S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

Well done, it looks fantastic mate. What size knot did you use. You could call it "Top Gear" what do you think?
Yeah! Sound good. It was a 20mm knot, I might have got away with a 21mm but I didn't want to start filling the aluminium and risk scuffing the black finish. Fitted near perfect. Glued it in place, epoxy dried in 10 minutes but left it overnight. It's got a bit of weight to it, could use it as an improvised bludgeoning weapon at a pinch.

Knot was only £7 if memory serves and it was entertaining making it and I've something different than what's on anyone elses shelves. I think I might make more out of other things...MrsB always said I'm a bit unique so would fit having brushes like me :)

Yeah! Sound good. It was a 20mm knot, I might have got away with a 21mm but I didn't want to start filling the aluminium and risk scuffing the black finish. Fitted near perfect. Glued it in place, epoxy dried in 10 minutes but left it overnight. It's got a bit of weight to it, could use it as an improvised bludgeoning weapon at a pinch.

Knot was only £7 if memory serves and it was entertaining making it and I've something different than what's on anyone elses shelves. I think I might make more out of other things...MrsB always said I'm a bit unique so would fit having brushes like me :)
No I think it's fantastic and some more custom jobs will be great, good luck with the project. :)

14kxgsi.jpg

Cheers mate!

I made it about 3 weeks ago. I had a aluminium gear knob from another (failed) project and thought it might make a good brush handle. Bought a black badger knot from flea-bay and introduced them both to epoxy glue. Used it a few times, it's good, I've never mention it as I didn't know what to call it.

Brush: Black Badger Gear Knob (?)

It was fun and a little unique, I've been keeping my eye's open since for anything else that might lend itself to being a brush!

Call it the Maxi,

The first British production car with a five speed gearbox,

The gearnob was probably the best bit.

I took a break from my SEs and injectors to test out my new Feather equipped Krona and further experiment with DIY shave gel. Great results which I have to attribute to both hardware and software. No brush, no lather, head shave best I've had with a DE.

Sent from deep in the rabbit hole using Tapatalk

f4fc3f35eca293cda1180a8f3d9876c5.jpg

Last edited:
Call it the Maxi,

The first British production car with a five speed gearbox,

The gearnob was probably the best bit.
The Austin Maxi was ace. My Dad had one, cruised for miles, looked like a box but was comfortable (not as comfy as the Hillman Hunter he used to have but a far better ride than the Datsun Cherry). 1750cc which was a weird size for a petrol. Ah, remember the vinyl seats taking the skin off the back of my legs on a hot day!

The Austin Maxi was ace. My Dad had one, cruised for miles, looked like a box but was comfortable (not as comfy as the Hillman Hunter he used to have but a far better ride than the Datsun Cherry). 1750cc which was a weird size for a petrol. Ah, remember the vinyl seats taking the skin off the back of my legs on a hot day!

There is someone around here that has a green one, yes I remember vinyl seats, then velour seats.

Austin Maxis were fab, way ahead of its time design wise, bigger than the mini and super soft suspension... Lovely cars, loads of cheap fun motoring :)

I love the tennis racquet type grip on that razor, how was the soap?

The soap and a/s splash both performed really well. I'm not sure about the scent though. Maybe because it was so different that I couldn't even begin to describe it if I even tried.
The splash was a bit chilly but once that died down the skin did feel great.
I'd say 8/10 performance and the jury is out as far as the scent goes :)

Back
Top Bottom