S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

Razor: Timeless .95 OC w/ Hempel Ti Handle
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Steel (18)
Brush: El Druida Cocololo Manchurian
Soap: Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
Fendrihan Shave towel
I'll keep on using this razor and blade until it starts to pull and tug. The El Druida Cocololo Manchurian is a pleasure to use. It is one of the best brushes in my den. The Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop performed very well all week.
I'll start tomorrow with some new hardware and software.

View attachment 23667
Greetings

That super photo makes you think that spring is just around the corner; well at least it is for us in the UK but I strongly suspect you will have to wait quite a bit longer! I know it's all a question of what you are used to but I'm sure that I could no longer cope with your winters.

Regards
Dick (grown soft in Norfolk)

View attachment 23669 SOTD FEB 19th

Razor Asylum shave works RX ( shave 4 )
Feather proguard #4
Soap Figaro P.160 (tallow)
Brush Omega 21762 pure bristle
Post Thayers lavender
EDP One million, Paco Rabanne

A close and trouble free shave the razor, blade and soap working in perfect harmony, I love Sunday shaves!

Have a great Sunday chaps...
Great setup and picture with a beautiful brush.

8Mq3Gf1h.jpg

Sunday morning how are you going to get any better?

ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather pro (8)
Semogue 1470
Highland bothy soap
Thayers WH, Dove ASB
D R Harris sandalwood
2017-02-15 21.31.46(2).jpg
Nice Sunday shave, the highland bothy soap has a strong open peat fire scent with the addition of the Aberfeldy scotch malt whisky added into the mix.My DE razors are feeling a bit left out at the moment, it's all down to the SE1 being so god dam good.

HAVE A NICE RELAXING SUNDAY FELLAS

SOTD: 19th Febuary 2017.
B.2.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Soap: Derby Shaving Stick.

Face Lather.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: 1972 Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech (England).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Hai Karate A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm.

Good Morning,
today's shave is a 60's-70's theme i've used a vintage razor,then finishing off with a vintage aftershave..a wonderful easy silky smooth shave with no errors to report.The Hai Karate aftershave was inspired by Shaverrific666 after adding it to one of his SOTD last week..I've had a bottle since last christmas.which i aquired from my local Poundland..yesterday i had another look in and to my delight they still had 2 bottles so i snapped them up..I'm well" Hai Karated up" now!..a very baby talcum powder menthol fragrance... irresistible for the ladies.:D
I've hired some bodyguards to stop the ladies from making passionate advances towards me.My face feels smooth & fresh.Enjoy your sunday,gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 19th Febuary 2017.
View attachment 23672

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Soap: Derby Shaving Stick.

Face Lather.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: 1972 Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech (England).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Hai Karate A/S.

Gillette Sensitive Balm.

Good Morning,
today's shave is a 60's-70's theme i've used a vintage razor,then finishing off with a vintage aftershave..a wonderful easy silky smooth shave with no errors to report.The Hai Karate aftershave was inspired by Shaverrific666 after adding it to one of his SOTD last week..I've had a bottle since last christmas.which i aquired from my local Poundland..yesterday i had another look in and to my delight they still had 2 bottles so i snapped them up..I'm well" Hai Karated up" now!..a very baby talcum powder menthol fragrance... irresistible for the ladies.:D
I've hired some bodyguards to stop the ladies from making passionate advances towards me.My face feels smooth & fresh.Enjoy your sunday,gentlemen.:cool:

Nicely done Sir, and thanks for the mention!:cool:

tiMEqH.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum

What a scent on this soap, so sweet and no tobacco that I can tell, smells a bit boozy to me, it's probably the plum notes.

Great shave with the 34C, it certainly has come into it's own lately. Rockwell tomorrow I think.

Sunday 19 February 2017

7wRRf8gPXxMEiVpwtgZKwG3YItUtB2We6jNevu4FIvKI98TZFOxKd3uH8UmejBe9CMAyYsGfY5v_QC8ttS1fvSy0EQAYmsmK1A=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi ArtInox Stainless Steel Damascus, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

Yesterday I finally received the phone call I was waiting since a quite long time. Mastro Livi phoned me and said he had finished making my straight razor. You know what happened next: I drove straight to Mastro Livi's laboratory in order to admire and pick up the latest Mastro Livi masterpiece for my collection. This breathtaking straight razor is a Mastro Livi ArtInox Stainless Steel Damascus, that is a damascus completely made of martensitic stainless steels therefore suited for hardening and tempering, perfect for making cutting edges. Mastro Livi calls his totally artisan made stainless damascus steel "ArtInox". I love the pattern: a subtle and elegant stripe pattern changing its aspect according to the reflection of light. Scales are made of stabilized poplar in blue gray color, simply perfect for the blade. Mastro Livi rules and strikes again with this masterpiece second to none. A gorgeous and perfect shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Sapone da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger "Pennello Italiano", 24mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi ArtInox Stainless Steel Damascus, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Back
Top Bottom