S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd August to Friday 29th August 2014

papman said:
What's the aqua velva musk like sirbrian? Have the blue and like it but I find the smell does not last

The musk is strong scented to me and lasts a good while, cheap as chips from an ebay seller in the US.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aqua-Velva-Musk-After-Shave-3-5-Oz-/281265645502?pt=fragrance&hash=item417cbd27be

Razor - Vintage Parker 13/16 from Japan
Strop - SRW English Bridle 3'
Soap - LEA Hard Soap
Brush - M&F
AS - Alum stick & Bulldog ASB

Fantastic Sunday afternoon shave.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/f_8VNVKeGQw?list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA[/video]​

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: T&H Rose cream
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: Omega 10098 boar
Razor: Fatip on templ8 handle
Blade: Sputnik (2)
After: 4711 AS, Coral Skin Food ASB

As a pre-shave this Murdock oil gets the mood going with a great scent and supple skin. I think it contributes more to a good shave than I've been giving it credit for. Excellent rose scent from this cream matches Coral Skin Food ASB nicely.
I used this blade afresh yesterday in my Cadet OC razor and although the results were good the shave felt very uncomfortable. Transpose this blade into the Fatip and the result was easy BBS and great fun. I think the Cadet will have to be banished to the back of the bathroom manbinet.

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow people.

SOTD140824_zps269a19fb.jpg

Monday morning:

Joseph Elliot's Best Silver 6/8” Wedge
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
Castle Forbes, Lime, cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College ASL
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Face Lather

SOTD-2014-08-25-2-Copy_zps3d68ff77.jpg

Sapone : Mystic Water Orange Vanilla
Pennello : Simpson M7 Briar 2 band in Silvertip
Rasoio : Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple 7/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Dr Harris Arlington

image.php

image.php

fm2efa.jpg

Pre: hot wash with dove soap, Proraso Pre.
Soap: Nanny's signature Bamboo and white grape.
Brush: Vie-Long Horse.
Razor: 1966 Gillette Slim Adjustable.(4)
Blade: Astra Superior (3)

This razor continues to give a nice smooth shave, the Blade seams good too but I will try others in the sample pack once these run out.

No irritation and I am now very familiar with the way my beard grows, so this is also contributing to a satisfactory smooth result.

Jim

Prep- Buldog Face Wash
Soap- Barrister&Mann Roam
Brush- Men-U
Razor- Valet VC2
Blade- Feather [4]
Post- B&M Kyovu AS

Lovely easy two pass shave= BBS, the aftershave is essential oil based and is pleasant and protective. Avoid the puddles today!

Wazzer3 said:
Prep- Buldog Face Wash
Soap- Barrister&Mann Roam
Brush- Men-U
Razor- Valet VC2
Blade- Feather [4]
Post- B&M Kyovu AS

Lovely easy two pass shave= BBS, the aftershave is essential oil based and is pleasant and protective. Avoid the puddles today!

Hi Wazzer, how would you describe the Roam scent? It's described as including tobacco scent, sounds like my kind of soap.

Back
Top Bottom