S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

My first shave of the day post!

Warm shower, Baxters of California face wash, bloom water.
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Soap.
Semogue 610
Merkur Progress (2.5)
Permasharp (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (Unscented)
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Aftershave.

Felt compelled to post my first shave of the day as its the closest so far I have come to a perfect shave. I have really enjoyed my DE shaving experience and as my technique has improved, with both lathering and shaving itself, I have had some lovely shaves. But this morning, I couldn't find fault and I'm BBS.
The soap is fantastic and I face lathered for 3 smooth and very comfortable passes plus pick ups on my normal troublesome area. Not a hint of irritation. Nice tingle from the menthol in the aftershave.
I feel great! And a big thank you to all you guys for the help and advice along the way. Have a great Sunday!
Congratulations on your first SOTD post, may there be many more. :)
Thank you Blademonkey!

Sunday 18 June 2017

VSB4Vu5tMic5rIx0Rbr5Y6FeTAW7_UF8W6oQa-EqgS5rprVmf-4QxcqWHI-aM8yQs0jItOelqsYB6pdyb238ZNF64daNWY42nQ=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60: Shaving Like a King!

Today this Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 gave me a king's shave. Grifetto will never fail to amaze me, both for the pleasure of using it and for the magnificence of its super smooth shave. I have to admit, the pleasure of this shave was also thanks to the P.160 Professional soap, in my opinion the very best shave soap of all times, no soap in the world can beat it. Super performance in lathering - rich, creamy, luxurious, moisturizing and velvety - it seems like it was conceived for straight razor shaving. It is not by chance, in fact, this incredible shave soap was conceived in the 1970s and destined to professional barbers who, at those times, were using straight razors. It is a pity - way too bad - they discontinued making this fabulous soap. Not to mention the excellence I got with the unparalleled performance of Floïd aftershave and the Mastro Livi Eco-Silvertip brush. A truly king's shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nuova Elberel P.160 Professional
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Eco-Silvertip, Bois De Rose, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Camel Bone
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Sunday 18 June 2017

VSB4Vu5tMic5rIx0Rbr5Y6FeTAW7_UF8W6oQa-EqgS5rprVmf-4QxcqWHI-aM8yQs0jItOelqsYB6pdyb238ZNF64daNWY42nQ=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60: Shaving Like a King!

Today this Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 gave me a king's shave. Grifetto will never fail to amaze me, both for the pleasure of using it and for the magnificence of its super smooth shave. I have to admit, the pleasure of this shave was also thanks to the P.160 Professional soap, in my opinion the very best shave soap of all times, no soap in the world can beat it. Super performance in lathering - rich, creamy, luxurious, moisturizing and velvety - it seems like it was conceived for straight razor shaving. It is not by chance, in fact, this incredible shave soap was conceived in the 1970s and destined to professional barbers who, at those times, were using straight razors. It is a pity - way too bad - they discontinued making this fabulous soap. Not to mention the excellence I got with the unparalleled performance of Floïd aftershave and the Mastro Livi Eco-Silvertip brush. A truly king's shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nuova Elberel P.160 Professional
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Eco-Silvertip, Bois De Rose, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Camel Bone
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine
+1 for the P.160 shaving soap, I am lucky enough to have some and aggree with all you say about it :)

+1 for the P.160 shaving soap, I am lucky enough to have some and agree with all you say about it :)

I am very happy to see I am not alone! :)
Those who had (and still have) the privilege and luck of using P.160 know what we are talking about! ;)
I still have a small chunk of my beloved P.160 and I am using it very very parsimoniously!

Semogue 610
Merkur Progress (2.5)
Permasharp (1)

Felt compelled to post my first shave of the day as its the closest so far I have come to a perfect shave. I have really enjoyed my DE shaving experience and as my technique has improved, with both lathering and shaving itself, I have had some lovely shaves. But this morning, I couldn't find fault and I'm BBS.
The soap is fantastic and I face lathered for 3 smooth and very comfortable passes plus pick ups on my normal troublesome area. Not a hint of irritation. Nice tingle from the menthol in the aftershave.
I feel great! And a big thank you to all you guys for the help and advice along the way. Have a great Sunday!
Nice gear for the first post!

It's too warm for me....:cool:;)

Prep: Warm shower and L'oreal charcoal fase wash
Razor: ATT S2 / Atlas handle
Razor blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Elite Manchurian
Cream EXTRO Bergamotto di Calabria

Want a no nonsense shave today. Went with the ATT S2 and it didn't let me down. I did catch my bottom lip which need a stiptic match to sort out.

The Extro cream was excellent. Really impressed....and you know how hard to please I am.

Enjoy your weekend gents.

Cheers
Rob

Morning gentlemen,
This was actually last nights shave, but we had been invited out to a wedder roast at friends, and I simply ran out of time to post.
I had nearly three days growth so decided on the fatip grande loaded with a timor blade.
First time using one of these blades. Very easily whipped up a fantastic slick lather with the Sterling soap.
The immediate thought was wow, this is really close, then the blood literally started to run from several real cuts! Thought I must of been taking liberties so really eased up, lathered up again, more really bad bleeds.
Decided was obviously doing something very wrong and gave up as there was definitely no stubble left!.
Eventually stemmed blood flow from six cuts on face and neck.
When I came to take the razor apart I noticed the blade was totally on a skew, one side little bit of blade, other end a couple of mil of blade showing. Tried in vain to get it to centralise, but impossible?.
Interesting times.
Fatip grand
Timor blade #1
Sterling lime soap
Omega boar brushView attachment 26135
Atkinson our save the king.
I feel your pain @vassili :D after my initial euphoria with this razor began to wane, I realised it's never going to work for me- it's just too much like hard work! Mine will never see daylight again...:eek::D

Semogue 610
Merkur Progress (2.5)
Permasharp (1)

Thank you Blademonkey!

Great first post! Some excellent choices with the gear. Keep posting, and widening your (and our) education....

Back
Top Bottom