S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

20161027_SOTDS_zpsa0mmavgn.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH1 Brass
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Last edited:
SOTD: 27th October 2016.
Thursday's Shave..JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/Wingman (Jetfuel) Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Blade: Derby Extra. (new).

Brush: Chinese unbranded synthetic.

Soap: Proraso menthol & eucalyptus+ 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap tub .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post: Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./Arko (fresh)aftershave balm.

A/S: Proraso menthol & eucalyptus .

A menthol thursday shave today,the M&E Proraso soap/croap like all of the Proraso soap's is a excellent performer, giving me a wonderful 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report, i've been pretty impressed with the Chinese unbranded synthetic brush, 1 of the 3 that my mate kindly gave me, i shall be trying out one of the Horse-hair brushes, at the weekend. Enjoy your day, gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Omega 49er
Scottish fine soaps classic,
Acmenso 11/16
Alum,
Thayers witch hazel,

A late shave, a 4 day shave, the 49er is now getting soft at the ends, still with plenty of backbone though, there is something great about taking 4 days of growth off with a straight, muscle memory seems to have kicked in and I am no longer struggling to find the correct position, I still had issues around my chin area, where moving around the curve was more mechanical than I would have liked, I now seem to have stroppers arm, where the hairs going up my arm seem to have gone, in testing if the blade is sharp.

Thur 27th Oct

Stirling Synthetic 26mm
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Gem CPMM -brass
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Spending some time with SE razors after an Injector spell. It is quite nice to realise now
that one can pick up a different razor and be certain of getting a good shave. Maybe some of the milder ones require more work to get a real close shave .

The CP provides a very smooth and comfortable shave, which is not only irritation free but is also close all round. I am wondering whether or not the use vintage razors such as these will
decline due the the emergence of so many Modern SE razors ,which use a different form of blade. Currently I am more than happy to go along with my oldies , as I not only enjoy using them but they provide me with nice shaves too.

IMG_0947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom