S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

The strange loopy thing is a key ring.

The silvertip sounds good, I am really enjoying my 30mm finest it too has that being lowered face first into a skip full of badgers feel. My other brushes are already starting to get jealous.

When I buy another brush it will be a Maseto, and very likely a Silvertip.

I know what you mean - I swear I could hear my Chubby sobbing softly as I hung the Maseto up to dry. cheers - I.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 30 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man 4x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Feather Professional #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Thanks guy's..

I know I'm not alone, back pain is very common.
My problem is the dreaded L5 S1, and degenerative disc disease.
It began when I was just 15, I'm 47 now.
This is my second bout that's been bad enough to be off work with this year.
I'm hoping to be back to work next Monday, it's driving me nuts being stuck at home and knowing I've got lots of work getting further behind.
Aha! Mine is the equally dreaded L4/5. Did the original injury lugging 44 gallon drums when I was in my early 20's and thought I was bullet-proof. My formulae is rest, anti-spasm pills, and then gentle traction to re-align the vertebrae and allow the disc to ease back into place.

Sotd - Thursday 29/6 -

Razor - Ikon 103 slant on a ES Braveheart handle
Blade - Polsilver SI
Brush - Maseto 30mm silvertip
Soap - Williams Ice-Fresh menthol cream Spanish version
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Spanish version
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - how good was that? Very good indeed - I can't actually remember the last time I had a crap shave but that was one of the most enjoyable in a long time. If you are partial to a slant and haven't tried this razor, it's excellent for me. You can get it head-only for not that much money. It's super efficient - pretty much the only way I think I could hurt myself with it is to poke the handle in my eye. Initially I found the lack of auditory feedback a bit odd - the first time I used it, I genuinely thought 'did I put a blade in this?' It's not hissy about blades and has worked with anything I've chucked into it. The Williams cream and aftershave are stupidly good for the few euros I paid for them. Anyway - none of that is important.

First use of the Maseto silvertip - paint me purple and call me Susan - I'm impressed. For reference - I bought this from a member that had kindly done the de-funking duties but hadn't used it in anger. It's the 30mm knot with a black handle. It will be compared to my beloved Chubby 2 - Best - the only other brush I own that falls into the same class. I solely face lather. Out the box the tips are exquisitely soft - it comes with an oddly tall drying stand. It's hefty - heavier than the CH2 - the handle is very much Chubby-like but has a more raised rib at the bottom - it's very comfortable and you aren't going to drop it. The knot is indeed very dense. Bulb shaped but I'm sure that will spread to a more fan shape when it's properly broken in. Rinsed it well, gave it a gentle shake and left it upright at the edge of the sink while I showered. Smeared some of the Williams onto the knot and off we went. Superb - it feels - well - luxurious? It's incredibly soft - not in a sloppy or floppy way. I think the relatively short loft takes care of that. It still has face feel but it's like velvet. Don't get me wrong, it is a 'wall of badger' sort of brush but I like that sometimes. The lather built easily and rapidly but it didn't descend into the knot - easily given up. Superb. I'm deeply smitten. My best friend and shave buddy is 50 next month - I know what he's getting for his birthday. In fact he is so dear to me that I might get him a two-band as well - at the price. One for myself also - of course, save on postage. Ultimately it depends on what you like a brush to do for you - if you fancy being lowered face first into a skip full of badgers - I couldn't recommend it too highly. That was only the first use and - dear reader - it didn't shed a hair. cheers - I. Oh - does anybody know what the strange plastic loop thingy that was in the box is for?

@Bizzyberry @AnthH
Nice write-up, @Digimonkey

Greetings

Friday 30th June 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: PAL Super Carbon
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: DR Harris Marlbrough Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Dior Homme Intense

Having now had several shaves with these PAL Super carbon blades I am now quite sure that they are (for me) quite the best SE blade that I have tried, beating the GEM Stainless PTFE Coated blades and the GEM Blue Star Carbon and the Treet Carbon.
After a lot of surfing I was able to obtain a carton of 120 (12 dispensers of 10) from Shenandoah supplies in Staunton Virginia USA the main supplier next to the ASR/Personna/Energiser factory, the kind person there marked them up at a value of One Dollar !!! so I did not get stung for customs, even so they were not cheap but I consider them good enough to justify the expense, and as the advert states, "I'm worth it" :rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.

30.617.JPG

Friday
Mysore Sandalwood Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Nanny's Moroccan Sands Soap
Kent Infinity Synthetic Brush
Feather Scotchwood AC SS with a Feather Pro (#1)
Witch Hazel
Organic Rosehip Oil
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

BBS with 2 passes and a touchup. A wonderful spicy experience:)

Friday
Mysore Sandalwood Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Nanny's Moroccan Sands Soap
Kent Infinity Synthetic Brush
Feather Scotchwood AC SS with a Feather Pro (#1)
Witch Hazel
Organic Rosehip Oil
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

BBS with 2 passes and a touchup. A wonderful spicy experience:)
Mysore Sandalwood soap is grand stuff - my OH liked it so much she bulk-bought a box so we could always have one available for showering. :)

image.jpg SOTD Friday 30th June

Prep....Shower, olive oil soap,
Razor....Coloinal Razors general Brass
Blade....Feather pro Super
Soap....La Savonniere Moulin
Brush....Semouge Owners club badger
Post....Thayers rose petal / BBA psb
Scent....Minoture by Paloma Picasso

This razor has been one of my best buys and I will never let it go, paired with the Feather pro Super it gives perfect close shaves time after time.
The French donkey milk soap produces one of the most luxuriant lathers as wel as being slick and protective and was whipped to perfection in my now favourite lathering bowl from the Little Wren pottery with my trusty SOC badger.
Most of my shaves are now good but today's was perfect, followed with a splash of Rose petal Thayers and then by my indispensable BBA post shave balm.
After such a great shave I thought I woud use one of my favourite scent's, Minotaure.
A perfect finnish to a perfect shave.

Thanks going out to @Aaron1983 for the Thayers, thanks mate. :)

Whishing you all a fab Friday........:)

Last edited:
View attachment 26503 SOTD Friday 30th June

This razor has been one of my best buys and I will never let it go, paired with the Feather pro Super it gives perfect close shaves time after time.
The French donkey milk soap produces one of the most luxuriant lathers as wel as being slick and protective and was whipped to perfection in my now favourite lathering bowl from the Little Wren pottery with my trusty SOC badger.
Most of my shaves are now good but today's was perfect, followed with a splash of Rose petal Thayers and then by my indispensable BBA post shave balm.
After such a great shave I thought I woud use one of my favourite scent's, Minotaure.

My pleasure mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 26503 SOTD Friday 30th June

+ 1 on the SOC 2 band Paul , great brush !!!

Back
Top Bottom