S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

Pot of the day...
Decided not to do any more pots...got too many and tbh I'm starting to feel like it to could go on for ever and bore the hell out of everyone. If I'm really honest, I think many of the original branded pots that soaps are sold in are really cool and iconic and therefore shouldn't be messed with. My next POTD was going to be my second Spitfire, and then my third sailing ship, and then Omega...but just look at the standard pot and label: cool in itself...same for Blue's soap in its 'boot polish' tin and simple label...can't be improved on. In future I am going to use my pots for my own interest and not try to suggest they are any more than a personal fad. Maybe one more post, particularly in respect to TSR, but I need to move on to other things, ya'll. One more post in honour of TSR, then I want to move on. My last post will be Baskerville...when it turns up!
You know GB I think you're right, the pots were / are good but the original tubs with their own artwork cannot and TBH should not be beaten, some of the P&B artwork is fantastic and as you say even the blues tin has its charm and cannot be improved upon so I fully understand your reasons for moving on, it was good to see your pot colection especially the boots pot, very nice indeed.Baskerville will be a fitting end, the last pot of the day.

Monday, October 24:

a8d147c8637d6fecb01878d1a8c6907f.jpeg

-Super Speed with a new Feather
-Nathan Clark Envy White
-Mickey Lee, The Drunken Goat
-Stirling Gentleman POS and AS

The Drunken Goat soap smells like somebody is baking cookies! [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOTD: 25th October 2016.
Tuesday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/Wingman (Jetfuel) Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Razor: Parker 98R.

Blade: Derby Extra. (new).

Brush: Chinese unbranded synthetic.

Cream:Erasmic + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./The Real Shaving co.post shave soothing balm.

A/S : Calvin Klein Eternity.

It's been a while since i last used the Erasmic cream,i forgot how good of a performer it is, the slickness & protection are excellent,the Derby blade worked brilliantly with my 98R, giving me a effortless 3 pass + pick up's shave, with no errors to report, finishing off with generous splash of CK Eternity.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tues 25th Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Speick Active Soap
Ever Ready/Gem Push Button
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Not sure that after today`s shave I really need one of the New SE Razors, though I have a Hawk on order.
Used the Push Button with a quite well worn blade. It is known as a mild razor, which suits me as despite having a tough heavy beard , I am able to use it to do those polishing passes essential in getting a close shave. With the ultra slick lather provided by the Speick, the shave was not only smooth and comfortable but up there in terms of all round finish.

Whilst I am getting good and enjoyable shaves from my old SE & Injectors , I think I will stick with them- though I like the looks of some of the New Kids on the Blocks. I would lash out on a Bunny if it came to Market, being lucky enough to have used it on Pass Around. Anyway, I think I probably have enough Gems/ Injector blades to last me out , and do I really need to stock up on other types of blade.

IMG_0944.jpg

Shave of the day - Tuesday 25th October 2016

Prep - Hot Shower
Pre Shave - Musgo Real Classic Scent Oil Soap and Bloom Water
Razor - Merkur Slant
Razor Blade - Personna Super Med Prep (2)
Brush - Crown King Spindle Suave Synthetic 26mm
Soap - PAA CAD
Witch Hazel - Thayers Unscented
Aftershave - Lucky Tiger Aspen
Balm - Morgans Daily Moisturiser

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

image.jpg SOTD Tuesday 25th October 2016

Razor.. Hone Type 15
Blade..Gillette Rubie #1
Soap..OSP Neroli
Brush.. Kenk BK 8
Post..Thayers lavender AF WH
EDP Oud 24 hours

A clean and effective shave leaving me well shaven, everything working in perfect harmony.

Wishing you a good day. Over and out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom