Regards
Dick.

IMG_0445.JPG

Prep- Prorasso Crema
Soap- MdC & menthol/glycerine
Razor- Murkur Futur
Blade- Personna PC [5]
Post- alum, Prorasso Crema

Good smooth shave, menthol all the way! Impressed with this blade and think I can get a sixth shave out of it.

IMG_20140625_103131_331.jpg

Noxzema cleanser as pre shave
Omega 49 brush
Proraso Sandalwood
37c slant
Gillette Platinum (6)
Witch hazel
Hai Karate AS splash

I must say the HK after shave smells very very nice, nicer than Clubman or Broot to which is similar, last for few hours as well, £2.99, grab one while they here.[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Razor Hayashi Diamond 1072 half hollow 6/8
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush custom Le Tuft Blue 8 Shavemac DO1 knot
Soap Boellis Panama 1924
Witch hazel
L'Occitane Baux aftershave balm
Scent Diptyque Tam Dao EDP.​

Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
La Toja Stick (grated)
Vulfix Grosvenor handle w/ TGN 22mm Finest Badger
ATT M2 Kronos
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (4)
Pen's Opus 1870 ASB
Pen's Opus 1870 EdT

Went easy today as still had a little irritation from yesterday's shave. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

Yesterday's Holiday Shave​

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: La Toja Stick
Brush: MÜHLE Travel synthetic
Razor: Gillette Guard cartridge (3)
After: Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS, Coral Skin Food ASB

Final day in Florence, using my travel kit.
Dependably great performance from La Toja and Guard gave a DFS not far from a BBS. Forgot to put the brush in the photo, duh!

Ciao, Italy.

P1000473_zps85f8d36c.jpg

IMG_6354.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap (Bradford, yay!)
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall
Wilkinson Sword Hollow Ground
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & modified XTG

First, many thanks to my pal who I affectionately now call 'The Whetter'. He honed up a couple of hollow ground blades that came with my Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall set and he's done a great job! Blimey! They're sharp!

First pass was brutal - practically baby smooth in one pass over a couple of days' growth. I realised I'd forgotten to set the blade aggression and had it on full volume. I dropped it down for a second pass across the grain and came up smiling. Lovely job.

Yes, it was strong, yes it was a little rough. Stropped after use, I think the second shave will be nicer.

Thank you, mate. Much enjoyed. You've brought my pride and joy into normal and proper use.

pjgh said:
Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall
Wilkinson Sword Hollow Ground

First pass was brutal -

Yes, it was strong, yes it was a little rough. Stropped after use, I think the second shave will be nicer.

Paul, you remind me of a very close friend who would always try the hottest peppers or sauces. Must be pretty vampire like for you to comment about the shave as you did.

Heh, I hope the poor new members who don't know your act won't follow some of your examples.

Martin

Kind of a vegan vampire ... no blood, but she scratched hard ... in a good way :D

I rather enjoyed the sensation - it was literally a razor edge between brutal and skin graft. Absolutely no nicks and actually no irritation. More like a good old kinky slap around ...

Cold rinse and healing Veg' felt great after. Couple of hours later, I'm smooth, soft and know it's going to feel great in the morning (it's 23:30 here now).

In a "safety razor" a hollow ground or wedge does need skin stretching ... it's NOT going to work like a thin blade SE or DE shave.

Back
Top Bottom