Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Shark SS (2nd)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 24mm (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Proraso aftershave Green and Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm.

New soft and hardware today – both thanks for @Tom

NSS Don Home Summer – nice scent and very easy to lather with the RazoRock Plissoft 24mm, however, found the residue slickness wanting. Did manage 2 passes (WTG and ATG) did not chase BBS, so no weepers and feel fresh and ready for Final Score.

Enjoy your weekend, Gents

Cheers,

Brian

SOTD: 141017
SOTD 141017 2.jpg

Blade: Proline #1
Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style (On Loan @culcreuch )
Brush: Razorock Aluminium Synth
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805
EDT: Izzey Myake

First and foremost may I take this opportunity to thank @culcreuch for the opportunity to try this razor for the first time.
Brian it is truly appreciated not only for the razor but the wonderful selection of blades you sent me.

What a razor this is. I managed 2 passes with one cut. :rolleyes:
Thought I was going really well until overconfidence took over and I managed to slice my cheek on the 2nd pass. No real drama just a quick learning curve. :)
With a bit more practice I know I will love this razor. Paired with this blade I had such a comfortable shave.

T&F soap is superb stuff. Great cushion and slickness. Face lathered by the supersoft Razorock Brush.

Alum sorted the cut and thayers witch hazel finishing off the Izzer Myake.
Loved it. :)

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend. :)

SOTD

On holiday for a week full of cold and not even my sotd could bring that bit of pleasure it normal does

Here we Go
Shower body wash Lynx cedarwood and bergamot probably smells great if I could smell it
Soap Wicham club cola
Yaqi brush fist time use with synthetic not bad but won't be getting ride of my badger just yet
1962 slim setting 4
Prema sharp blade 1st use
Cold rinse
Finish off with Wicham Budha Wood balm
Looking good probably smelling great feeling like s....

image.jpeg

Saturday post gym shave

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1924
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere after shave splash

I love the 1924 razors. A perfectly smooth result always follows every time I use them; and no need for shimming.

It's also nice to extend the fragrance of the soap with the splash. An unexpected bonus, since I got it free from Connaught following receipt of the first bottle that leaked en route.
IMG_0255.JPG

Saturday 14th October
Heno de Pravia
Glycerine soap pre-shave
Zenith 507 TS
OSP Vintage Cream
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Gillette Nacet Stainless #4
Alum Wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
D3VrBBL.jpg

Last DE shave for the time being. Four outings with the Nacet blade has been a pleasure. It has been sharp and smooth from the start. A rare outing also for the pre-shave soap which proved quite beneficial.

Proraso Red pre shave
Traditional Shaving Co Limes shave cream
Razorock 400
Merkur 39C
Astra SP (1)
Homemade lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
CK Eternity Summer EdT

Second use of the Limes shave cream, this time face lathered.
I don't know if it's just me, but this method of latherIng didn't produce that great a lather. The brush had been wet and surplus water squeezed out before I lathered. Dipped the tips in warm water to aid it but this didn't have much affect. The lather seemed "flat", without cushion.
I decided to continue with what lather I had anyway.
The "Sledge Hammer"/Astra duo made up for the poor lather and effectively vanished the stubble, seemingly without effort.
Just a WTG would've done, it shaved so close, but I went for a second pass ATG and was rewarded with a BBS shave despite the poor lather.
I will persevere with this cream. For my next shave I'll hand lather it to see how it performs.
The homemade lime witch hazel smells really nice but the scent doesn't last for more than ten minutes or so.
Eternity Summer EdT matched today's weather (so far anyway)

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Gillette 7 O'clock S/P Black
Brush - ‘Il Cinghiale' (Zenith EURO/RX)
Soap – Lebelle Soaps: Tobac Vanille
Post - Cold water rinse / Wholly Kaw: King of Oud Aftershave Toner

At first, I thought The Black Ninja felt a little tuggy with the Merkur 34C HD, but it soon settled down, and with Tobac Vanille laying down the foundation, produced a BBS, irritation free shave... Superb shave.

Back
Top Bottom