S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th - Friday 19th July incl.

Rob Dery said:
Shave cream: My Time Cream Soap - super mentholated
I found a tub of this artisan soft soap that I'd completely forgotten about. It came from the U.S. (the website no longer exists) and you could specify how mentholated you wanted it. I asked the nice lady to turn it up to eleven. It's good in that it froze my face most effectively;

That woman (Jean) had a real unusual formula for her soft soap. There was silk and tallow in the mix I think. It was a good product. Heh, she mighta been the first one to offer the custom menthol overload option, which she thought was pretty funny. Yeah, she didn't understand about the freeze.....although neither do I. The members of that shaving forum were ecstatic about finding someone who would do their crazy bidding. Yeah, supposedly her stuff was the freeziest man.

My Time Bath and Body......I bought some myself years ago. She was a very nice person who included a bunch of free EO samples in the order that I used to mix in her unscented soap.

Martin

ZvhmYTD.jpg

MRGLO
Joseph Elliot "Hamburg Ring" 6/8
2013 R41 Rosegold
Polsilver SI (1)
DR Harris Windsor Soap
Restored Buttersotch w/ 21mm Ace Pure
Old Spice A/S

I don't know if it's because it's been so long, but I struggled with the straight and had to finish up the last pass and a half with the R41. I'd forgotten what a good wee razor this is, as well as a stunner.

My first restored brush worked a treat too!

La Toja stick
Henk walnut silvertip
Progress on 3, 2, 1 with Rapira Swedish Super Shexy (3)
Boots Freshwood a/s balm

Partial BBS. Very enjoyable on another hot, bright evening.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Cold rinse
Soap: Fitjar Shea Pleasure - scuttle lathered
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 butterscotch in best
Razor: 7 o'clock head, UFO Red Kong handle
Blade: Rapira (3)

I've been cold water shaving for about the last six weeks. Very refreshing on a humid night like this.

Razor: Kropp 7/8 custom ebony scale
Brush: Neep Stonebrush Extra silvertip
Scuttle: Dirty Bird
Cream: TOBS Mr.Taylor
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: JPG

DSC00683_zpse9aef859.jpg

Alot of drama here all day long, Police both undercover and normal,swat,bombteam,ambulance,firefighters,news-teams (i think i stop counting cops after 40) the hole naberhood was closed, i live about 10 meters from where this happen so i had pretty good view lol, infact so good that police askt if thay could use my balcony... a young guy in my age living next to me was screaming from his window that he was going to blow himself up and the house. 8 hours later he finally surrendered and had no bomb, poor guy just craveing for attention, Dont do drugs ppl.

few undercover cars outside my house.
20130717_173736_resized_zps83600b1e.jpg

firefighters waiting
IMG-20130717-WA0018_resized_zps58fcc6d1.jpg

SWAT about to move in. (im standing in my bedroom, you can see the door on the picture where the guy live.)
IMG-20130717-WA0020_resized1_zps658019ed.jpg

cop taking cover behind a tree lol :)
IMG-20130717-WA0019_resized_zps9846c956.jpg

Bic 1 Sensitive (2)
Semogue SOC boar
Proraso green soap
Proraso AS lotion
Diptyque Philosykos

Quick, comfortable morning shave. Probably the best disposable I've used - possibly because the design mimics a safety razor rather than a cartridge system.

Thursday:

Palmolive soap grated into a bowl
Semogue 2012 SE
Aristocrat Junior
Rapira Platinum Lux
Witch Hazel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
TOBS St James EdC

Nice shave, the Palmolive was top notch. I'm still not convinced by the Platinum Lux blade, I don't find them that smooth.

SOTD18-07-13_zps742b3b37.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: La Toja stick (soap of the week)
Brush: Muhle 'HJM' Synthetic
Razor: Gillette New Long + Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Sputnik (1) (a gift from 782sirbrian)
After: Alum, Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS, Coral Skin Food

La Toja Soap Week Day 4 - The Taming of the New

I didn't have much hope for this Gillette New razor as it has never given me comfortable shaves. Brian kindly sent me a few Sputnik blades to try in it and as it's Soap of the Week I thought it'd be a good time to compare with my other shaves this week because the other variables are mostly fixed.
I must say what a revelation! I never thought a blade could change a razor so much but this one has transferred a difficult, aggressive razor into a kitten. Smooth and easy without any pulling or juddering and no irritation afterwards, even on my neck. Feedback from the alum block gave no stinging, confirming that it hadn't been too harsh.
Result BBS (apart from under my chin where I missed a bit).
Now then, where to get these blades from...

SOTD_130718_zpsa3348b05.jpg

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Feather Artist Club SS - Dorco Blade
Muhle Silvertip (v1) Fibre 21mm Horn
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Proraso Green A/S
4711 Eau De Cologne

A wonderful shave whilst it is still relatively cool this morning.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MdC
Brush: Grosvenor handle/TGN 2-band badger knot
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Comfortable morning shave. Just wish tap water these days would be cooler/colder!

Thursday 07-18-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPLt_m5o-0[/video]

822eee3e-f622-4ba4-8247-34c7022b6f2b.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera - Alum block - Tónico Healt & Aloe BIO - ASB Healt & Aloe BIO - ASL Clarins Men.

jds said:
What's the verdict on the Old Spice Stick? I have one currently unopened, and am wondering whether to give it a spin.

Cheers,

Jon

It's good stuff Jon. Only used it once so far, really, so cannot say much. But I also have a vintage puck and they're not far apart. Dried me out a bit but it may be it's the water as well, it's very hard over here.

Thursday 18th July

1l6w.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson 56 best badger brush
Gillette 1920 single ring 'old type'
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

A lovely comfortable shave, as I keep saying in different posts the Sputniks were made for open comb razors :icon_razz: no irritation, roughness just super smooth. Now should I invest in some more for my stash....... :icon_rolleyes:

Brian

Afternoon, everybody.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Personna Lab (6)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
A/S: Iris Sauvage

A fine shave.

Today's shave

Feather Artist Club Razor
Feather Pro Guard Blade
Re Knotted Thiers Issard Brush
NSS Sandalwood olive oil shaving Soap
Superdrug Sierran Breeze Aftershave Lotion
Floris No 89

Result BSS

Two Days beard gone. The razor gods have given me the perfect shave today, usually I don't like the Pro Guard blades but used with the olive oil shaving soap from Sharon,gives these blades extra glide....am I happy? Yeeess :heart::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Back
Top Bottom