S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

Sun 19th Feb

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Schick N3
Schick Twin [ 7- Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Knew after the first two strokes that this was going to be a good Sunday Morning Shave . The Twin blade is holding out very well, and it feels very effective with each stroke. Feel sure that the shaving experience is enhanced by the slick lather from the Vitos , which seems to be out of favour. Still it suits me and reeminds me of the smell associated with a Barbers shop.

IMG_1167.jpg

Last edited:
7ee90f14feadba821e9a0070f7c1b5f0.jpeg

-Irving Barber Company
-Jayaruh 400 Tuxedo
-Tabac
-British Sterling

Have a great new week. [emoji41]

Sunday AM 2017-02-19

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26mm/67mm)
Eufros Premium Rosa Bourbon shaving soap sample
Feather AS-D2/Stork Consul Titanium
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Cussons aftershave (vintage)

The soap has a wonderful rose fragrance and made excellent lather. Of the six samples of Jabonman soaps sent to me by a friend, this is probably my favorite.
1ooFncG.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday PM
Pre : Shower
Soap : Tabac Original
Brush :Muhle SOPHIST Silvertip with African Blackwood Handle
Razor :Mongoose fitted with Maggard Aluminium handle
Blade :Kai Captain Mild Luffy
Hypnose Homme Apres Rasage
With three days growth, I thought I would give the Luffy blades a go. I previously tried the feather SoftGuard and couldn't get on with them.
These Kai Luffy's were great, gave me a really smooth shave with no weepers or irritation.
Also this is the second time I have used the Tabac and very pleased with it, easy to lather and good slickness !
P1060823_zps6hvdc15s.jpg

Razor: Timeless .95 OC w/ Hempel Ti Handle
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Steel (19)
Brush: Shavemac Zebra Honeycomb 2 Band
Soap: Reef Point Soap Tranquility
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Capri
Against The Grain Shave towel

The Shavemac Zebra 2 Band is an outstanding shave brush. It whipped up the Reef Point Soap Tranquility in no time into a thick creamy lather. Folsom & Co. Capri is truly an excellent aftershave, and one of my favorites.

19 02 17a.jpg

Sunday's shave - had limited time this morning, switched back to the Rocca R95 for a 2 pass shave, from the Hone, which is an excellent razor, but works a little mild for me and I need more passes (YMMV).

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (Green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Astra SP (day 3).
Soap - Proraso (Green) Classic Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus Tea Tree Menthol Aftershave Tonic and organic aloe vera.

NIce shave, close, comfortable shave.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom