35502733301_e261e9f56a.jpg

SOTD

Mitchells Wool Fat soap
Simpson Classic 1 brush
GEM Damaskeene razor
GEM Stainless blade
Geo. F. Trumper Coral skin food
Collezione Iconic Eau de Toilette

I finally got round to cleaning my Tuckaway (many thanks @wazza :)), so thought I would pit it against my Hoffritz, my only other OC travel razor. I loaded them both with a 1 and 1/2 shave in Astra SP.
After splashing my face with cold water quite a few times, I rubbed my face liberally with a La Toja stick, and lathered with a Semogue 1470.
The Hoffritz a full 20g lighter felt more aggressive. And, sure enough, after a 2 pass WTG, XTG shave, that side stung a bit when the alum block was applied, whilst the Gillette side was sting free.
Finished up with Witch Hazel and a splash of Aqua Velva.
Edit: No discernible difference regarding the closeness of the shave.
View attachment 26516
Two beauties there then! Glad you're enjoying them.

I tried the Fendrihan shavette today for the first pass with a Derby Premium. The pass did remove whiskers and as well some skin. I had weepers at the corner of the mouth under the lip and at the bottom of my neck. I finished the shave with an Aristocrat JR. and a GSB. The Vulfix 660 Super Badger whipped up the Chiseled Face Sherlock into great lather with enough slickness for the Shavette and my weepers were from user inexperience. The Rocket Jr left me BBS, but the damage from the shavette left me burning, but there was no lasting damage. I will use the shavette for the first pass for the next few shaves to see if I can get some semblance of proficiency.
flnUPxJ.png

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
RazoRock Italian Barber soap.
Semogue 620.
Schick Injector Adjustable set on 7.
Personna blade (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
Fine American Blend Aftershave.
Blume.BE balm. (Sample)

First use of the RazoRock soap. Lathered very easily on the face, but it was following the MWF, and I didn't get quite so comfortable a shave. Not helped by the fact that I applied some pressure on the pick ups, and I find myself shaving a little quicker using the Schick than I would with a DE. (Muscle memory due to the Schick feeling a bit like the cartridge razors I used for years?). So 2 minor weepers and a touch of irritation on my neck. Not a bad shave at all. But back to basics tomorrow. That is, no pressure, and take my time!

Hot bath/ Nivea Men Sensitive
Wilkinson's Coconut & Vanilla body butter
Pre De Provence No 63
RazoRock 400Plissoft Noir
Merkur 37c/ Shark (?)
Hot/ cold rinse
Peppermint witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL
Oud 24 Hours

I'd forgotten how many shaves I'd had with this Shark blade. Passes one and two were fine, but the third gave me some irritation on my neck (which is prone to some irritation) but not that much.
To save future confusion I changed the blade while cleaning the razor after my shave.
I usually get three shaves from a shark blade at best.
Otherwise, the shave was pretty good.
Not BBS all over but pretty fine.
The Merkur slant felt mild compared to the DE89/ Shark combo I've used for my last couple of shaves. Not as much audible feedback either.
Although I had irritation on my neck, the Proraso didn't give any sting to speak of.
I indulged myself to a light spraying with the Oud 24, but did the Mrs notice? . . . Did she knickers !

How do you like your razor, fit finnish and shave?

First shave down and here's my thoughts.

Fit and finish with the machined finish are very utilitarian. Which I really like.

Holds the blade firmly.

Shave is quite mild.

I tend to prefer efficient razors and this one is a tad under what I usually use.

After more shaves I'll be able to comment more.

I will say it's very smooth and safe tho.

Which is a very good thing.

Back
Top Bottom