S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

I've just had one of my best all time shaves. Possibly Top 5 territory.
Everything went well all at the same time, and the feeling is great!

wilko coconut and vanilla body butter
Truefitt & Hill No10 cream
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Merkur 37c/Shark SS (2)
Homemade witch hazel/tea tree
Proraso Green ASL

Three faultless passes executed, and every stroke was a pleasure.
The 95p body butter worked some kind of magic, and it complemented the scent of the No 10 very well. I'll be using it regularly in future.
The Shark blade was on its second outing, having used it in my DE89 yesterday.
Paired with the 37c it was the perfect definition of sooth and efficient.
The 37C is definitely my favourite razor. It's much smoother than the DE89, and more predictable than the Futur.
I will be using the same set up tomorrow to see if I can replicate today's insanely great shave!

What you said - the Truefitt & Hill No. 10 cream doesn't get its due praise. I must dig mine out for my next shave. cheers - I.

At my buddy's house in Phnom Penh, up at 4:30am, third day massive jet lag , situation calls for a one pass shave, and the SABI/Mastiff head on the Rockwell handle gets me near BBS in that one pass with shave oil only. Permasharp with one shim.

128946bc9cc8d1e16ae1ff25f5311192.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
18th June 2017.
B.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Strawberry & Pomegranate Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Ingram~Menthol Lather Cream.

Blade: Bic~Chrome Platinum. (1)

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Superdrug~Sierran Breeze A/S.

Arko~'Fresh' A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A wonderful match with my Gillette slim twist/Bic C.P. duo..

It's incredible that a 40 years + razor, can still give a excellent shave with such smoothness and efficiency.

Another effortless 3 pass+ pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Razor: ED89
Blade: Feather
Soap: mhule sea buckthorn
Brush: L'occitane plissoft

Great Shave today. I haven't used the feather blade since starting out and trying to find one that worked. Clearly it was my inexperience that was holding me back as today's Shave was fantastic, efficient and smooth. The brush always performs well and the soap was part of a sample box. Great performance but not sure of the smell. Smells a bit like wine that's a bit off and far too sweet

Semogue Brush. It took me a while to get used to as I found it hard up to the first 6 shaves. I preserved and now its rotated regularly in my set ups.

Edwin Jagger Safety (not sure which model)
Shark Super blade (0)
T&F oil
T&F Trafalgar soap.
Alum block
T&F Trafalgar balm.
T&F Cologne.
My usual weekend routine it varies in the week. Love the Trafalgar range my weekend go to.

Love the Shark blades, I get about 5 shaves out of 1.

The Jagger is an alternative found in my shaving box, only used a couple of times. Heavier than my muhle R41.

Great shave, 2 passes and done.

Off to play golf now.....have a great fathers day whatever your doing....

Slightly off point, do people change their stuff from week to weekend or us it justo me?

image.jpg SOTD 18th June

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Supply SE polished (#3 plate)
Blade....Feather Pro Super
Soap....Dusy Kabinett
Brush....Omega Pro 49
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Fine Platinium

A fab Sunday shave with my shiny Supply fitted out with the pro super, and what a shave...perfect!
The Dusy Kabinett is just as good as the now discontinued Klar Kabinett imo, light rose scent and great lather.
Finnishing off with the BBA psb and a good splash of Fine Platinium .

Have a great day people.........:)

Last edited:
5DfxurGIbuJ6xKaWiqFMYJM5VsME3Bh0MW6hqHafEMy5HD48oKqOgHB8HFz5ETukD_jXRcnjHn0dxHSk2TmlPV44eZm7mbMLBt9g0ymo30aoFa003cr2TZhz3MC0Xm5AD19XcN7M_9-cHFQIKDboIHQLWc8QaQrZptCtz8LvWyNS9R3hoxQMCCZZmxA8qAorTNazPTPFjn_GnxCVX55KSyxJ4Zzv3FPlfZQ3ZcwknaZ8xD1to7kbp_qWFeut3UUfKGJLV0XjiqxGQPAJv_k3FGRCWgYllwU7RRSGOpQENqpIApEAwmEMbp5iDsbMGMoQ3zp1yeuZU0zDOb174GZB-iWcD16xzS0M0sSzbXT1ZnoDsRBxkwyr2loIXUJ6xMoWYw3DohBM4hOL6NeYjkF6VZA93pmO6ehiEryt_OqblUUv2-I1Jx5ie7oliwuKF_bZ31wRd3myj2mFm6IVvyitPIUqJevchot9XMiwpaNkGO-VGm8Ji1Ax6QbiIdYa_rwOB8QITsRB8eevm6rKxObZCySi0R6cvuWSg4zUq_VLZAjPjXAA4KiRK29AS-19OYzlGNnWZU_Qf4oS4UPEWjTNPPHrRqh7JmD_NYNCG8OonHaXvNVWXNL8RQ=w815-h659-no

Brush: Omega 40033
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: TFS Mattino

A bit of glamour to proceedings today, a good soap, small though and light to medium scent. Nice and fresh. No rhyme an reason to pair it with Myrsol Plastic, just fancied it. Great shave again with razor and blade combo.

S.O.T.D -
Pre - cool shower / face rinse
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade - Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Brush - Semogue 1470
Bowl - Korium Shaving Bowl
Soap - Phoenix & Beau Albion Sample
Post - Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion
149777511069757[1].jpg
I don't normally shave every day but I have the last few days and its been ok I was going to use tobs peppermint or proraso today as its red hot but decided to give another sample a go and use the nivea 2 phase to cool down I'm really liking this stuff , the p&b albion soap was great I don't like lavender but this was ok the bergamot and grapefruit sort of covered it was a good shave ... :D

Back
Top Bottom