....Coloinal Razors general Brass
Blade....Feather pro Super
Soap....La Savonniere Moulin
Brush....Semouge Owners club badger
Post....Thayers rose petal / BBA psb
Scent....Minoture by Paloma Picasso

This razor has been one of my best buys and I will never let it go, paired with the Feather pro Super it gives perfect close shaves time after time.
The French donkey milk soap produces one of the most luxuriant lathers as wel as being slick and protective and was whipped to perfection in my now favourite lathering bowl from the Little Wren pottery with my trusty SOC badger.
Most of my shaves are now good but today's was perfect, followed with a splash of Rose petal Thayers and then by my indispensable BBA post shave balm.
After such a great shave I thought I woud use one of my favourite scent's, Minotaure.
A perfect finnish to a perfect shave.

Thanks going out to @Aaron1983 for the Thayers, thanks mate. :)

Whishing you all a fab Friday........:)

@Blademonkey don't forget to kiss the donkey
f37c4519f4445f60b6e9d668ef8bc1f6.jpg

Greetings All,

Friday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered with face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Tabac soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Shark (4th)
Brush:RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase

Shark on the forth use and still not disappoint - not sure if I will try a fifth - will I?

Again, the Razorock 400 whipped up a storming lather with a soap that has not performed well in the pass.

Still sticking to my changed routine to see if that would help my neck irritation and showered before I shaved, no Proraso on the second pass. Today's result, a little bit of irritation, not as bad as usual. I think it might be more me understanding the soap lather better and my technique improving. Also as previously advised, I am stopping Alum after my shaves and only using if there is any crimson.

Friday 30 June 2017

Y0AWd5VSGh50G94RXT2RVBRIrzhLVB2_cexEF2ty6z25WGf78rV89cKC3HG0wuPlrhRZzkSvJSSllum9rn0fH9VOcCKxkfDE6iU=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017

Shaving with this Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 is a pleasure. Its velvety and smooth touch makes it the excellence of shaving, not to mention it is such a beautiful masterpiece to look at. Three passes of pure joy in which I used my shaving soap and the shave brush my friend Roberto made for me. The icing on the cake was the super refreshing touch of my Thyrrenus aftershave, a super cooling sensation absolutely perfect for this hot day.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Roberto's Brush, Wild Badger, Locust Tree Wood, 24mm Knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017, 8/8 Full Hollow, French Point, Cocobolo
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Fri 30th June
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL Injecto-Matic de luxe
Schick Proline Type B [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Another great Shave with this Razor/Blade combo. There is no doubt the Razor is calmed down a lot
by this blade, now the PAL shaves very smoothly and yet still cuts efficiently.Aided by the good lather
from the Soap, I attained what seemed a very quick and easy shave with a top quality finish. If I keep getting these results, the Chicks will become redundant.

IMG_1365.jpg

jnVM54wNJpdsYi25vHEeyY7TQeSeVpT51AUz1dJ-dVTiABGECh8YJR8DpjKK-16HAu4Z8hzjKJnKP1egPCQyU63qYD69Lark8hmJQ8XMu1N1Wm-Yg5xmutdxzy05RYdUc31eooPgAF6yIjA37Cj5STT7GpUSv0vCfdeL8WYrFpzWoOC9jKESPyRPEcNFStAnnhkthmsfdGcRjTsRPzM2gxY2747fV5VjaoovIXkFLZek1DZKWO_zvlLkFIykwJ_4dljFzfLclR7dTZS-1LuKxyJDV6PjrNnLqh13NHHzjCnMWL7ciikoPO3Vd_j4KGRTAHwMyes6WzXUPEtEPfZs-CzR48ANxy7NJ8YRyjFteDp8ciJFX7bwseMsuznt-X609gDOMrxjhUrmMlYfgAJyH7R6sZf0-kPrCUZuH1mLIsLPAp5A5o96MHcXy5VSdCjc_IJu8B8wl8c4ixda0n6qX5kbRTNG6fbBfe-NjAQcp0_wQvZ8xctlZZZV-z80ANoKWql9MWY0x82Pn8-6TXwbatL9puyrpCgb3sxmzYPhQhZG6RLXl9PF6sDAqbdszA6qrOkgIKC7ndjfxyPMDDOZ7_D-4_CzYHWRyFOnGxIUvrjG9pAW6aLxqw=w879-h659-no

Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola
Post: Boots WH, Nivea 2 Phase & Crabtree and Evelyn Black Absinthe

The end of my week of Club Cola and the end of my June 5 day rotation, I don't think I will continue it into July. Five days is a nie aount of time to appreciate a soap and use it enough to not get bored of it. A great shave today until I risked ATG on my neck and got bitten, little irritation aside it was a winner of a shave. Finished off with a scent I don't use often, it is a very strong herby scent and not everyone's cup of tea, I quite like it very sweet. Used the LWP scuttle, very nice cold water shaving with warm lather, don't think I would do it every day though. Will be a treat for now and then.

Prior to shaving I was reading a short story from a book I am reading (The Paper Door and Other Stories by Shiga Naoya), todays story was called Kamisori (The Razor). About an ill barber (who never drew blood at all) asked to sharpen a gentlemans razor for morning. Frustrated at his inability to sharpen it and in a bad mood when a cocky customer came in he tried the razor on the customer to test its sharpness, drew blood and then the story concluded in him plunging the razor in the customers throat! Hoped it wasn't foreshadowing today's shave!

jnVM54wNJpdsYi25vHEeyY7TQeSeVpT51AUz1dJ-dVTiABGECh8YJR8DpjKK-16HAu4Z8hzjKJnKP1egPCQyU63qYD69Lark8hmJQ8XMu1N1Wm-Yg5xmutdxzy05RYdUc31eooPgAF6yIjA37Cj5STT7GpUSv0vCfdeL8WYrFpzWoOC9jKESPyRPEcNFStAnnhkthmsfdGcRjTsRPzM2gxY2747fV5VjaoovIXkFLZek1DZKWO_zvlLkFIykwJ_4dljFzfLclR7dTZS-1LuKxyJDV6PjrNnLqh13NHHzjCnMWL7ciikoPO3Vd_j4KGRTAHwMyes6WzXUPEtEPfZs-CzR48ANxy7NJ8YRyjFteDp8ciJFX7bwseMsuznt-X609gDOMrxjhUrmMlYfgAJyH7R6sZf0-kPrCUZuH1mLIsLPAp5A5o96MHcXy5VSdCjc_IJu8B8wl8c4ixda0n6qX5kbRTNG6fbBfe-NjAQcp0_wQvZ8xctlZZZV-z80ANoKWql9MWY0x82Pn8-6TXwbatL9puyrpCgb3sxmzYPhQhZG6RLXl9PF6sDAqbdszA6qrOkgIKC7ndjfxyPMDDOZ7_D-4_CzYHWRyFOnGxIUvrjG9pAW6aLxqw=w879-h659-no

Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola
Post: Boots WH, Nivea 2 Phase & Crabtree and Evelyn Black Absinthe

The end of my week of Club Cola and the end of my June 5 day rotation, I don't think I will continue it into July. Five days is a nie aount of time to appreciate a soap and use it enough to not get bored of it. A great shave today until I risked ATG on my neck and got bitten, little irritation aside it was a winner of a shave. Finished off with a scent I don't use often, it is a very strong herby scent and not everyone's cup of tea, I quite like it very sweet. Used the LWP scuttle, very nice cold water shaving with warm lather, don't think I would do it every day though. Will be a treat for now and then.

Prior to shaving I was reading a short story from a book I am reading (The Paper Door and Other Stories by Shiga Naoya), todays story was called Kamisori (The Razor). About an ill barber (who never drew blood at all) asked to sharpen a gentlemans razor for morning. Frustrated at his inability to sharpen it and in a bad mood when a cocky customer came in he tried the razor on the customer to test its sharpness, drew blood and then the story concluded in him plunging the razor in the customers throat! Hoped it wasn't foreshadowing today's shave!
What a lovely story, move over Sweeney Todd! :)

Back
Top Bottom