S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

What a razor this is. I managed 2 passes with one cut. :rolleyes:
Thought I was going really well until overconfidence took over and I managed to slice my cheek on the 2nd pass. No real drama just a quick learning curve. :)
With a bit more practice I know I will love this razor. Paired with this blade I had such a comfortable shave.

Pleased that you are enjoying the razor.....and it appears that you did really well! That is one less customer for me to deal with at work this evening;)
It IS a razor which demands concentration. Many times I am thankful that I can achieve BBS with 2 passes and just a little touch up. My attention span can be quite short!

Nice Picture....I wondered how you would present it:)

Pleased that you are enjoying the razor.....and it appears that you did really well! That is one less customer for me to deal with at work this evening;)
It IS a razor which demands concentration. Many times I am thankful that I can achieve BBS with 2 passes and just a little touch up. My attention span can be quite short!

Nice Picture....I wondered how you would present it:)
Yes thank you Brian.
I am blown away with its efficiency.

The cut to my cheek was so silly and preventable but I did think at one stage that I would have to call you out. :eek:
I did not feel the cut too much at the time but I am feeling it now. :oops:

Onwards and upwards, cant wait for my next go mate. :)
Wayne

EJ Pre Shave
Traditional Shaving Company Leodis cream
EJ DE89
Feather blade
Razor Rock Dead Sea

First shave with the Leodis cream, still making my mind up on it. The actual cream is brilliant but the scent is what I am not sure about.

Feather blade was excellent as always. Close shave with no irritation.

Still on the lookout for an excellent Aftershave. I used all my RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore up the other day which has been my favourite scent so far even compared to designs products. The Dead Sea does not really do it for me scent wise. But the staying power of it is top notch. So I think I'll have to pick up another RazoRock Aftershave.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Saturday AM 2017-10-14

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle/Floris towel
Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22m/48mm)
Floris JF shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (1)
Floris JF aftershave (vintage)
ETN6gMB.jpg

Thanks to Billy's good work I finally got back to the Rolls. Good shave until I got to my chin where going XTG I couldn't seem to get it right. Takes some practice I guess. For the head shave I used the new Apollo. At about 20g lighter than my version 2 It feels quite different, but with a new Supermax Platinum served up a nice BBS in two passes +.
8042fdae8fe268f3af28320e021ff628.jpg

EJ Pre Shave
Traditional Shaving Company Leodis cream
EJ DE89
Feather blade
Razor Rock Dead Sea

First shave with the Leodis cream, still making my mind up on it. The actual cream is brilliant but the scent is what I am not sure about.

Feather blade was excellent as always. Close shave with no irritation.

Still on the lookout for an excellent Aftershave. I used all my RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore up the other day which has been my favourite scent so far even compared to designs products. The Dead Sea does not really do it for me scent wise. But the staying power of it is top notch. So I think I'll have to pick up another RazoRock Aftershave.

Have you tried Proraso aftershaves? The Menthol & Eucalyptus is my favourite.

Plenty old school aftershaves still available for not a lot of money. . .
Brut - Original and some different scents
Old Spice - "smell like a man!!"
Blue Stratos -very 70's, but a clean scent
Denim -again, very 70's, with staying power

Have you tried Proraso aftershaves? The Menthol & Eucalyptus is my favourite.

Plenty old school aftershaves still available for not a lot of money. . .
Brut - Original and some different scents
Old Spice - "smell like a man!!"
Blue Stratos -very 70's, but a clean scent
Denim -again, very 70's, with staying power
Proraso is on my list to get along with some Cella. What is the longevity of Proraso like? I can get around 4-5 hours out of RazoRock.

Proraso is on my list to get along with some Cella. What is the longevity of Proraso like? I can get around 4-5 hours out of RazoRock.

Easily a few hours
Check out 400ml bottle on eBay, it's only a couple of quid more than 100ml. For £14 for a big bottle You can splash it on liberally .
The sandalwood one also comes in the larger bottle but I've been unable to find it cheap.

Edit,

Just found the 400ml Sandalwood Proraso on eBay for £21.89. Still good value

Last edited:
Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep +
Razor - ATT SE-1 Aluminum
Blade - Kai Captain Titan (Pink) Mild (Day 5).
Soap - Kiehl's Lite Flight Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger Hair .
Post shave - Myrsol "Plastic" Shave, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very relaxed, slow paced Saturday afternoon shave - 3 passes, BBS.

Some redness on the neck, noticed the razor jumping slightly, don't know if the razor's lightness when it hits the stubble is a disadvantage? No biggie with the redness - gone after 30 minutes.

The Shave Prep + is a great product, in my view this complements the Kiehl's Lite Flight Shave Cream, brilliantly.

Have a great weekend,

Chris

Easily a few hours
Check out 400ml bottle on eBay, it's only a couple of quid more than 100ml. For £14 for a big bottle You can splash it on liberally .
The sandalwood one also comes in the larger bottle but I've been unable to find it cheap.

Edit,

Just found the 400ml Sandalwood Proraso on eBay for £21.89. Still good value
Just come across it on Gemstone Trading for £16.50.

Might pick some up to try next. Cheers for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom