S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

Sunday;

6_B08_FC0_E-039_F-45_CE-_BB65-_ACDEECD7_AE84.jpg

Supply ••
Schick B-20 (#4)
RazoRock Bc Synth
Leodis (@traditionalshaving)
Boots Freshwood balm (@Boru62)

First try of the Leodis. The smell is great but not what I'd usually go for. It smells to me like some shower gels, not that it's a bad thing! A fingertip sized blob made copious lather which I flung everywhere. As others have reported I'd say, yes slickness up the wazoo. Cushion a little light but nothing major especially when laid on thick. Post-shave I was thinking of doing without but felt a smidge dry so ended up with some Boots Freshwood balm courtesy of Kevin, cheers pal!
Fourth use of the B-20 and it only feels slightly different to the first. Still razor sharp and mowing down stubble with apparent abandon. Great blade in a great razor, which is donning it's carry-case for this photo shoot! (@micheal)

Have a good one today chaps, take it breezy!

~ Shave of the Day - 15.10.2017 ~

Pre - Wickhams Gentle Glycerine Face Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Voskhod Teflon Coated (3)
Brush - YaQi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap - RazoRock Mudder Focker
Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse / Aloe Vera Gel
Edt - Paul Smith Extreme

Well that was a mudder focking good shave , not much to take off only done 2 passes and a clean up pass this razorock soap is excellent just like the others I have but not sure if I like the scent of this one yet its a strange smell ...

Wishing you all a Mudder Focking Good Sunday :D

SOTD: 151017
SOTD 151017 2.jpg
Prep: Hot shower with L'Occitane and hot towel facial treatment
Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: S.V. Cosmo
Brush: S.V. Rosewood
Bowl: S.V. Holy Grail
EDT: Creed Aventos

I have been in search of my "Holy Grail" shave for quite sometime and today I think I may have found it.

Lets start with my newly acquired S.V. brush and @Blackmass it is everything and more of what you have always said about this brush. Thank you so much mate for bringing it to my attention in the first place. I promise to stop nagging you to sell yours now. :wink: (however you do have many more on my radar :D)

I am totally swept away with its performance. Feather touch bristles, unbelievable ability to whip up a lather in seconds, the backbone and loft height is spot on and what impressed me the most was its flow through. I am in total awe with this brush and it is certainly a keeper for me.

I enjoyed it that much that I had to have a 4 pass shave. wtg/xtg/atg/xtg so my shave would last that little bit longer.
BBS easily achieved with the MMOC, what a wonderful efficient razor she is.

Soap is amongst the best I have ever used. Wonderful cushion, slickness and the post shave feel is sublime. If I had any small criticism then I would like the scent profile increased.

The bowl definitely sticks up for its name, the clever design and ergonomics is superb. Lather whipped up into creamy godliness in no time.

Finished off this special shave with a special scent.
Truly magnificent.

Enjoy your shaves :)

View attachment 30041

I have been in search of my "Holy Grail" shave for quite sometime and today I think I may have found it.

Lets start with my newly acquired S.V. brush and @Blackmass it is everything and more of what you have always said about this brush. Thank you so much mate for bringing it to my attention in the first place. I promise to stop nagging you to sell yours now. :wink: (however you do have many more on my radar :D)

I am totally swept away with its performance. Feather touch bristles, unbelievable ability to whip up a lather in seconds, the backbone and loft height is spot on and what impressed me the most was its flow through. I am in total awe with this brush and it is certainly a keeper for me.

I enjoyed it that much that I had to have a 4 pass shave. wtg/xtg/atg/xtg so my shave would last that little bit longer.

Soap is amongst the best I have ever used. Wonderful cushion, slickness and the post shave feel is sublime. If I had any small criticism then I would like the scent profile increased.

The bowl definitely sticks up for its name, the clever design and ergonomics is superb. Lather whipped up into creamy godliness in no time.

Truly magnificent.

When you want to move that brush on Wayne I will be more than happy to give it a new home, don't worry, I will remind you every couple of days! :) just incase you change your mind. :)
Paul.

Yon Aristocrat is gorgeous!

My own rasp of the day:

Gillette Tech on RH Custom Stainless Handle
Gillette Platinum
Hand-carved Ash Barbershop Pure Bristle
Arko
Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS
Vitabiotics Wellman Daily Moisturiser

I don't care what some folk think of Arko: I love the stuff! These Gillette blades are fantastic too and this shave was also a timely reminder that all I really need in a shaving brush is the large Omega boar knot as it's such amazing value, tears up soap, has great flow through, beautifully split tips, proper backbone and is virtually bombproof. If it was all the knot/brush I could afford or get access to, I'd be perfectly happy.

Thank you!

View attachment 30041

Truly magnificent.

I'm relieved it's lived up to your expectations and my rave reviews.
I'm also glad I was the one to point you in the direction of the one on BST.

Enjoy it mate.

Last edited:
20171014_172457-jpg.18982

Yesterday's shave.
Razor: ATT R1
Razor blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest Spectrum
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: The Traditional shaving company 'Leodis' (@traditionalshaving)
EDP: Mancera Cedrat Boise

Second use of the TTSC Leodis. My findings haven't changed very much.
I've found it lacks slickness and protection. Both are present but need dialing up a fair amount for me to buy it.

The shave was good with no issues. I changed my post shave at the last minute to the Fine aftershave to compliment the EDP.

Have a good week Gents

View attachment 30041

Truly magnificent.

It is so pleasing when someone's high expectations for something is proved right.

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Elemis Pre-Shave Oil
Razor - Supply-SE (Plate **)
Blade - Schick Proline P20 (Day 4).
Soap - D.R. Harris Eucalyptus Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke Pure Badger Hair.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by Myrsol Emulsion.

A very relaxed, slow paced Sunday afternoon shave - 3 passes, BBS.

Decided to shave with a razor with more heft today, the Supply-SE did not disappoint. Nice thick, protective lather from the Harris shave cream.

All the best,

Chris

~ Shave of the Day - 15.10.2017 ~

Pre - Wickhams Gentle Glycerine Face Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Voskhod Teflon Coated (3)
Brush - YaQi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap - RazoRock Mudder Focker
Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse / Aloe Vera Gel
Edt - Paul Smith Extreme

Well that was a mudder focking good shave , not much to take off only done 2 passes and a clean up pass this razorock soap is excellent just like the others I have but not sure if I like the scent of this one yet its a strange smell ...

Wishing you all a Mudder Focking Good Sunday :D

"Mudder Focking" :) That would be a good brand name for some kick-ass shave products.

Back
Top Bottom