S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st October to Friday 7th October 2016

Tuesday AM 2016-10-04

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Porcelain Finest (22mm/45mm)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/UFO Colibri
Wilkinson Light Brigade (3)
Pierre Cardin aftershave (vintage)

This is an excellent shaving soap, having a very nice fragrance and making great lather.
3S5Vx0y.jpg

Greetings Mike

Could it be that those early Krona Blades are uncoated stainless? I do know for sure that some of the very earliest Krona blades were carbon and it might be the case that the first stainless offerings from Schick were uncoated stainless. We are so used to modern stainless blades being coated with Platinum, Chromium, PTFE etc that we tend to forget it was not always the case. As an example of what an uncoated stainless blade is like the modern uncoated stainless versions of the SE GEM blades we buy today are just awful to try and shave with.

Just a thought they may be coated and still crap!

Regards
Dick.
Hi Dick,
Thanks for that. They are described as Super Stainless Steel,with Krona coated edge,whatever that means.
Second time I have not completed a Shave with them, and have done so with some dodgy razors like an Enders, so have come to the conclusion the blades may well be Crap.

Regards- Mike

Hi Dick,
Thanks for that. They are described as Super Stainless Steel,with Krona coated edge,whatever that means.
Second time I have not completed a Shave with them, and have done so with some dodgy razors like an Enders, so have come to the conclusion the blades may well be Crap.

Regards- Mike
Greetings
I see, that explains it then if the edges are only dipped in 50's fizzy pop or Mexican beer they are bound to be crap!:D

Regards
Dick.

...Could it be that those early Krona Blades are uncoated stainless? I do know for sure that some of the very earliest Krona blades were carbon and it might be the case that the first stainless offerings from Schick were uncoated stainless...

If he would post a photo of the blade and its packaging I could tell you.

My SOTD:

Gillette Made in China branded Tech
RazoRock synthetic brush
Palmolive shave soap
Two blades used, one bad & one a notch better: Lion stainless from South Africa which was obviously uncoated (not counting machine oil :rolleyes: ). Rough blade which reminded me of the old uncoated carbon blades. Only managed a few passes.
The next blade was a vintage Russian Rapira Stainless which was not much better. Both blades gifted to me. Lousy overall shave. :(

Evening Everyone
NSS Signature Warm Spice
Semogue 1470
Face lather
1912 Ever Ready SE (U.S)
Gem Personna SE #1
Alum block, Thayer's, Tabac a/s

Silly soap only in name. This is good stuff...quite thirsty, but after a couple of dips of the tips it produced a nice glossy thick and protective cushion for the 1912.

I love the sound of scraping toast in the evening .

20161004_204013.jpg

Evening chaps,
Welcome to 'I need a few minutes alone time before I punch something' shave.:mad:

Prep: Hot shower and Nivea face scrub.
Pre: King of Shaves oil and hot towel
Razor: ATT Kronos S2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Trufitt & Hill 'Grafton'

Great shave. The S2 is just amazing (@Shave to the grave sorry but it is:p).
Big fan of the cream, loads of cushion and slickness.
I now feel a lot more relaxed and smoother.:)

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom