S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

Evening gents,
This evening's shave was sorely needed after a real hard day in the fields.
Must admit I am so sad that I was looking forward to it all day.
Couple of reasons, firstly I received several goodies I had ordered in today's post, but also one I had not expected, namely, a sample of executive shavings bay rum shaving cream. As a newbie to this whole de concept, I've only used the tabac soap to date. So tonight I thought I would give the freebie a whirl.
YouTube tutorial later, getting the best lather so far, piece of cake this cream stuff!
So back out with the mule r89 with the feather blade on its second outing.
3 pass, one slight weeper, but my de style still sucks! Keep getting areas not close enough, but I will get there.
Follow up with the superdrug 2 in 1 after shave balm/ moisturiser which smells brill.
Finished off with my flavour of the month scent, Herod.
I have just been classed as smelling good enough to eat!!!!
Ps, the sample smelt slightly like cloves but in a very pleasant way.
Have a good one chaps.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Argan Oil
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn - W.Indian Lime
Bowl: Greek Pottery
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: Gem Junior Bar + ATT Bamboo handle
Blade: Gem (1)
After: WH, Myrsol F./Extra AS, C&E W.Indian Lime ASB

This razor was free with another I bought from eBay and shaves better than razors I have for well over £100. Easy to load, easy to use and BBS results.
I think the Argan oil reduced the latherability of this shaving cream but was still usable. However this didn't stop the Gem Junior Bar giving top performance. Now that is class.

Have a great weekend folks.

690fc222-649e-420c-aa87-21421fb061d5_zpsqo4wahrf.jpg

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock S/P Black
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Van Yulay – Achilles
Post - Cold water rinse, Tallow + Steel – Dark Aftershave

OUTSTANDING!! Achilles is a wonderful soap... excellent protection, and outstanding post shave feel... in fact, I didn't really feel the need for anything after the shave, but I decided to use the 'Dark' anyway.. Hell Yeah! :D

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Argan Oil
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn - W.Indian Lime
Bowl: Greek Pottery
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: Gem Junior Bar + ATT Bamboo handle
Blade: Gem (1)
After: WH, Myrsol F./Extra AS, C&E W.Indian Lime ASB

This razor was free with another I bought from eBay and shaves better than razors I have for well over £100. Easy to load, easy to use and BBS results.
I think the Argan oil reduced the latherability of this shaving cream but was still usable. However this didn't stop the Gem Junior Bar giving top performance. Now that is class.

Have a great weekend folks.

690fc222-649e-420c-aa87-21421fb061d5_zpsqo4wahrf.jpg
Blimey that's some piece of apparatus!

4I9Mx1.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Two Band Badger (Cherry)
Razor: iKon X3 w/ Ladas (2)
Soap: Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh
Post: Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh balm and cologne

I love this scent from Crabtree & Evelyn, lovely lovely lovely. The soap is superb and the brush lathers with no effort at all. I think I was lucky to get the newer reformulation of the soap when I purchased it, no issues at all.

I broke out the X3 today because I fancy getting shot of either the X3 or 102, I have to say that I find the X3 a fair bit comfier to use than the 102.
I like them both but only want to keep one...

Razor: Timeless .95 OC w/ Hempel Ti Handle
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Steel (18)
Brush: El Druida Cocololo Manchurian
Soap: Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
Fendrihan Shave towel
I'll keep on using this razor and blade until it starts to pull and tug. The El Druida Cocololo Manchurian is a pleasure to use. It is one of the best brushes in my den. The Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop performed very well all week.
I'll start tomorrow with some new hardware and software.

18 02 17a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom