S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

Wolfman / UFO
Morris & Forndran
LPL
ADP
UIBd1nV.jpg
What a lovely brush that is. :)

You know GB I think you're right, the pots were / are good but the original tubs with their own artwork cannot and TBH should not be beaten, some of the P&B artwork is fantastic and as you say even the blues tin has its charm and cannot be improved upon so I fully understand your reasons for moving on, it was good to see your pot colection especially the boots pot, very nice indeed.Baskerville will be a fitting end, the last pot of the day.
BM, I should clarify that I will still be using ceramic pots instead of the plastic ones that many soaps are supplied in...I just wish more soaps were like 'The Fat' and available in a ceramic pot in the first place. They're absolutely fantastic for dunking the whole thing under hot water...especially for hard and cold pressed soaps. Some of the label designs on 'modern' soaps are great, and I do usually keep the original pot...I just transfer some to ceramic pots for day-to-day use.
I will be posting when Baskerville arrives..and it will be in a ceramic pot!:)

I agree, there is something special about a ceramic pot such as the MWF pot, I feel it gives it a touch of the traditional but alas everything has gone the way of the plastic tub, however these do have benefits over the ceramic pots in the way they can be stacked and of course not liabal to break should you drop it. If transferring some of your soap for day to day use into ceramic pots adds something to your shaving experience then why not. Have a nice day Greybeard. :)

Wednesday 26th
"I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues"
Zenith 506A TS
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Standard Razor
Voskhod Teflon Coated #4
Alum > Rinse > Duru Lemon Cologne
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
Blue Stratos EDT
IMG_20161025_211049011e.jpeg

This is a great soap to work with. Lather created in no time. Stubble easily taken care of by 2 smooth passes of the Standard/Voskhod.

Great shaves to all!

Last edited:
SOTD 26/10/16

Hot Towel, OSP Shave Cream 'Sicilian Lemon Grove', Cadman 26mm Silvertip, Gillette Tech, Shark (2), Cold Towel

What a shave! Ladies and gents, we have a genuinely brilliant cream here. Gently scented with a wonderful fresh lemon aroma, performance that puts it right to the top of my 'best cream' list and a post shave that will turn heads:

SOTD 26/10/16

Hot Towel, OSP Shave Cream 'Sicilian Lemon Grove', Cadman 26mm Silvertip, Gillette Tech, Shark (2), Cold Towel

What a shave! Ladies and gents, we have a genuinely brilliant cream here. Gently scented with a wonderful fresh lemon aroma, performance that puts it right to the top of my 'best cream' list and a post shave that will turn heads:

Enjoyed the video @nick_s , the OSP soap is superb, will get the cream to try soon.
Regards Pat..:)

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Voskhod
Brush - 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap – Ginger's Garden Octavia Noir
Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

'El Monstruo', my Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan, has finally arrived, and it whipped up a storm with Ginger's Garden Octavia Noir, but all was not rosy.. The Weber/Voskhod combo felt tuggy, and Ginger's Garden didn't seem to offer enough protection, even though the lather was very thick, and lush. Which is a shame, because the post shave feel is wonderful...

Back
Top Bottom